Premade Queue Exploit

Ideally, groups of up to 20 wouldn’t face ANY OTHERs in PVP aside from other opposing groups. Right now, the system tries to put groups of up to 5 against eachother, but even then it doesn’t really work since the queue system can’t differentiate between Random BGs or Specific Q BGs. It just seems designed to expedite games, wins or lose, as fast as possible, without any real regard for how those games go.

So yes, I don’t really like running over people in 77k hp, or even 190k hp, or even 280k hp, if only for the sake that these are not the opponents I’m looking for, and I bet for they ain’t looking for me.

1 Like

well, I actually support the epic BG player communities. Its a niche area of the game that’s kind of cool. I don’t participate anymore and don’t plan to, but they should make it easier to Q up without having to Q sync

what I am against are the large scale premades where it is basically impossible for them to lose and creates really bad games where you can’t even get any good kills or casts in because the other team is just dead the whole time and has no chance. those are lame and sometimes thats just the way it is; nothing you can do about it, but we should be looking to eliminate as many variables as possible that lead to 1-sided blow out games

1 Like

This might be a good opportunity to promote the idea of dueling pens, which would be good for arena and settling these kinds of arguments. What if we had 2 people queue with you into an arena challenge? Not trying to start anything, just offering a possible solution to this with less RNG.

1 Like

Worst-case scenario: all this chatter over epics and we get a few new maps. Tol Borad, Darkshore (replace the NPCs with players), maybe something new.

2 Likes

If there was a place like this ingame with drop-in drop-out arena exhibition, it’d be rad. A brawler’s guild for aspiring or dedicated PVPers. What’s the harm, why isn’t it here already, I ask myself. Where are my roaring pits?

Tol Borad was neat. Warfronts with a PVP angle would be NEAT. I don’t see any problem with players doing pve mining crap in the mines if it helps the team etc. If anything, I like the aspect of the game where you CAN have non-combatants doing things that matter. It’s like logistics in foxhole, doing all the work behind the scenes. I guess that’s just healing as it is right now, but I like the aspect of large-scale PVP being more a “place” and less of an amusement park ride. PVP should be a place you go, not a bus you ride- if you want a metaphor.

5 Likes

Only the lore nuts see the negative.

4 Likes

there is no more lore, alliance and horde have been allied for expansions now. they’ve already ruined that aspect of the lore, because… well they employ fast food workers apparently.

To be fair we are closer now than ever before to see something separate the faction wars but bring players together.
If the takeaway is appealing enough I am sure folks will be happy to do whatever it takes.

2 Likes

there wont be anyone left besides the die hards to even care tbh, real id’s are bare, guilds are empty, and seeing more “not enough players” message than ever before.

in season one of an expansion. sure glad they focused on dragonriding though, good call.

That’s it Jimmy! wrap it up, its over pals. Nah!
Issues arise and then things can change, moving forward.

1 Like

Clearly there is lore since they won’t just ditch factions in randoms.

Uhhh where?

guess you havent been paying attention to the full diaper we’ve been given as a story line over the last 2 expansions.

in bgs, ive had multiple just today of either not queueing in or just no one queued in general. been a while since i seen that, im sure thats just a coincidence though.

Yea I queued lots of BGs today and all full teams. I queued epics though.

Yea I skip all scenes while leveling. I don’t play wow for those stories. But they haven’t ditched factions in BGs is my point so to them there is lore.

Yeah, it’s because of regular BGs, not epic BGs.

A serious question: How many epic BGs do you typically play every day, and how many of them are against perceived ‘premades’? Oh, and which faction are you playing?

yeah, and to them they’re doing a great job of balancing pvp too.

havent seen it in epics, only normals. 10v3 for minutes at a time, not normally like that. something is happening.

I’d rather it be an organic surprise. My druid’s name is Atrumn though. Just don’t come at me when I’m queued as boomy :melting_face:

Brawler’s guild should just be revamped to 1v1 arena with some cool xmog based on how many consecutive opponents you beat. They’d have to figure out a way to prevent people from rigging it though. I know they had the dueler’s guild in BfA, but that was a flop with crap rewards.

This is why I miss really long AVs, where “roguecraft” matters. I remember just spending an entire battle guarding one of the mines. A rogue would sneak in every so often, and you’d have a 1v1 that could literally change the outcome of the battle.

The faction war just needs to evolve into something greater, that still has some plausible lore explanation for why we’re still slaughtering each other. I thought what they did for wPvP in DF, using Malicia, worked well. Maybe N’Zoth?

2 Likes

It’s these moments to play for. Clawing, fighting for every reinforcemnt, desperately walking the path to victory your mind knows exists. Or sitting a tower in a typical zergsnooze, buying those precious seconds your team needs to make the difference at the boss. Guarding the solar sphere, holding Narduke’s hand, etc, all are worthy endeavors in these kinds of fights.

1 Like

Ideally, a premade party wouldn’t have a much larger impact on the game compared to pugs.

5 out of 40 in AV is better than 5 out of 10 in WSG.

But, since parties are up to 5, that’s just what Blizzard went with. WSG should probably have smaller 2 or 3-person premades.