Premades need to be stopped

There was a reddit post on the front page a few months ago. I remember it because it was talking about the effects of Epic premade communities and it had used a screenshot that Holycow once posted here. A few of the people in that thread stated that if Blizzard cracked down on Epic BG premades that they would quit the game. Imagine that. If Blizzard took away their gross advantage then they would leave.

The parallels between Epic Premade players and BC/WOTLK/Level 20 twinks is absurd. Epic BG Premades, just like the twinks, truly think that they are doing nothing wrong and that “Because anyone can do it, then it’s fine”

Twinks weren’t breaking any rules either, but they were disrupting gameplay for the masses.

4 Likes

Hey! Those are copyrighted!

:thinking:

2 Likes

yep I honestly wish blizzard would do something so all these people quit the game they are the ones killing it a lot of people would probably come back to the game if they fixed all the problems.

Where’s the paperwork.

takes off glasses

cleans them

:flushed:

looks you in the eye

looks at the paper work

you win.

1 Like

I’m not so sure that’s how it works, but I don’t know enough about copyright laws to know otherwise.

1 Like

Agreed. They should state whether it is allowed or not. Rather than allow these threads to continue into infinitude.

You can wish in one hand…

550+ post so far, plus dozens of other threads with hundreds of posts and yet Blizz still hasn’t done anything about this.

I guess they don’t really care, huh?

2 Likes

Not a single mention of it since patch 5.1

They’ve talked about it over the years.

Ashran was after patch 5.1.

Before Holinka deleted all his tweets, he wrote:

2 Likes

I see you have met the NPC of pvp forums .

3 Likes

Yep. By Blizzard. You should read the EULA:

You hereby grant Blizzard a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, fully paid up, non-exclusive, sub-licensable, right and license to exploit the User Content and all elements thereof, in any and all media, formats and forms, known now or hereafter devised.

Blizzard shall have the unlimited right to copy, reproduce, fix, modify, adapt, translate, reformat, prepare derivatives, add to and delete from, rearrange and transpose, manufacture, publish, distribute, sell, license, sublicense, transfer, rent, lease, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, provide access to, broadcast, and practice the User Content as well as all modified and derivative works thereof and any and all elements contained therein, and use or incorporate a portion or portions of the User Content or the elements thereof in conjunction with or into any other material.

In the event you upload or otherwise transmit to Blizzard any concepts, ideas, or feedback relating to the Platform, you shall not be entitled to any compensation for any such submission, unless expressly agreed between you and Blizzard, and Blizzard may freely use any such submission in any manner it deems appropriate.

Any such submission by you shall not create any contractual relationship between you and Blizzard. Except to the extent that any such waiver is prohibited by law, you hereby waive the benefit of any provision of law known as “moral rights” or “droit moral” or any similar law in any country of the world.

You represent and warrant that the User Content does not infringe upon the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property rights of any third party.

How very convenient. Too bad he left the company. Now you’ll have to wait for them to actually do something. Rather than possibly talk about the issue.

It’s not like premade raiders saw the error of their ways when they read those statements back then.

They used the same excuses that they use now.

Too soon.

:sob:

:dracthyr_shrug:

So, they have additional measures. Nice, does that mean the system is working as intended now?

clearly not but you wouldn’t understand that XD

We’re not discussing your dislike of the system, we’re discussing whether Blizzard is happy with it. Since they haven’t changed it since WoD, they clearly are.

Blizzard has clearly stated multiple times that they don’t want premade raids in random bgs.

Do you think they’re happy with players circumventing restrictions and ruining the game for others?

Clearly, they are, since they introduced systems in WoD and haven’t changed anything since.

So, 4 expansions later, no change. They must be happy with how it’s working.

Just because you are unhappy with it, doesn’t really mean that it’s a problem, just that you have a problem with it.