Premades have completely ruined the PvP BG experience. Do something already

Out of curiosity, why do you suppose this is posted here, rather than the PvP forum? Shiyo posted the answer to this question in the other GD thread on this topic, but I’m curious what you make of it, since you interact with the content more, clearly.

I’m going to cut one avenue off for you; visibility isn’t the reason. GD may be more active, but it’s not a secret that Blizzard looks for targeted feedback, not vitriolic arguments in GD.

Pretty simple. Right now, these players all queue up, but they don’t always get the same queue pop. So they drop it. To that, sometimes they’ll all take it and still be in separate matches, so they’ll leave the match already in progress.

Two ways to attack it. The first being to restrict dropping queues, these players are doing it far more often than a solo player. Dropping a queue that just popped should result in deserter. Repeated drops should escalate that. This should be account wide.

Second aspect is dropping games that are already active. Leave a match a couple times can be understandable, these players doing it all the time.

Beyond that, the easiest fix would be to remove factions in PvP. If a premade joins up, the players can be evenly divided up. While this means some players might throw a match, it would still discourage gaming the system.

Is their experience being degraded because one team decided to stack the other team? Yes. End of story.

1 Like

No idea who you are speaking about and I don’t personally care… until you have some actual PVP experience under your belt, nothing you’re gonna say to me is going to mean anything.

It’s insane. You go to other threads and accuse Snozex of doing this, then do it yourself to me ad nauseum like you’ve made a point.

What character do you PvP on, anyway? Since you’re more qualified to have an opinion.

You are assuming it is not against the rules, when posts have shown it gives an advantage and thus is. Sorry, but that is a silly response without something saying “this is not against the rules”. Timing isn’t as I said, but the rest might be.

What? That made no sense.

They have said having more than 5 people premade is an unfair advantage. Unfair advantage is against COD. What don’t you get about those two things tying together?

Nope not what is going on, and a very troll response.

Fair advantage = gear, skill, up to 4 others joining with you in a 5 man premade
Unfair advantage = more than a 5 man premade.
It has been said quite directly.

You are not making sense here.

Also, is this just Snozex on an alt…I mean…seems pretty clear it is, but if so swapping characters to get around ignores is very troll like behavior.

2 Likes

Who am I accusing of anything? I’m accusing you of being a :troll: talking about a topic you have no experience in, who is Snozex?

So I’ll just hit you with ubiquitous arguments that are generally spoken in bad faith but do reasonably hold water here.

“That’s not fair. What, I can’t go grab a cup of water?!”

“That’s not fair. I want to play with my friend!”

1 Like

Hidden profile lol.

Enjoy your back-patting circle. I’ve said more or less what I had to say.

It’s a frequency problem. Just a matter of knowing a good breaking point in there. Leaving or skipping 2-3 queues? Totally normal. Leaving 5-10+. Likely not.

Groups can still be placed together.

Treat groups like a single player. Average out their ilvl and distribute players based on ilvl. This would make regular bgs decently fair.

2 Likes

1st part: already happens, and it seems to be causing that which you are complaining about.
2nd part: doesn’t seem that hard to manipulate into achieving the result you’re complaining about.

Especially in a row.

2 Likes

You said it would take 30 seconds to get around this way way back then never responded when I asked how.

So how would a limit of 3 a day queue skips before incurring a growing delay, per account, be worked around? You keep claiming all these things are easy to work around but haven’t said anything on how.

Context.

If cross faction bgs were a thing.

Yep. If a player is consistently doing this, it would be an easy thing to prevent.

1 Like

The penalty would never get longer than 30 minutes per dodge.

Yep. Problem with that?

Cope harder :clown_face:

Almost forgot to add this.

Not at all. Just decided going and quoting other threads when it’s more hassle wasn’t worth my time.

What would I be coping about? My opinion is formed, and I’m comfortable in it.

So the ‘exploit’ here is to play the under-represented faction with shorter queue times, then all queue at the same time to land in the same BG?

I think the only fix to this is to introduce MMR for random BGs. And I’m not sure how that would go over with the BG target audience (and no, I don’t think you or Kal are in the target audience for random BGs, you’re more the target audience for Rated).

Cool story bro, wouldn’t change anything.

:rofl:

Yes… surely I’m coping. Anyway, have fun with that.

What? How? If it went from 3 a day, to 1 minute, to 5, to 15, to 30, then 1 hour, then a day…they would basically get at most 2 BGs per player that they do this. Could then carry over to the next day because 24 hours on the last one.

If it takes an average of 3 tries to get everyone in then they get at most 3 in a day. Then they are out for 24 hours. You could come up with all sorts of iterations and versions of that, and it would make it fairly easy to flag people to look deeper into it.

How would it never get higher than 30?

No the exploit is making full premades by requeuing many times after dropping queue.