Premades have completely ruined the PvP BG experience. Do something already

I have a couple of blue posts to draw upon for the rules we follow and across 12 years, the rules have not changed.

We won’t be pulled over.

Blizzard may change the rules in the future, but until then, we are still playing within the rules.

It’s debatable but we’re not trying to convince each other, I’m just saying be careful in the liberal application of your conclusion.

No, it really isn’t.

We are not, currently, cheating.

I get that some people want to see that changed, and if they can convince Blizzard to change the rules, more power to them.

But that does not change the fact that we are currently playing within the rules.

Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck.

2 Likes

No, because, whether you think it’s cheating or not, doesn’t change the fact that Blizzard does not, currently, consider it cheating.

I find that using Blizzard’s previous statements on the matter to be reductive to the conversation and a near flagrant attempt at silencing criticism, to be honest.

Blizzard has been wrong in the past. They can be wrong now. Not sure why you think this is somehow a decent counterargument to make.

2 Likes

Til you find out it’s a mimic.

Is correct, if you want to state Blizzards current stance.

Yes, they could be wrong now.

But I’m not arguing whether premades are good for the game or not, all I’m stating is that currently, Blizzard does not currently consider communicating with other players that you are clicking a button, as cheating.

The people who are arguing that it is currently cheating, are wrong. Because they don’t get to make up the rules.

1 Like

But the point is that Blizzard’s current stance is incorrect and is stated in contradiction to how the game functions.

All you’re doing is pointing out what people already know. That’s why it’s reductive.

I mean, I think there’s a case to be made. I know what Blizzard has said on manual queue syncing, but that doesn’t change the fact that the current infrastructure in-game doesn’t support a holistic queue for premades into randoms.

It’s not “cheating” by what Blizzard states, but it’s definitely bypassing the framework. In any other game, that would be considered cheating regardless of what the developers say about it.

That is your opinion. You are welcome to it, don’t get me wrong, but it still just your opinion.

We aren’t playing another game.

What we’re saying is that countdown queuing is just one thing you do to stack queues, assuming that CS agent was correctly stating their position which they refuse to commit to now which would resolve a lot of concerns. I wouldn’t feel comfortable sync queuing given their addendum of “other means” which is an open statement.

They mean using software. Or exploiting a bug to allow 40 people in a raid to click the queue button.

Things like that.

Dropping queues is not required to sync queue. And it isn’t disallowed.

The only thing necessary to sync queue is knowing roughly when other groups are queuing, it doesn’t need to be exact, within a minute or two and it usually works.

You’re assuming that’s what they meant, could mean dropping queues until you get most of your group in the same instance. Use of in game mechanics to achieve an unintended and advantageous result still meets both the connotative and denotative meaning of the word exploit. Just make sure other cars are speeding faster, let them get the ticket.

Right.

The typical response to this matter, then, would be for you to explain why Blizzard is actually correct and why premades should be allowed. That’s how these conversations work, not “Well this is what Blizzard says so you’re wrong.”

Do you have anything to offer on that front, or are you just here to derail the conversation again?

We aren’t, but if any other game wouldn’t allow people to bypass the framework, then it begs the question as to why Blizzard continues to allow it.

They make the game and the rules, but if they care at all about the integrity of their game modes, then it’s something they should care about.

Unless they just don’t care, which would not be the most surprising thing.

But most communities don’t do that.

We usually take the queue that we get.

Then you should be OK but I assure you others don’t follow your example although the term “usually” still leaves you open for potential action.

But dropping queues is currently allowed. It isn’t an exploit to leave a queue by clicking a button in the game which is labeled “Leave Queue”. So it doesn’t leave us open for any action.

Premades often show players how to do strategies other than rushing to the other end and dying on noob hill.

In the current system, it is our normal way of recruiting, since there are often a number of pugs playing with us. They wouldn’t get to experience proper communications. A lot of the recruits get better at the game simply for playing with us than if they remained solo players.

I hope you know he’s goading you into an argument you can’t win.

Because what he says is technically true. The point remains, however, is that it shouldn’t be. It harms the game and makes a worse experience overall. That should be the focus, not a semantics game over what Blizzard has said.

There are numerous examples of people using in-game mechanics for unintended results that Blizzard deemed exploitive, I already used the example where joining group and leaving it at appropriate times to get a drop not intended for their level was deemed an exploit.

Leaving a queue, is the intended result of clicking the “Leave Queue” button.