Premades have completely ruined the PvP BG experience. Do something already

Lol, just because you want to do something doesn’t mean it isn’t an exploit. What kind of logic is that lol

Right, so you can’t provide an explanation and now we’re back to this.

Thanks for clearing it up!

I don’t need to provide an explanation of why the rules are the way they are.

I’m just telling you what the rules as currently written are.

2 Likes

Because if it was an exploit, this post would’ve been flagged as fast as anything. And if it was flagged, I know the post wouldn’t have any action taken against it.

You can explain the rules all you want.

But until you can provide me a reasonable explanation for why “we took action on automated queueing because it impacts the game for other players and disrupts gameplay” is not applicable to “manual queueing should be actioned because it impacts the game for other players and disrupts gameplay,” then your point is moot lol

1 Like

Blizzard explained why they made that change — they don’t want premade raids in random bgs.

https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic/us-en/7200052820-joinbattlefield-post-51-part-2/

1 Like

They used the same explanation for the multi-boxing change (which still explicitly allows multi-boxing), and only bans automating the process.

Which is the same as the current rules here.

Thank you for providing the link.

It is indeed clearly explained.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

And I have said it falls into a gray area.

That is why people in this thread asking for a change.

1 Like

“never has been” is probably the most unambiguous way he could have put it.

But BlizZard has changed their stance on issues like multi boxing so that is why people are posting feedback in this thread.

3 Likes

Which is a good example of another thing that players don’t like, but is explicitly allowed to be done manually, and only automating the process is banned.

I have never seen anyone manually multi boxing in WoW. Closest would be DAOC or Lineage 1/2 and even then it is too hard to box that way with multiple screens.

I do it all the time. All on one screen without extra software.

1 Like

Well, doing it with software/hardware assistance is no longer multi-boxing now, and is considered to be botting now.

That is impressive if true.

Not really. A monitor bigger than an ant + windowed mode = no issue.

1 Like

I’m not familiar with the multi-boxing stuff, so I’ll just stick to the premade raiding topic.

The Blizzard PvP devs have explained they don’t want premade raids in random bgs. It’s unfair to the other players and it drives them away from PvP.

This message has been completely undercut by the lack of bans and CS saying it’s ok to keep trying to circumvent the premade size restriction.

Blizzard PvP devs: “We don’t want premade raids in random bgs. They’re ruining bgs for other players and driving them away from PvP.”

Blizzard CS: “It’s ok if you keep trying to circumvent the premade size restriction though.”

Now, we see that epic bgs are being overrun by premade raids. Not only is it frequent roflstomps, but many other games are also ruined because one team starts half-empty due to a premade raid mass dropping queue pops in their attempts to circumvent the system.

Although PvP (especially random bgs) is low priority for Blizzard, we’d like to raise awareness about this worsening problem and suggest some solutions.

4 Likes

Unofficially, on their own personal twitter. Has no bearing on the actual rules. If he’d wanted that to be the policy, he had the power to make that the actual policy, but they didn’t.

Officially, informing players of what the policy is.

It’s an analogous situation. Players don’t like it, and doing it manually is fine. Only automating the process is banned.

1 Like

I don’t know what happened behind the scenes.

However, when the dev in charge of PvP is literally saying it’s unfair and you’re driving people away from PvP, I imagine he wanted players to stop bringing premade raids into random bgs.

2 Likes