Premade Queue Exploit

Yep. My interest now is WHY exactly they are upset about the issue in eBGs but not regular BGs.

They’re bringing premade raids into smaller random bgs too?

I guess nothing is safe from their exploiting/cheating.

You’re not supposed to have premade raids in any of the bgs and epic bgs.

Well people do and Blizzard doesn’t care, so the beatings will continue until morale improves.

2 Likes

Countering 5 is easier than counting 20, even if the regular BG is a higher percent of premade it’s still better. You have more opportunity as an individual to make a difference in regs. Regular BGs tend to have better players on your team. I can sometimes beat 5 man premades even in WSG but not 20, just a grease mark.

1 Like

Yeah, I agree, let’s remove the restriction and allow for 10-man, 15-man, and 40-man groups to queue into BGS. That way there isn’t any more forum posts about “premades”

Epic BGs have very little to do with skill, aside from maybe some smaller fights at off objectives.

1 Like

I still think you should be able to Q up with more than 5 for AV. that’s only 1/8 of your team size. I think it should at least be 1/4 or up to 1/3

Pretty much zero things in this game require any semblance of skill outside high end rated pvp or high end pve. The only thing funnier than these threads is the people who bring up rating etc.

What’s the difference between a fight between high rated players in an arena and a fight between the same high rated players on the boat in IOC provided all start with their cooldowns?

2 Likes

The larger the premade, the more required it’ll be to join one.

For example, if 15-man premades on voice chat dominate AV, it’ll become a de facto requirement to join one if you want to win.

Furthermore, premade raids in the current game don’t respect the 5-man restriction. They won’t respect a 15-man restriction either. It’ll just make it easier for them to sync queues. Only 2 groups to sync instead of 6.

2 Likes

Premades aren’t about skill. You can have a premade of poorly skilled players and they will still beat a PUG almost every time.
Premades are about coordination and composition. A premade will likely have a dedicated healer or two, compared with the PUG that may not have any.
A premade will have somebody calling out targets, causing them to die faster than the PUG can respond.
A premade will respond to incoming calls faster than a PUG will, since voice callouts are faster than text ones.
A premade is more likely to have more geared players, since they are running others through for honor. And what I mean by this is in a PUG a low geared player is just that, a low geared player. Whereas in a premade, that low geared player is accompanied by 4 (or more) fully geared players who are running them through easy wins for honor.

This is a problem across all brackets and battleground types even if they don’t sync queue, but especially if they do. A 5 player premade in a 10 player battleground is an almost guaranteed win for the premade. A 10 player premade in a 10 player battleground means the other team might as well stay dead because they will complete 0 objectives.

Battlegrounds are never going to be fair and honestly that’s part of their appeal, but a 5, 10, or 40 player premade should never go up against a PUG in randoms.
There are multiple solutions to this. Solo or duo ranked battleground queues. Cross faction battlegrounds. Fixing the matchmaking so groups are only put against other groups. Etc.

4 Likes

Pre-mades can contain the “damage” to the queue by ensuring they queue up properly. This reduces the amount of times they will cancel the queue and leave gaps. in EU at least 4 pre-made communities that I know of use “Battleground Commander”, idk if used here in the US, but makes queuing much smoother and less error-prone. The fewer pre-mades cancel, the healthier the queue.

1 Like

NO! You’re not a spirit goat anymore!

1 Like

Since the time I made this post I’ve faced three premades in epics… and I’ve been asleep for eight hours. It’s not ‘perceived’ when 30/40 Horde are all in the same guild, instantly target swap to the same player, run advanced strats, etc.

It’s not difficult to accurately observe, and understand the disruptive impact it has when you’ve done > 1,000 epics. However, if Blizzard wants to expand the system so that a raid can group queue then that’d be okay, so long as that raid is only being matched against another raid comparable in size.

It all comes down to the question: do players want an actual contest where both sides have fun, or a one-sided massacre at the expense of ~40 other people :woman_shrugging:t4:

3 Likes

Which guild was this?

Warsong Battalion

1 Like

I was never a spirit goat!

This isn’t an exploit, the game engine does not care how many people are in a group.

Really making yourself look foolish with that statement.

1 Like

The game doesn’t allow you to queue as a raid. It “cares” that premades up to 5 are allowed to queue up.

You’re circumventing restrictions to gain an unfair, competitive advantage. That’s exploiting/cheating, whatever term you want to call it.

Blizzard has stated multiple times why premade raids vs. pugs is bad for PvP.

3 Likes

It was funnier in this thread.

1 Like