Preach doesnt speak for the community, elitist out of touch with playerbase

I do love how people are running with This isn’t overwatch the same way people ran with meaningful choice.

Ion is a goldmind of buzz phrases.

LFG has the thread of having bad groups, If you haven’t run into this I’m starting to doubt you’ve even used the tool.

Says who? When i pug a key i don’t want to be social, I want to do the content and get loot. Are you sure you’re not just speaking for everyone here?

Not sure how pre-LFG days was anything different. It took way longer and ruined trade chat.

/2 Deadalious: ROGUE LF UBRS
/2 Pelial: WARLOCK LF UBRS

1 Like

says me? That is my two cents. By adding more risk to pugs people will still use group finder for speed in making groups, but with chances of you not getting good ones much higher. It is called balance.

Until it happens, I doubt the community will ever get better. But hey just my two cents.

Since Ralphe likes the rpg element so much they should give people like him the ultimate rpg meaningful choice.

Character dies you have to make a new one

1 Like

I happen to agree with a lot of what he said actually.

I’ve seen his armory for the priest and as much as he considers me a tryhard for wanting to be optimal he is actually more of a tryhard/elitist then I am

1 Like

I agree nerf Ralphe :crazy_face:

The choice is either have a safe design around more balanced abilities so you can balance better around high end or go full on RPG fun and make each thing unique and different and dont give a damn about high end.

Ion said to preach that high end balance isnt their priority, let me pull up the quote:
In addition Blizzard has said “the higher up you go the more that bothers you, we understand that feedback, it isnt a surprise to us but across the totality of the game and the broader audience "

In other words, they care about the entire game rather than the whims of some tryhards, they clearly say they UNDERSTAND the feedback, they CHOOSE TO IGNORE IT because their goal is to make a game for the broader audience

Not much of an issue for me, I abandon my previous main when I choose a new one, I havent even done a 15 on my spriest last week because I am maining boomie now uwu

If they were, I’d have a list of stuff they can do that wouldn’t really need to even get into the discussion about free swapping builds or not like:

• Bring back both ranged and melee slots.
  • Bring back ammo for ranged weapons. Do something more interesting than just make them static DPS buffs.
  • Bring back more highly niche or flavour abilities like Divine Intervention and Sentry Totem. Make classes/specs feel unique and not just a vehicle for raid/dungeon performance.
  • Stop giving us boatloads of borrowed power each expansion. These progression systems should be on our characters.
  • Make leveling more engaging by having mobs actually resemble a threat. It doesn’t need to be the most challenging thing in the world, but it should be more than “Are you hitting buttons? Congrats, you almost can’t die”.
  • Make professions significantly more relevant again. Bring back the perks.

I could come up with more, but I think people get the idea here.

2 Likes

No one wants to play an unbalanced trash heap. Not even average people.

1 Like

So you’re one of those elitist tryhards you complain about I take it then

Says you but like Ion said “the higher up you go the more that bothers you

Which means balance is good enough for many not up to that high end level, of course wannabe elitists and tryhards who are nowhere near 3k in pvp or world first will pretend as if the world is collapsing because the elite world first raid used 10 X class and pretend they cant do raids without copying them, but based on recent comments it is pretty clear Ion doesnt mind if these people ragequit.

The game is for the broader community, shadowlands will be a success because it will attract more casual people that will stay after the first month for the rpg experience like torghast and covenants, tryhards are free to leave, I ll be farming pop corn so I can read their ragequit tears a few weeks after launch once balance changes happens and their meta “”“choice”"" gets nerfed xD

When a mythic raid drops at the start of the patch they are designed specifically for the tryhards as you call them to down them with the best classes in the game. This whole rpg element stuff is so hilarious. In classic, the most RPG version of this game, it was very simple for the tryhards to make their character ready to compete in high level in raids. The RPG part of the game was the quests and professions not the inability to spec your character.

I love how these threads end up a bunch of people Ralphe has blocked discussing his dribble in replies.

Yeah that is why we always see world first literally roflstomp through most bosses week one only leaving the last or last 2 bosses for the next 1-2 weeks.

World first use the most optimal of optimal mathematically builds for each boss and destroy bosses week 1.

If that isnt enough for you to realize the game isnt balanced around them I have no idea what will, because if the game was balanced around them they wouldnt roflstomp bosses week one nor would 90% of the community be able to beat content.

Game isnt for tryhards, accept it, Ion said so “the higher up you go the more that bothers you, we understand that feedback, it isnt a surprise to us but across the totality of the game and the broader audience "

In other words, they care about the entire game rather than the whims of some tryhards, they clearly say they UNDERSTAND the feedback, they CHOOSE TO IGNORE IT because their goal is to make a game for the broader audience

A broader audience in Ralphes mind is strictly casual players who don’t do m+ or raid, or do pvp.

Which is ironic seeing how he does all that stuff.

Well you know his motto " It’s better to buy to be better then to try to be better"

In all honesty, believe it or not I actually agree with the OP about a lot of these streamers, they think they are somehow special and important, it’s so so stupid how so many women I drooling over the Asmondgold muppet, let’s be honest you might think he’s hot but if you play a vulpera in his book you are a complete weirdo, I don’t get why all the chicks drooling over him, it’s shameful.

Of course this is not jealousy or the politics of envy or anything like that, just saying…

Asmongold wasn’t on the podcast, anyone in this thread managed to watch the two hour video they’ve have a clue of what they were discussing.

Streamers only have these opinions because they engage in high end content

They’ve usually played the game for a long time and with that time comes knowledge

With knowledge comes foresight

This is how people can say things like “removing pvp vendors is a horrible idea” then having to wait 2 xpacs for it be added back to the game
It’s also how people could say Azerite will suck, which they said and which it did and took 3 patches to make it not suck

And buy carries

He’s also played the game for a year and only came back when he could boost characters to max level

So before he could pay to get the game played for him he thought it sucked