Premade problem

They could fix the queues. I wonder why they don’t.

We wouldn’t care if they did because…

…PVE isn’t competitive.

“they should also ban solo Q’ers who just end up in the same bgs, too. no one should EVER play this game with familiar faces. every teammate and enemy should be as equally disposable as the rest of the experience, robble, robble…”

Unironically, some people would disagree. Aren’t there Mythic races? Key pushing? Or is that just not your cup of tea?

It’s not the “cup of tea” for anyone who isn’t featured on WoWhead, lol.

Outside of hall of fame, other players success in pve doesn’t negatively impact you. If a guild clears mythic before your guild, you don’t lose progress or get pushed back a boss. If a guildie clears higher keys than you that’s a positive for you because then he can carry the damage in your key and get you a score. And if you fail to time a dungeon you don’t lose IO so you never get further from your goal

Where it can be competitive is in regards to guild rosters and if you can’t keep up in dps getting benched for someone else who’s better, but the essence of pve is cooperation to beat a common enemy where everyone benefits from the cooperation. Pvp is literally take away other people’s progress to progress yourself

That’s how i view it anyway

(Also why i don’t pve because lol not going to be okay with someone else winning a drop over me for the sake of progressing the guild as a whole)

Tldr because i ramble a lot: if you win in pvp, someone else lost. If you win in pve, everyone’s a winner (minus hall of fame)

2 Likes

There can be only one.

1 Like

That’s the core of PVP.
In the PVE comparison, you’re right in that’s it’s really just for prestige, rights to brag, whatever.
But, to the core of PVP- what exactly am I depriving the enemy of; Conquest points. (there’s a point here I swear, I gotta fix this in an edit)

PVP is economized to the point where losing and winning should really only be about prestige, but instead it’s a Disney ride carousel for daily conquest. Honestly, it’s too good of a Golden Goose for average players to take seriously beyond having greedy sensations.

1 Like

Rating :joy: i guess that doesn’t apply to unrated pvp. I like unrated pvp for that reason alone, it’s nice just not having the stress of needing to win to prevent loss, or not having the fear that people you’re with will turn into hostile degenerates because they lost cr

I mean, in rated this is the whole point though? Win games, get rating, thump chest, prove it in battle, repeat, etc etc. I really wish there was rated content beyond 10v10, but maybe I’m asking too much of a small enough pool. (It’s already a small enough pool that you can see the same players playing at roughly their active hours.)

PVP is intensive, but it doesn’t need to be heart-attack inducingly quick or sweated. Another problem with pvp is that players never get a chance to learn; people can die within one offensive cd and NEVER figure out why or how. *and that’s just in the 1v1 if no defensives or heals, etc. involving that kind of combat at the scale we’re seeing is getting the results we’re getting.

ATM, solo and duo queueing without a healer is hard mode in random BGs and five manning premades is easy mode unless you happen to run across a similar premade.

It is extremely unfriendly to new or inexperienced players. I have pretty thick skin, but I do get tired of getting zerged down because the rest of my team is dead.

I’m there looking for challenging fights. Being in a five man premade would remove the challenge, but solo/duo queue often times makes the challenge unsurmountable. There are few matches in the happy middle ground where fun can actually be had. Those matches are the only reason I continue to queue, but some nights every single match is a stomp one way or the other.

This will eventually kill BG participation.

4 Likes

Lol people have been saying this since tbc. It won’t kill pvp participation. It never has. People will just join more communities and the playing field will even out once more.

1 Like

That’s why I like dk on blood anyway I don’t need to rely on a healer I can just do everything myself. I do giga damage on unholy but it flops without a healer courtesy of blizzard so I’ve just decided to play blood in randoms instead

Some nights I see the same people on my team and/or the enemy team four or five times in a single night. I don’t ever remember an expansion where this has happened so much.

5 Likes

That’s cause the game is pretty dead cause most people have given up on blizzard fixing problems that have plagued the game forever and they realize most are on setting 11 copium

1 Like

Yeah, unholy survivability without support is kind of bad at the moment. I don’t enjoy playing it.

They probably balance it for esports which is why all the classes the esports players play so happen to be absolutely broken season in and season out. I don’t think it’s a coincidence

1 Like

saying someone is bad and mad when they point out a valid problem is peek trolling XD but good try

Not when there isn’t a problem but carry on

Wow, youre kinda dumb aren’t ya

1 Like