Premades have completely ruined the PvP BG experience. Do something already

You not understanding that blitz isn’t random BGs and a separate game mode that people opt into isn’t me moving the goalposts.

It’s you not understanding the difference.

The purists are the reason why.

Which is the main reason it’s not entering qued content.

I respectfully disagree.

^

In the past, Blizzard tried to maintain two separate factions, but it’s clear that in recent years, Blizzard has been removing faction barriers/restrictions in various content.

Random bgs might be the last bastion of Horde vs. Alliance in WoW.

IMO, it’s time to enable cross-faction teams. This would allow Blizzard to make significant improvements to random bg matchmaking while keeping queue times short.

5 Likes

Source: He made it up.

haha

I think that’s what world PvP is going to become and already has been in a way, which is a good thing. There are so many cool things they could do to make world PvP more interesting and really lean into the factions. Everything else wouldn’t matter.

At this point, cross faction starts to make less and less sense. Everything in the game has improved when factions were removed. It will be the same for BGs. It could seriously revitalize regular bgs.

The biggest thing I could thing of quite honestly is ALL the players that complain about “horde has really been doing bad tonight” or “alliance always sucks” bla bla bla. All that goes away. Isle becomes more fun because you’re not guaranteed to be on horde. AV becomes more fun because you’re not stuck on alliance.

It really would be a huge win for Blizzard.

1 Like

Starting to think some of the folks are just not all that bright. Like maybe they really can’t grasp some of these ideas. It happens, and we shouldn’t tease them for it, but man they make it hard with how abusive and outright full of it they can be.

2 Likes

I think it’s more fear of it. Because they can’t really give it a fair test without losing the trust they’d be worried about losing, if you catch my drift. It’s a slope that is, at least, hard to climb back up.

Oh, sorry, I have a reputation to uphold. Assume I said something entirely AGAINST progress for BGs instead.

It’s a mixture of things for sure.

Plenty of trolls here just looking to get a reaction of people and plenty of threads get buried for it. There are the hall monitors. Easily some of the most disingenuous people on the forums. Quick to police one side while giving a blind eye to the trolls.

But yea, lots of players who don’t understand the issue, don’t care to learn, and instead want to argue something stilly like semantics.

“Well that isn’t what the word means! bla bla bla.” Actively rewriting the english language in real time. Impressive stuff.

3 Likes

Oh yeah that want vs not want thing was painful. I think they are just really at the peak on the dunning-kruger arc. It’s an odd thing because i get mad at them then almost feel bad for it.

1 Like

For sure. I think none of them want to admit that though, even though they know it. So they just double down. That we have to start arguing what a word means just shows how ridiculous and weak their arguments are.

Side note…

Just did an epic bg on an alt for the weekly. Ran in to another premade. While I was waiting for our loss, decided to look up a few of them.

They had 9 players with honor levels above 500. Just can’t make this stuff up.

1 Like

Possible. But going off all the language from when cross faction was introduced, they obviously felt like they had to be really careful to specify it being an explicit opt-in. From the initial announcement post: “While we are excited to offer players the choice to reach across the faction divide and cooperate to overcome common foes, we know that there are many who will react warily to this change, and we don’t want to override those preferences. This is about increasing options for players.”

Working backwards from this, it’s perfectly reasonable to conclude that they have some data that indicates a significant amount of players have a problem with cross faction gameplay.

That being said: I’m also not sure cross faction solves the problem of pre-mades having an advantage, because said premade can just have the set of players that end up on the side with fewer people from that group throw, and report info back to the other side. I’d be concerned about this possible change making it easier to win trade, at which point you’ve only succeeded in swapping out one thing you don’t like, for a different thing you probably don’t like.

But it sure is strange for OP’s solution to the ‘problem’ of pre-mades to be make it easier for people to win-trade.

1 Like

This is the point where you start issuing bans.

2 Likes

I’m not sure any solution will be perfect, but I do have to agree with Mohz that the larger player pool has intrinsic merit.

You’ve definitely looked into this more, though, and if I weren’t tied up with other things I’d jump in with more coherent thoughts after reading that. Apologies but I’ll just have to defer and nod my head.

1 Like

50% of the people leaving a match or throwing a game on purpose? Most people would just quit at that point. While mass leaving already happens, it’s not to the degree that it catches the eye of enough players. This would be extremely disruptive.

In the end it would make doing it far less lucrative. Right now, there are almost 0 drawbacks.

1 Like

This is why I think the actual best solution is to just let raids queue, and match raids against other raids (basically as a separate queue).

Embrace that the addition of Blitz means that the random battlegrounds queue no longer has to serve both the competitive players as well as the random for fun players. Let BGs be the casual mode, where things are more relaxed as to what’s allowed, and keep strict competitive integrity on Blitz.

And, in the event that a random is incredibly one-sided: let the loosing side surrender after ~5-10 min. Players tend to stop graveyard camping when the side that’s getting camped can just give up when they can’t play the game. Also solves the problem of people back-filling into a dead lost BG.

1 Like

That would make queue times very long. What if no other raid queues?

1 Like

Oh, so now you’re concerned about the players who want to pre-made?

1 Like

lol. No.

I’m asking you what happens when a raid sits in queue?

1 Like

They get longer queues. Same thing that happens to solo shuffle when not enough healers queue.

But, if as you’re saying this is a very prevalent problem, I don’t see this being an issue.

I mean, if you want to restrict raids to raids, sure.

The players who do premades will just stop. They aren’t playing to be competitive or have a challenge.

3 Likes

Then it sounds like you agree that this idea would accomplish the result you want.

It wouldn’t even slightly.

The premades would continue todo what they are doing and queue sync 5 man groups.

Why would they waste their time with raids? Makes no sense.

4 Likes