Premades are fine, this is an MMO

If I found it on Twitter, anyone can find it. You’re acting like it was some big secret.

1 Like

You only found it because we used to be bnet friends.

You had info other people didn’t have.

I guess it was my bad for friending you and trusting you’d have better judgment.

I have found others twitters who I didn’t have on bnet as well. It was no secret who was tweeting to warcraft devs as they are public.

1 Like

In my case, you only found it because of bnet.

Anyways, you decided it was ok to link my RL stuff to everyone in the forum. Nobody else found it or linked it.

You did.

You monitor all Tweets sent to the Warcraft devs?

Or just mine?

That’s comforting and totally normal behavior.

Make sure you link their RL stuff in the forum without their permission. I’m sure they’d appreciate it.

Not many people tweeted to warcraft devs.

1 Like

Correct. I linked something game related to the forums.

1 Like

I guess so. Oh well, live and learn.

1 Like

Hey I mean no offence, but if you’re going to argue about the current state of random BGs you should… be playing them (both solo and grouped) to have an informed opinion

No offense taken. I do play them all mostly solo as well as SS to fill the vault up.

1 Like

So, I don’t know much about what is going on here but from what I could gather, sounds like you doxed the guy?

Just assuming here, but if his Twitter profile had his real life name and photo, and you linked his stuff on the forums saying, “this guy in this tweet I’m linking is Holycow,” and there was no indicators on it to show it was Holycow, yeah, you doxed the guy.

I don’t buy this:

Lots of people tweet to @WarcraftDevs first off. If what he said is true, you already knew his name because you were btag friends.

Again, sure, anyone can see the Tweet that’s being made, but not anyone would know that the Tweet being made is from Holycow unless he had somewhere on there otherwise that said, “I post on the WoW forums under the name Holycow.”

Just my two cents.

1 Like

btag tells you nothing about the persons name. Now if we were talking real ID, you’d have a point, but I’m not real ID friends with anyone. Also, how someone posts on the forums is similar to on twitter. Not hard to figure out.

I assumed real ID. If that’s not the case then it’s still a bit awkward for someone to do some deep detective work comparing how someone types on a forum and how someone types in a tweet. :grimacing:

Touch some grass my guy.

It’s really not difficult to see who complains on the forums and who tweets to warcraft devs on twitter about premades. No one does it so it’s not huge detective work lol

I still don’t think that gives you the right to just leak the dudes information like that just because you had a leg up on the matter with his btag information.

People can do a lot of nasty stuff with someone’s real life name, going as far as searching them on LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, etc.

3 Likes

Again, btag info does not give you any real life info. I have lots of people on btag and don’t know their names

1 Like

Btag information does not give any real life information, but someone’s Twitter that has their real life name on it and picture does

That’s what I’m assuming though. Does his Twitter have that stuff on it?

1 Like

He didn’t give me his twitter account. It’s not hard to come to the conclusion that someone who posts the same thing to warcraft devs as they do on the forums is the same person. He could have denied it and no one would even know. Anyway, what’s done is done. Been like 7 or 8 years and he’s still here posting the same stuff.

1 Like

^ That’s right I didn’t.

My btag is the same as my Twitter handle.

They knew my btag because we used to be bnet friends. So, they found my Twitter.

My Twitter had years worth of RL stuff. Photos from work/home/play. Comments with RL friends. RL friends with info on their Twitters.

It was for RL friends. Not random people from the forum.

1 Like