Preach doesnt speak for the community, elitist out of touch with playerbase

wonder who should have more sway over the community. the people that actually play the game for 20+ hours a week or the people that play for 4 and spend half that time on the forums :thinking:

1 Like

Or the people/guilds going for Cutting Edge and the people running big keys or the person who plays for the “RPG” experience.

Filthy, dirty elitists!

Dig out the Playstations. FF7 is waiting for you.

1 Like

You barely even have choices in your current talent trees

Why not advocate to change that?

1 Like

I’m more curious as to how someone who’s paid for clears (ie: benefiting from those filthy elitists who min/max and what not) has the audacity to then rage against them?

Also buying the BoE from the auction house that those players got while they were doing that high end content that leads them to identify problems with the proposed systems.

Nothing like biting the hand that feeds you. Oh, the hypocrisy …

1 Like

I want to know how many dollars he’s dropped into WoW tokens

Swapping out covenants/conduits freely undermines the entire point of choosing them in the first place, since there is no longer a trade-off when you can just swap around every 5 minutes.

You’ll be able to excel at content even without the optimal covenant. For half this game’s lifespan you weren’t able to switch your build around between pulls and we got by just fine.

and it’s not like we can all switch our classes around. I don’t see everybody running around as only the best DPS, tank, or healer builds for any given content.

I’ll say that 1 week on conduits is too long. It should closer to 1 day, but if it’s going to be 100% free swapping they might as well just not even bother.

I actually found the post and insults amusing, the word “tryhard” was used five times, if anything I thought this post was just a big joke and I laughed hahahaha

But to be honest, I don’t care about this game this much anymore.

Except it isn’t “1%” damage. There is a vast disparity (depending on class) even in the covenant signature abilities when it comes to quality of life.

I hate that I am forced to essentially choose between that and aesthetics.

But we all know that it’s going to get nerfed if one is too OP

OP is toxic. Not shocking since he has strong cultural Marxist & post modernist trashtivist leanings.

Oh you mean from a story perspective. Sorry if I missed that in your previous post. I do agree with you: seems to make covenants less impacting than they likely were intended to be.

That being said, they’re terribly unbalanced. They should have had the foresight to see the outrage it would cause and, as per usual, they had to change and allow swapping to meet the needs of all players.

Those that want the RPG experience can align with one and never switch (personal choice). Those that min/max will be able to switch with a time limit.

If they can’t create a balanced system then I support the players who want to switch to ensure they’re able to effectively and competently complete the content they want to complete.

Again, this is on Bliz, not the filthy elitist tryhards blah blah blah.

1 Like

I’m talking about it from a gameplay mechanic standpoint.

They might be unbalanced but that’s an argument for Blizzard to change their approach to balance rather than to just let us ignore the problem by swapping around.

There’s a lot of bad ideas we could implement into this game under the guise of “It’s optional and you can feel free to not use it”. There’s gotta be more to the argument if people want to convince those against it that it’s actually good idea to have freely swappable covenants/conduits.

Also I’ve not said anything about elitist tryhards. I’m not the OP. I don’t really care what he wants to rant about. He’s more toxic than the “tryhards” he hates on.

Tbh I find him too funny to take him seriously I can’t stop laughing at his rant. Classic

1 Like

Except there is literally no downside to freely switching covenants. I’ve not heard one logic argument. The only thing you and people like you do is blindly parrot Blizzard like good little sheep.

1 Like

Well it depends on perspective: If you’re someone who doesn’t mind switching out as needed for whatever content you want to do, then from a gameplay mechanic perspective there’s no issue for that player or any other player.

If you feel you HAVE to switch out, then it’s a gameplay issue.

I’m speaking as a former arcane mage you felt he “had to” go fire. If I’m going to be “forced” to switch out covenants I’m likely not going to do it this time around and I’ll suffer whatever consequences come my way. I’m also not entirely sure I’m going to default to the “bis” covenant if aesthetically I don’t like it (like arcane mage and Necrolords). Again, I’ll take my lumps.

The caveat to that is, if you’re someone who WANTS to do all that, I’m not going to advocate that you don’t get the ability to do it if it’s what will make YOUR time spent in-game better. I’ll make my choices, others can make theirs, and it won’t impact me one way or another.

if blizz can’t balance regular talents and abilities what makes you think covenants/conduits will be different? It just creates another layer of do you have whats best for the content your doing. problems that casuals face right now WILL NOT be rectified it will only make their time finding groups worse.

No, they never said that, they said meaningful choice. A choice can be both fun and meaningful. Current covenants are not.

1 Like

I took a look at the soulbind calculator finally. They’re even worse than the Covenants themselves.

Case in point: I’d like to think there’s a chance I could go back to arcane in SL. The “word on the street” is I’d have to go Necrolord. I’m initially opposed to it as I don’t like the aesthetic. Kyrian has a much more multi-functional active. Then I went to look at the soulbinds for Necrolord … they’re awful for mages. The Kyrian soulbinds (the 2 non-healing ones) look much better.

7 that’s all I was figuring he’s done 7 dozen on the topic

Random number chosen. Haven’t actually counted the number of posts he’s done on this topic.

FYI: more than 1 is too many.