Premades are ruining epic pvp BGs

ruining implies present tense… the word you’re looking for is ruined, which is past tense.

And this is why I don’t do epics. Aside from the fact that you have to deal with more than likely 30-35 idiots…

The existing matchmaking system already “attempts” to match premade-vs-premade for the most part

The problem is basically all the premades are wise to it and have a dedicated “scout” player (usually a throwaway alt/not someone from the heavy-hitters) who zones in, checks the enemy roster, and reports on whether it’s a premade or a pug group on the other side

If it’s another premade, everyone drops queue/doesn’t accept, then everyone requeues to “fish” for an enemy group of pugs. If the enemy team is a pug group, everyone takes the queue instantly

2 Likes

To me that would be too boring. I like a fight, not a mindless zerg.

2 Likes

Could this possibly be why I sit in the AV queue for hours on end and it doesn’t pop? Not a huge deal to me, but curious.

This is really getting out of hand. You’ve let these people completely destroy an entire game mode. If I spend a day queueing epics, I can count the number of non-premade games on one hand.

Just make a raid queue option. So they can fight each other, and ban the ones that continue to abuse sync queues.

If you truly want the challenge of fighting another premade. You shouldn’t have an issue with this. Unless of course you were always just in it for the fun of griefing PUGs and ruining their fun.

Edit: Not to mention the groups that go out of their way to drag the match out as long as they possibly can to torture the poor PUGs on the other team.

3 Likes

I totally get ya.

Its not that they even win by an acceptable fair margin with the use of effort of a challenge, it’s not even close to that IT’S A MINDLESS SLAUGHTERING that clearly is taking ZERO effort to accomplish. You could be blind in one eye and not see out the other and WIN.

It would be a joke if it wasn’t so obviously unfair gameplay for those on the constant perennial losing end. It’s an exploited loophole that appears to be intentionally allowed.

So of course they’re going to create premade’s when the challenge is about as difficult as knocking over static pilons on the side of road. They mow down the Horde like grass without any effort.

Then they act all tough YELLING in the chat how great they are bla bla bla BUT they’re not, they’re being carried like baby murloc’s in a well stitched back pack.

Disgusting part of it all is the DEVS behind the PvP BG curtain are the REAL culprits, oohhh they BAD, more crooked than a Goblins nose.

2 Likes

I know how to fix PVP modes, just give a player a stacking permanent buff (+10% hp,dmg,etc) if they lose BG, after 5 loses that person would be mini boss.

It is WoW pvp. You either group with people and farm the ungrouped people as though they’re NPCs. Or you run around like an NPC and allow the grouped people to farm you like cattle. That’s all there is to it.

They did. They put in the 5 man restriction AND publicly said they do not want more than 5 queing into any random bg’s.

so they did “do something years ago lol”

It’s not cheating.

Bunch of sub 1200 mmr quality players crying because they got beat in this thread.

Citation please

Yeah no. If you lose you shouldn’t be rewarded.

If only there were a separate option for this.

1 Like

Welcome to GD

First, you need evidence of the 5 man limit? You could just try to que with 6 people and see what happens. There’s your obvious evidence. But…

Here is something from 2012 in regards to blizzard’s stated stance on premades:

https://www.bluetracker.gg/wow/topic/us-en/7199643338-battleground-queues-and-addons/

Nov. 30, 2012, 7:33 p.m.

In patch 5.1, we resolved some issues regarding how Addons interact with the Battleground queue system. It is no longer possible to automate queuing for standard or random Battlegrounds in groups larger than 5. We decided to make this change in order to improve the experience for all players who are queueing into random groups normally and expecting to face similarly random groups, only to find themselves crushed by a full team of coordinated opponents.

We understand that players want to enjoy coordinated team play, and we invite those players to queue into Rated Battlegrounds or play Wargames to have that experience. Players can continue to use Addons to queue for Rated Battlegrounds as well.

Also this from 2012:

https://www.engadget.com/2012-12-05-blizzard-takes-a-stand-against-pre-mades-battleground-groups.html?guccounter=1

If you’re waiting for a blue post archive, unfortunately when they migrated and changed the forum, a lot of posts were lost. But there are references to old posts about the issue.

This post by Holycow references a series of tweets made by holinka in regards to 6+ man premades. Unfortunately he regularly deletes his tweets but you can find them in an archive if you need to go beyond just testing a 6+ que in the game you play. ( Epic premades are toxic and totally violate the social contract and terms of service - #28 by Holycow-uldaman )

The above is showing how they were considering reopening it for Ashran but they quickly realized it was a bad idea and reversed it.

As you can see, their public stance on 6+ man premades was made over a decade ago. They do not support it. They even had to actively break addons that were allowing groups to bypass the 5 man restriction.

Welcome to wow. No, you are not supposed to go beyond 5 player premades in randoms. They want you to only do that in Rated bg’s.

The rules are there and have been for quite a while. The issue is not having devs that care enough about pvp to enforce their own rules. And the issue of players thinking they’re allowed to break the rules because “it’s an mmo bruh. just let us stomp you, bruh!”

NOTE: They have worked to crush the premade issue in classic eras of the game.

2 Likes

No I asked for a citation of their statement against premades.

What you posted doesn’t mean what you think it means.

They banned a specific addon. They didn’t actually ban the activity.

Please provide a citation not your personal opinion.

You need to read harder, premader.

We decided to make this change in order to improve the experience for all players who are queueing into random groups normally and expecting to face similarly random groups, only to find themselves crushed by a full team of coordinated opponents.
We understand that players want to enjoy coordinated team play, and we invite those players to queue into Rated Battlegrounds or play Wargames to have that experience. Players can continue to use Addons to queue for Rated Battlegrounds as well.

I’ve already shown you, premader.

You are not discussing this in good faith.

You need to actually read what it says.

PS I also don’t premade.

You haven’t shown anything other than them destroying an auto Que addon and your interpretation of what they said.

Again I don’t premade so your little insults a swing and a miss.