Preach's latest video

Yeah, I didn’t see anything until AFTER Blizzard announced the idea.

1 Like

If that’s the truth, why don’t you just link those threads here?

I know of one post on the topic of guilds. Please link the ones you’re talking about.

Or you can’t trade an OH because you use a two hander.

While there are lots of posts on “remove master loot” (https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/search?q=“remove+master+loot”&forum=984270)

I have seen virtually nothing on destroying the guild system. Linking the two (if the second actually exists) seems like something I’d have to get the tinfoil out for…

4 Likes

Here’s some light reading on the topic.

Might be more of an EU thing and his comments section. Ignoring the comment on the guild, I think his other thoughts are fairly on the nose.

Oh hey! I’m in that thread!

2 Likes

They say that the truth hurts, and I can’t disagree. Facing the truth no matter what the situation is, good or bad, hurts - but it hurts for a reason. It’s to make us aware that it’s real and that it affects us. Master Loot, outside of ninja looting, never really deeply hurt anyone. Yet it was removed for the sake of cutting out some negative social interactions. Well guess what - not having that social interaction happen at all is even more detrimental to the game and the people. I’d rather have the chance of something bad happening, and putting my trust in my fellow players, than to have a closed off, cold, gaming experience.

If it were my decision I’d bring back Master Loot for the length of a patch. Just to test the waters. If it goes to hell, which I doubt, then undo the change. But the absence of Master Loot hurts. And people will nay say but they’re usually the ones that aren’t even affected by Master Loot and want to complain for the sake of complaining. This mindset hurts the game and their gaming family.

3 Likes

Yeah there were occasionally cesspool guilds. But serious raiding guilds pretty much never had this. Because if they did most of the guild would quit on the spot.

In fact a sure fire way to kill a successful guild overnight was to start abusing ML.

5 Likes

IDK… here’s a link to an EU forum search for “guild” - I didn’t see anything related to removing guilds from the last week. Sounds like some made up BS to me…

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/search?q=guild%20category%3A235%20order%3Alatest

Not knocking the streamer, just sounds like crazy-making to me.

1 Like

Check through the thread I linked above.

The sentiment is definitely there.

That was a good video. Thank you for directing me to it.

4 Likes

My goal for Battle of Azeroth is just to reach level cap.

3 Likes

It’s simply not.

Exceptionally few people desire guilds to be done away with. Many people desire guilds to be defocused. The difference is massive. Communities were a great step toward that goal, where you can join multiple different groups of people for different content types.

Excluding the loot discussion, because while I agree that removing master looter was a mistake, I can’t substantiate the claim that people are asking guilds as a whole to be removed; the rest of the video is spot on.

This expansion wasn’t well thought out. Resources seem to all have gone into island expeditions, and even mythic raiding was a joke with Vectis adds or whatever being numerically impossible to kill in time and developers just telling world first racers “hey have you tried hitting it harder?”, And MOTHER being an outright meme. Raid balance hasn’t been that bad since the cataclysm 10v25 debacle.

Professions and crafting look like an afterthought, Expulsom, sanguicell and hydrocore are all more tedious to get than the rewards for obtaining them grant, as once you have enough to craft a piece, chances are you already have an equal or better item in the slot.

idk man. It’s really hard to watch this video and say anything he said outside of the guild thing is wrong. Takes a lot of stretching, and I’m honestly not that flexible.

I haven’t heard or seen any of that, personally.

However I do think removing ML is a mistake. A fix for a problem that didn’t really exist.

Non-guild majority groups already had forced PL (pugs).

I’m sorry but if you are in a guild that constantly ninja’s items and you choose to stay there …that’s kind of on you.

My experience with ML/loot council has always been …new members get pretty decked out early (since a lot come in on farm raids/bosses). Then during progression…with some exceptions for tanks…loot council typically just turns into round-robin where initial order is dictated by attendance/performance.

Any guild with rampant abuse of boss rewards never lasts for long.

Maybe stop trying to join “new guild x y z” and stick to guilds that have been around for a while.

4 Likes

Youtubers, aka, kings and queens of click bait. No thanks. As per master looter being ruined, thank the community of their greed and hubris for it’s removal. 13 years of master looter and deafened cries of those who were wronged and lied to. Blizzard acted for what was best for the community and now we reap what we sow.

5 Likes

My guild is far from dead. We have 15-20 people on at all times of the day, a heroic raid team, a mythic raid team, a PvP group and runs every week just to help people gear.

I’ve tried rerolling on new servers and always come back because this game blows without a solid guild.

5 Likes

Preach just eviscerated the Dev team. This expansion is FUBAR’d.

8 Likes