Preach doesnt speak for the community, elitist out of touch with playerbase

typo, SL is still in Beta.

Yep you found it well done.

Generally most people gravitate towards cookie cutter builds because they’re usually just the most effective, being effective makes you feel powerful, feeling powerful feels fun

Raids are a different beast because you don’t want to fail too much or the guild can collapse, so most people tend to go pretty hard

I’ve always seen raids as the apex of pve content where you want to put everything you’ve learned playing into practice and do your best

Unpopular opinion, But I am with preach for what he said about LFR :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Also, dude in the top left needs to button up his shirt. Being a neckbeard and exposing us all to his hairy chest is not something any of us want to see.

Speak for yourself

Because by swapping they dont mean simply swapping, they mean swapping for every boss and every m+

There is no character building when you change to most optimal set up for a boss, there is no choice, there’s a mathematical best choice ALWAYS in rpgs and by changing to those mathematical best builds for each boss you do 0 character building, you are copying.

Character building means having STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES, you dont get to change your strenghts to fit content.

Except this ISN’T an RPG. It’s an MMO. So what if people want to switch out talents in a fight? I do it. It’s me doing my best for my guild and the content I’m doing.

Again, it’s just a case of “I’m not an elite player and I don’t want anyone else to be cause (I guess) it makes me feel bad about myself.”

And who are YOU to determine how I want to build MY character. Nothing they put in the game is going to stop you yet you want to advocate and defend systems that prevent ME from being my best in the game and how I choose to play it? Seriously? You’re entitlement is astounding.

Dude … just stop. It’s beyond sad this silent rage you have to deal with your own insecurities about you as a (paying for carries) player.

1 Like

Good thing Ion is the lead dev then and not you because he focuses in RPG part thankfully.

This is a result of Esports culture really, and I don’t think they intend their opinion to speak for the rest of the playerbase, though I get how it would seem this way.

At the end of the day I just like to reach keystone master at the end of the season.

Wanting to become stronger is now “unintended” according to Ralph.

The only people willing to swap that often are the people who are going to have multiples of every class. So this will have zero impact on them and will only serve to make things worse for the rest of the player base.

Ralph is an excellent example of shooting yourself in the foot just in case it might inconvenience the people you hate.

1 Like

Dude … go play FF7 on your playstation. WoW is the WRONG game for you.

How does Ion focus on the RPG? Granted I’ll admit freely Ion has already done scads to cater to players like you. It’s why we have an entire expansion of welfare handout gear with inflated ilvl’s belated people’s actual skill making for oh so great times in pug runs.

Even Ion has seen the error of his ways getting rid of warforging/titanforging so a dude doing lfr doesn’t end up with inflated gear.

Wanting to become stronger is now “unintended” according to Ralph.
For all the bile thrown at the devs for wanting us to play THEIR way, along comes Ralphe telling you “no, you should be playing the game MY WAY! This is an RPG! Progress should be fixed and linear and I should equal to all of you for doing 80% less content.”

Insert eyeroll here.

But sure … Ion’s all for the RPG. You’re right. Elitists bad. Go make another thread about it. The 7 you have need the support.

It’s a MMORPG.

Personally I find that being able to switch your build around from fight to fight undermines the entire point of having the build in the first place. At that point, why not just drop the pretense and give everybody all the tools they need?

Choices should be about having trade-offs, which doesn’t happen when the player can swap everything around between each pull.

It would be like including a vendor that sells full mythic raid gear for 1g per piece. That too would be optional and people could not buy the items if they didn’t want them, but having it completely undermines the entire point of gear and the progression it provides. It’s not a healthy thing for the game to have.

While I think the 1 week cooldown on conduits is entirely too long, it’s not going to stop people from making the character builds they want. They’ll just actually have to make some choices now.

1 Like

And so what if they want to make those choices. How does anyone swapping out to do their best affect you??

I’m waiting for some logical answer to this … I’ll keep waiting.

You don’t want to swap then don’t. For others it’s a big drawback to the new system, casual player or otherwise.

1 Like

My argument isn’t that it affects me. My argument is that it’s not healthy for the game as a whole to have systems that undermine the entire point of themselves.

Otherwise let’s add that mythic raid gear vendor to the game. It wont affect you and you can not buy those items if you don’t like it.

Sure. I believe you.

Except with your example you’re talking about effort=reward. I understand that the concept is foreign to casual players like OP. We’re getting ready to say goodbye to an expansion that let casual players boast over-inflated ilvl’s and gear being given to people just for showing up (and afking).

Swapping out covenants doesn’t undermine anything. It allows people to excel at the content they want to do rather than having to make a choice that pigeon holes them into only doing well in ONE type of content.

Not everyone logs on to do some questing and the weekly M0 dungeon run. Some of us like more from our MMO … sorry, our RPG (eyeroll).

The problem goes squarely back on Bliz. If they were able to create a BALANCED system then you could have people choose one covenant, be forced to stick with it, and go on their way. The covenants being imbalanced is hardly Ion’s attempt to say “you will play our way you filthy elitists.” It’s just another example of the dev teams inability to effectively implement their borrowed power system.

Aka ‘we don’t like choices’

Thankfully ion understands rpgs need choices

1 Like

I won’t be shocked if they decide to give us sub classes next expansion covens i think is a experiment imho.