Premades are fine, this is an MMO

You completely missed my point. Big surprise. :laughing:

If it’s “Been addressed” (several times), then why hasn’t it gone away? Are you really going to try and tell people that, over the course of like 18 years, they couldn’t have patched this up if they wanted to?

You see… you’re confusing a few things here. You mention an addon, for example. You think that, maybe, they were more concerned about the addon and it’s functionality as opposed to the “Premade (and synced) problem?”

As per (full) premades in Ashran: doesn’t it still happen? The way people grouse and complain about it on the forums, it certainly seems like it still does!

Grouping up in an MMO is cheating? Playing with friends is cheating? Being social is cheating?

3 Likes

If botting/cheating has been addressed several times, then why hasn’t it gone away?

Yeah, Blizzard was concerned about its functionality for forming full premades in random bgs.

Cheating is a recurring problem.

Sync queuing is. And you stated “(and syncers)” multiple times in your earlier post.

1 Like

Botting isn’t remotely the same thing. That’s like comparing apples and oranges. :apple: :tangerine:

As per “/cheating,” that is too vague to be bothered with. It can mean a lot of things.

Edit: please finish writing your posts before posting next time. Constantly re-editing your post, adding more that wasn’t there, makes it harder for people to respond appropriately. Less “Knee-jerk,” more thinking.

3 Likes

“HEY STOP COMPLAINING!” “You know that you’re now effectively complaining… about complaining” “WHAT?! NO I AM NOT I A…” “and by replying to yet another premade thread you bump it back up to the top of the page and increase its visibility” “THAT IS NOT MY INTENTION AT ALL” “well, thanks then?” “NO I AM MAD AT YOU I AM NOT HELPING YOU, PLEASE LISTEN TO ME”

Yeah, cheating is difficult for some people to understand.

Is this cheating? Is this not cheating? Are we in Vegas?

It’s hard to know.

Does sync queuing premade raids into random bgs grant an unfair advantage? Let me know what you think.

7 Likes

Even if you let it die for 4 days or 15 days, the same poster bumps it back to the top. Already pointed this out twice in 1 day.

4 Likes

It’s funny that you perfectly describe queue sync premade leaders here unintentionally. Like, these people literally abuse the afk kick function to remove people that don’t bow down to their orders.

5 Likes

Yeah, there are a dozen or so people who seem to treat this forum as another BG instance and ride it 24/7 (and attack just about any topic/defend any topic no matter the merits). The downside is that it dissuades people from ever voicing an opinion and creates the illusion like there is a consistent and conclusive opinion on… anything. In reality though, this place is an extreme microcosm that largely doesn’t represent anything broadly, just a few specific things very frequently/fervently. I need to stop getting sucked in honestly; but it’s the poop times that get me.

Do they? All the time? Doesn’t the popularity of RSS kind of disprove this? Even then they are still playing with other players.

A single player experience has literally always existed in WoW. But just because you aren’t queuing a group doesn’t = single player experience. Mage tower is a single player experience. BGs aren’t even if you are queuing by yourself.

Cool then do that?

1 Like

Then do rated Bgs. Yeah thought so. You’d get dominated just like you dominate the under geared in your premade randoms. Wouldn’t want that to happen because it wouldn’t be fun right?

3 Likes

Some do both. It’s not a one or the other deal.

4 Likes

The word, “Cheating,” without a clear definition within a given context, tells us very little. It’s an empty variable, like X or Y.

Also, just so we’re clear, what you, personally, feel is cheating doesn’t matter. You don’t make the rules.

Too difficult for you to understand? Rocket science? :rocket:

Well, for everyone’s sake, let’s start by quoting the whole definition in the CoC:

Cheating

You are responsible for how you and your account are represented in the game world. Cheating in any fashion will result in immediate action. Using third-party programs to automate any facet of the game, exploiting bugs, or engaging in any activity that grants an unfair advantage is considered cheating.

Exploiting other players is an equally serious offense. Scamming, account sharing, win-trading, and anything else that may degrade the gaming experience for other players will receive harsh penalties.

The first thing of note is how incredibly vague this clause is. Outside of automation, exploiting bugs, and game hacking, what they consider to be “Cheating” is unclear.

This statement here, in particular, is quite open to interpretation: “Any activity that grants an unfair advantage…” By the very looseness of that definition, even gearing up could be considered as “Cheating.” Honestly, I suspect that what they mean by this statement is, “Any activity (implicit: that not all players can do) that grants an unfair advantage…” would be considered “Cheating.”

The reason premades and syncing remain (relatively) untouched is because, technically speaking, they’re not breaking any rules - as much as you may not like it. There is nothing stopping you from joining a Premade of your own; as such, it’s an “Advantage” you choose not to partake of. Secondly, I really do think that Blizzard is very reluctant to punish people for the mere fact of playing together and forming lively, active communities in an MMO.

I’ve heard that this has happened on occasion; however, I must reserve my judgement on the matter, seeing as there is a lot bias in these forums directed against such Premade leaders and their respective communities. I will need to take these characterizations with a grain of salt. As much as you may not like it, it is not against the rules to report people for AFKing, or even sabotaging a game, IIRC. Did they abuse the function? Hard to say… seeing as I wasn’t there.

At the end of the day, we’re not talking about the (purported) behaviour of Premade leaders and their communities. This is just an example of “What about-ism.”

3 Likes

I think there are issues that just need to be resolved. Full premades are problematic and need to be addressed. Circumventing the cap on how many can que together is an exploit. Epics are annoying, but when you see eight of ten players from the same realm in randoms it’s just as frustrating.

Blizzard’s lack of attention has just let the problem fester. It just encourages people to become part of the problem and defeats the purpose of having randoms to begin with.

1 Like

The solution is to make it all solo que rated and have 1 set of pvp gear.
Extra currency can be used to get pvp only chants, gems and maybe
really cool looking tmogs stuff. I dunno.

Ironic.

What is even your point? You come in talking about solo content and then scramble to “epic premades bad” anytime anyone says anything about group content.

2 Likes

They have actually admitted it on the forums here, but you’re free to believe whatever you have already decided to believe.

lol, justifying kicking people for not following their leaders orders is really pathetic. Again, leaders on these forums have admitted they kick people for doing anything they don’t like. Which is exactly the behavior you are trying to attribute to forum posters who can’t actually control gameplay.

It was actually just pointing out the irony in your statement. But call it whatever you want, I don’t think anybody actually cares.

3 Likes

Proof that anyone other than Ruin does this? No, because it doesn’t happen.

Did I name your garbage group anywhere in my post?

2 Likes

Reading comprehension! And to think you were on the community council :joy: what a joke

So that’s a no, right? I didn’t actually name any specific leaders or your garbage group, did I?

1 Like