Predicted Class Population

I’ve seen people mention that they are predicting historically less played classes to show up more often this time around. I was curious if anyone had any sources where people have taken polls of what classes people intend to play?

No poll will be remotely accurate. Anything regarding statistics with classic is purely speculative.

My intuition says itll be a mixture of vanilla mass appeal (rogues, warriors, hunters especially in NA), with present day minmaxing to a small degree

I kinda expect for there to still be an insane amount of physical classes, but maybe just 2/3 of what it was in vanilla – and the remainder are likely going to be players doing new things like druid offspecs, shadow priests, paladin offspecs, shaman offspecs, etc

Someone did this earlier on the forums. The sample size was at least 500-1000 if I remember. Surprisingly, the classes, specs, pve vs PvP was quite balanced. Fear not! Obviously a small sample size, but the best we have. A forum search should pull it up.

I say horde will be 50% undead rogue and alliance mostly human Paladin/mage.

Paladins will not be a very played class. Though the server we will be rolling on will be filled with a LEGION of Paladins. It’s going to be interesting to find out just how many Paladins we get on our server. There is going to be a lot!

For those who would like to play a Paladin in a Paladin Guild, feel free to drop a comment in my thread.

If you wish to only have a Paladin as an alt in our guild that is acceptable, we will help you level and obtain at a minimum the Dungeon Set and pre raid bis.

THE PALADIN Guild - Welcome

I really want to know if hunter is going to be overpopulated. Anyone here planning to roll one? Speculation on if it’ll be huntards everywhere?

That’s like asking if the sky is blue? It’s almost guarenteed

1 Like

This is pure speculation from my experience back in 2005, but I think:

• Hunters will be played the most
  • Druids will be second highest
  • Rogues and Warriors somewhere between this list
  • Paladins/Shamans either a little bit above or below Rogue/Warrior
  • Mages somewhere here or above Paladin/Shamans
  • Priests and Locks are here. Perhaps leaning towards more Locks.

I could totally be wrong. I’m very confident Hunters and Druids will be the top, and everyone else in between. It may come down to factions as well. I personally feel Rogues may have fewer players than before too due to people understanding where other classes/specs will be come level 60.

Wasn’t Druid the least played class?

1 Like

But hunters are crap and no one should play one except me. Seriously I thought with how hunters kind of drop off after bwl and everyone knowing that now perhaps there would be less of them?

Back in the day? In my experience there were a lot of Druid healers in my guild. However, a lot of people were turned off by Druids due to how complex they were—having to contribute 110% of their efforts to keep up with main class roles.

I think now it will be the opposite, the challenge of it and how they can be so self sufficient attracting players, especially in PvP.

1 Like

The vast majority of players aren’t going to do aq40 or naxx progression, so that doesn’t matter.

Hunters are cool. People like being cool. There will be lots of cool hunters. And many many more hunters who think they are cool but are anything but cool

I was all but set on going hunter just because I felt like it was the most all around fun class I had played. Rogue was great too but I much preferred ranged dps in raids. Priest is another one I’ve considered but I fear losing all my neat-oh gold farming methods with the other 2 classes. But mind controlling nubs into the lava was epic…

1 Like

There was a post on the Classicwow subreddit that had a poll that 22k people took.

If you want to go off that in any way the most played classes are going to be Warrior (17%) Mage (13.8%) Priest (12.9%) Lock (12%) and Rogue (11.4%).

It is just a random poll that someone posted so take it with a grain of salt, but looks like it could be pretty accurate.

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/a43hch/survey_results_subreddit_update/

If I had to predict, I would say the overall 100% of all player on all servers will look like this:

Most popular to least popular:
Warrior
Mage
Rogue
Hunter
Warlock
Priest
Shaman
Paladin
Druid

We will see once the stats come out!

You’re going to see a lot of warriors die off during the climb to 60, and shortly after the general launch population reaches 60, as people come to terms with the fact that they require a significant gear investment to live up to the hype, as well when they realize the class is more dependent on support than any other class in a PvP environment.

They’re wrecking balls under very specific circumstances, and rolling solo at 60 in blues is the antithesis of those circumstances. Warriors are probably the worst class in that specific setting, and that’s going to be the default experience for a lot of people.

1 Like

You can still do it with a Rogue/Hunter, but it takes more set up!

Simply get engineering, equip mind control cap, have your party’s warlock summon you, mind control a player (if they mind control you it’s a wash), make sure you can walk (not jump off a cliff) into the Lava, swim as far as you can and accept the summon last tick or two. Enjoy!

Unless Blizzard fixes the “bug” too (not sure if it was considered a bug or not), you can also use /me to talk to the person you’re mind controlling, they can see what you say. You can leave them a petty message while they swim with you to their demise.

1 Like

Warriors werent popular in the past and will now be due to people realizing their true powert!

If private server data is any indication, your list is way off (i.e. Warrior, Rogue, Mage are all highly played. Druid being the least played).

But there are many retail players coming into the game that never played vanilla or pservers so I do expect druids to be played more than they were on pservers or in the original vanilla.