Preach doesnt speak for the community, elitist out of touch with playerbase

Right, I agree.

BUT, the only way it will hold any toughness is if gearing is restricted. People don’t like that. If we restrict gear from casuals, then people get upset. Gear trivializes the world content FAST. So you can’t really have both of those things, ya know?

Do you even know what a casual is?

I’m actually struggling to think of a single piece of content outside of an instance that is “difficult”.

World content is literally World Quests.

Literally you.

I feel like casual can mean a lot of things. Does casual denote playtime or the difficulty of content that person does?

And maybe, but with scaling and a proper trade skill system that can reward player for focus grinding, and content that is like towers that gets tougher as you go. I think that is key to get casual and hardcore players to line up.

Also toss in a leaderboard like d3 has for group setups.

Truth be told, gear is not really a issue. We toss out gear all the time, Balance a reason to get said gear, to feel rewarding at a decent pace, while giving players a reason who might not want to do group content to get better gear. That is the hallmark of what Wow needs.

It changes definition based on what specific insult you’re trying to throw at someone.

2 Likes

It would also help a lot if Blizzard didn’t amp up stats to an insane degree from start to end of any given expansion.

Progression is expected, but how quickly our stats ramp up is just ridiculous right now.

MM have been complaining about needing to be fixed since Legion Alpha .

We got we’ll fix more specs after launch then later we get not this expansion . Next expansion comes and a lot of the same issues are still there. So don’t say people aren’t communicating with them .

A casual is someone who does not spend as much time in the game. That is it, be it real life or whatever else.

Hardcore person spends way more time, and that is why a skill gap happens, but that skill gap does not stay the same. The casual person will get the skill to catch up to hardcore player, just at a slower rate.

The wow community is the one that made a war with casual vs hardcore because of the nature of the community competing with each other, through guilds in the past, now with pug settings. A noob, and newbie is not the same as a causal…and the terms have blur over the years.

Maybe we use some kind of content increases with difficulty as your group does better and better.

Then we give them a rating, i don’t know like a mythicraider score, we could make a website like mythic. io or something so people can see a leaderboard?

I think you’re on to something here.

I can tell you right now Mythic raiders don’t give a single ill thought about casuals. You guys buy our BoEs, m+ boosts and raiding boosts.

Why would we? I support newbies, casuals, I love to see them around. As long we are clear there is such a thing as casual hardcore. We raided the entire expansion as 2 nights (7 hours a week). I don’t want to do any content outside of raiding. I consider myself casual hardcore.

The only person who things there is a war of casuals vs hardcore is you.

They make the world feel lived in.

Just because i think your takes are terrible doesn’t mean I hate you.

2 Likes

Good dungeons and raids ? Only real good raid was BoD the dungeons were sub par to dungeons of the past . This was truly a casual expac and as a casual I found it lacking.

1 Like

Why do you twist everything like this? What is your problem really? Having a scoreboard in a tower system that you can solo in is not the same as this. You understand that.

My stance on group finder and pugging still stands that it hurts guilds. Having a leaderboard just for SHOW it the endless mode that is going to be optional for cosmetics is not the same.

Why would it hurt guilds? removing group finder hurts casuals much more than it hurts guilds.

When i started my guild in Uldir the only reason we could get numbers to mythic raid was through LFG and I managed to recruit players i got in from there. I think you’ll find many guilds fill mythic rosters with people in LFG.

My point exactly, they no longer care about high end balance to make things similar and safe, they are going full creative and making many fun different abilities that will be broken but like Ion said, high end isnt their priority so they dont care.

They are finally focusing on the RPG part of WoW instead of caring about the whiny tryhards that will ALWAYS whine because perfect balance is impossible in an rpg, this aint overwatch.

I would argue a person who played 40 hrs a week only to grind pet battles and do professions would be a worse player than someone who engages in raiding and mythic keys for 15 hours a week. Not saying that style of play is wrong, but in a pure skill sense they would most likely be worse.

I think the hardcore people in your mind like preach don’t even enter the pug setting at all.

I never said to remove it.

My stance is that pugging is too good, and it made it harder for people to build guilds, and made the community less social.

So my stance is that, making armory only work for guildmates and you can’t link achievements and breaking addons like raider io with such change, would add more risk in building pug groups, since you can’t look at achievements, and item level is not good enough to tell if someone is decent. That would mean that doing pug groups has a high risk, and when you find decent players it would encourage you to friend them more and be more social.

But that is a whole new topic.

I mean sure it also depends on the content that person does, but you know that person who does pet battles a ton, is pretty hardcore compare to the hardcore raider who gets into pet battles. They are a casual when it comes to it. It works both ways. It is just time invested thing.

We don’t, they don’t.

You’re upset people are able to see the content without finding a guild in order to complete it? With this kind of mindset we should remove LFR right ? They get to see the content without the guild and therefore would indirectly harm Guilds.

I’ve done LFR and it was terrible and had 0 talking outside of insults being thrown around.

2 Likes

No but its foolish to make things harder on themselves when they know they will eventually have to try to balance it. I doubt they are actually focusing on the RPG part of WoW, rather they needed a flagstone for the expansions similar to “player housing” with garrisons was for WoD.

? no because LFR has risk to it. A reason why people don’t like LFR. Because you end up with bad groups.

And yes LFR is pretty bad, but LFR is a progressive path that players do that don’t want to be social. When people are doing keys normal raids and such through group finder. They should want to be more social, and build up a guild. The fact that group finder and the tools we have makes building these pugs have a higher chance of success, it makes players not need to be social.

LFR has its place, Group Finder has its place also. I just think Group Finder needs a nerf.