Premades have completely ruined the PvP BG experience. Do something already

Telling?

The point is to help alleviate queues on one side. Have a long queue, check the merc npc. It’s a nice option if you want to speed up your queue.

Cross faction would do away with that completely. Queue times would speed up. Game would be more balanced. It’s all upside. The majority of the game is cross faciton.

2 Likes

At the expense of people either showing up in BGs with known members of the opposite faction via random queue (something which blizzard seems to think is a non-starter for a lot of players), or players showing up in a BG only to find their racial and appearance have randomly changed (which only works in merc mode because it’s explicit opt-in).

Would you still queue up for BGs if you would sometimes randomly spawn in as a dwarf?

I wouldn’t hold my breath…

They were against it for all things… Then it came together for rated. What about guilds? They have slowly come more and more together. They’ve basically abandoned faction antagonistic story.

I don’t think it’ll happen this expansion but next one I definitely wouldn’t rule it out.

3 Likes

Considering Blizz has stated that cross faction won’t be going to qued content.

And that merc mode exists

Full pre-made only. Consistent with the stated goals.

Again: requires an opt-in, no random queue.

They’ve been pretty clear that cross faction requires an opt-in, not an opt-out.

lol!

That is a complete non-factor. They could allow players to specify their race. Or better yet, only other players would see you as a dwarf.

This isn’t an issue.

BG Blitz is queued content right now and has xfaction while still being really popular, so this argument doesn’t really work. They will almost certainly add xfaction to regular and epic BGs at some point.

10 Likes

For you, maybe.

Something you seem to be oblivious to is that other players exist, and have different ideas as to what is and is not a problem.

Dude, there are plenty of ways to work around this. Plenty of ways to make both crowds happy. You’re clearly not a solution orientated person or you’re just here to argue. People are here suggesting ideas and you’re just saying it won’t happen.

1 Like

Blitz.

It’s not. Blitz. Also again, they stated no cross faction for anything before. No story around it anymore.

Full cross faction can absolutely be a thing next expansion.

2 Likes

Solo shuffle is also cross-server queued content.

1 Like

Bg blitz is a precursor for rated and isn’t the same as a random bg que.

You also have to OPT in.

It’s not coming to regular random BGs just like it’s not coming to LFR.

Do you know what an exception to a rule is?

It is exactly the same, it’s just a brawl right now and will still be queued content when it is rated.

3 Likes

You’re completely missing the point.

A brawl also isn’t random BGs.

If someone joined your own keys, then dropped after it started, for hours on end you wouldn’t feel in the least bit robbed?

If you left the M+ after they left, do you feel it’s OK to be stuck for 15-30+ minutes before you can even try to put another party together?

1 Like

Source?

Where would Blizzard get that data? Did they do a survey on PvPers asking about their deal breakers?

4 Likes

Not really. Your point just doesn’t work because they already added xfaction to a popular queued game mode. You can move the goalposts all you want, but that is the fact. That’s all I’ll say though, I don’t feel like spending 200 posts with you saying “nuh-uh” for the rest of the night so you can go ahead and get the last word.

5 Likes

It’s less an exception and more an ever evolving rule. You think anyone playing vanilla in 2005 would ever be okay with cross faction anything? Hell no. Even me I’m a relic of that age and don’t super like the idea.

Reality though for the health of the game it would be a good thing. Add on they’ve already abandoned faction war in every other avenue of the game, it doesn’t make sense not to.

2 Likes

You honestly think they don’t have data trackers installed in the game/server files to monitor this stuff?