Preach doesnt speak for the community, elitist out of touch with playerbase

Well said!

The problem here is Acti-Blizzard up to this point has catered to the streamers (usually top-ends) because they’ve been afraid the game standing on it’s own merit.

I’ve not exactly liked Ion, but it is good what he said to Preach.

The tryhards do need to case of, ‘Sit the hell back dit, ya git’ and realize the game does not revolve exclusively around them.

Kinda the reason I’ve really starting taking issue with a lot of streamers as of late. They start getting this case of entitlement because if they can’t wow their viewers with their ‘superomgl33thaxxorz’ skills, they might lose their donations and have to get a job.

3 Likes

I wonder if Ralph actual believes the nonsense he posts on the forums…

Pretty much this.

I was also pretty happy when Ion answered Preach’s question to his face, the issue sadly is that Preach didnt seem to like the answers so instead he is trying to manipulate the community in order to push a false narrative to influence the devs.

He was literally saying how he couldnt have epeen contests in warcraft logs with another DK and Ion reminded him this isnt overwatch and that non skill factors will ALWAYS affect your performance and instead of accepting that and moving on, he keeps asking why when Ion has answered his question directly.

I wouldnt post something I wouldnt believe in, I simply post in a great way xd

1 Like

Sounds to me like Preach should quit WoW and stream FPS games if that’s his attitude. You can do amazing one fight, and not so amazing the next because of what a class is good at, certain mechanics, etc.

If you’re raid group/guild has half a brain, they will understand this. This guy sounds like someone I would never want to raid with because he comes off as the ‘YOU BETTER PARSE 99% ON EVERY FIGHT OR YOU’RE KICKED FOR MAKING ME LOOK BAD!’

3 Likes

The only “whinging” I see here is yours.

Also, does it make you feel better about yourself to call other people derogatory names?

Do yourself a favor and stop watching streamers when you don’t agree with their narrative.

You just get enjoyment from some people being unhappy with a game decision. For some reason you enjoy sitting back and saying “neener neener I agree with Blizzard and there’s NOTHING you can do LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL”

That’s the bottom line.

2 Likes

I don’t care what Blizzard wants. Most people don’t care what Blizzard wants.

2 Likes

You’re being a little dense thinking that there is only one community, different people inside the same community can have diverging opinions. Just looking at the comment section of the video and just on these forums, I’d say that many players of this community share his concerns. Are they not part of the community now?

Funny how some people seem to have separated blizzard from the game itself as if the game is some separate entity and what blizzard wants doesnt control the game.

If you are against blizzard’s direction then clearly the game aint for you.

1 Like

I mean… all this really tells me is that you’ve never really watched preach and you don’t know any of his positions on such topics. It’s fine, but just know you’re quite ignorant of the man.

In which case, the best way to get the game to BE for you again is to try and get changes implemented. Thus, the forums and the feedback.

So… /thread?

“Blizzard’s direction” isn’t an unmovable object; it is direct-able and coercable. There’s no reason to say “oh well, game’s not for me anymore, time to move on”; if we want the game to be what we want it is in our interest to attempt to change it.

1 Like

It is because they are sellouts.

They defend Blizzard and take a stance, but once they started losing followers. They had to do things to get more people to watching again.

I mean the way he acted because asmongold watch his videos, and afterwards cried about that sort of community bleeding over to his, I bet he regrets doing that now.

They are tools.

1 Like

Not defending Ion but, the mere fact he contradicted Preach who said he was “speaking for the players” when Ion said something more along the lines of what the players wanted was eye opening. Ya Ion may not ‘get it’ all the time, but I don’t think it’s healthy for the top of the top of the raiding community to think they know better than the rest of the folks who play the game. I don’t think they learn every lesson…but do they do learn.

1 Like

Not when there’s fundamental philosophical differences in what you want vs the goals of the devs.

Like i said if the devs decided to remove dps meters from the game I would understand but leave the game as DPS meters are a huge part of why I play the game, therefore the direction the game is taking wouldnt include me therefore my only choice would be to leave.

Like think for a moment, if i kept playing I no longer enjoy because of the lack of DPS meters and instead repeatedly whine at the forums what do you expect to happen? Outside of me wasting my time and not having fun because I couldnt enjoy the game.

We arent talking about a minor change, we are talking about fundamental aspects of WoW, if the devs believe dps meters cause harm and should no longer exist no matter what I say will matter because my enjoyment comes from a part they want to remove for very specific reasons. Removing them has a purpose, that purpose cannot be achieved as long as DPS meters exist, therefore if their goal is to achieve that goal, DPS meters have to be removed.

Want proof? Ion’s philosophy has not changed, he literally said the reforger “failed” not because the community didnt like it, but because it didnt go far enough in locking people to their builds, if covenant implementation doesnt stop people to sticking to a build then next expac he will add even more restrictive systems.

The philosophy has not been proven wrong, the implementation sometimes doesnt work, but that doesnt invalidate the ideology behind it.

1 Like

im with preach on this one.

Some people seem to view Blizzard as a combination of parent, police, teacher, and government.

Oh god, Ralphe has a other one.

I’ve quite enough about Preach on these forums to draw a decent picture. Honestly I prefer people like Kelai (probably misspelled) that talk about stuff coming up objectively and not through the lens of top-end or anything else.

At most he gives his rough opinion and that’s it, but usually does say that your mileage may vary. He at least acknowledges there are some things that while he might be less enthused about, there are people that will be.

That’s your prerogative, but it doesn’t make it the right, or only, way to approach the situation.

Blizzard is a business; what will ultimately drive the changes to the game is what they believe will cost them money. Ion might have a vision for the game but changes that get enough backlash get reverted - even if only part of the way. The simplest example of that was flight; prior to pathfinder there was every indiciation that they did not intend to reinstate flight at all for current content. The backlash was loud and consistent, so they partially reverted and instituted pathfinder. Now, people still fight to this day for a further reversion. They might get their way, they might not; ultimately, it doesn’t matter. They will still keep trying, because it’s worth it to keep trying to get the game they want.

Blizzard doesn’t have free reign over the game; their vision has limitations that are based on their users. The top end falling out of WoW would be catastrophic for the game; Preach and co might not represent the will of the majority, but they do represent the aspirations of many. The “will of the majority” is largely “I don’t care all that much, ill just go with the flow”. So when you have one party with a vested interest where what happens matters (the top end), one party with a vested interest in changing the status quo (a select few of the not top end who actually care about the intrinsic make-up of the systems), and the rest don’t have a pony in the ring, it does become about which group is more important to the longevity of the game.

At the smallest point, you can clip the wings of these systems in ways that suit you; even if you don’t turn the ship around, you can make minor changes with enough noise. At the biggest point, noise gets you the changes you want. Either way, for many people, it’s worth the effort to try. There is no intrinsic value in “Ion’s vision”, he doesn’t own the direction of the game; he’s merely its current keeper, in a line of keepers, and unlikely to be the last. Don’t exalt him further than his worth.

Nobody talks about what’s coming objectively; there’s no such thing as an objective position, besides directly describing the system with no inflection or editorial whatsoever. If you believe someone is creating content without bias or subjectivity, it’s far more likely because you hold the same subjective view as them and thus see it as an objective description. This is an extension of confirmation bias.

This is an important point to note, and applies heavily to this entire thread; that you agree with Ion does not make what he says objective immutable truth; it just means that at this particular point your views align with his. He’s just as likely to make a decision you dislike tomorrow, and despite your protestations in a thread like this, you will be here tomorrow decrying those decisions. Nobody is inherently objective naturally, and everybody thinks they are more objective than they really are. This describes why Preach speaks “for the people” and why the OP of this thread thinks he doesn’t; both are wrong for their own reasons in their own way.

1 Like