Preach doesnt speak for the community, elitist out of touch with playerbase

If people cant understand the designers they cant understand the game.

I as a boomie rn cannot solo the tree elites in nazjatar because of my one minute interrupt, all my other classes with shorter interrupts can.

That is not a design problem because those mobs are DESIGNED to be beaten by groups, not solo, therefore the same rules dont apply and me being unable to do it due to lack of short interrupt is normal.

Someone would cry about the fact that they dont get to do something that isnt intended to be done solo, solo while other classes can, that person would show they dont understand game design.

Trying and failing to do something is vastly different than not being allowed to try at all.

Nobody cares that your druid can’t solo an encounter and others can. You’re free to keep doing it.

What we care about is choice being pruned. That you now cannot do something you used to be able to do.

Like I can’t put on a rep tabard and go do dungeons. I have to play in the world quest system which I hate. That’s not choice. That’s a lack of choice.

Yeah games evolve, probably need to get used to this, the longer a game stays alive the more changes it will go through and wont look the same as it started.

Like i said, if they removed dps meters from the game which is core part of my fun i would leave, if the game isnt going the direction you like you have no choice other than leave. (Although whining in the forums is also a popular alternative it seems)

Trying to raid Molten Core with no fire resilience. Trying to PvP outside of the PvP spec. Wearing cloth as a Warrior.

I could go on, but you’re trolling at this point.

I wouldn’t call it evolution. It seems to be devolving by my logic.

I’ve left. My presence on the forums isn’t an indication of my happiness with the game.

But nobody stopped you from trying it. That’s the point.

You could say they weren’t ideal ways to play the game. Fine. I’m fine with that. But you can’t tell me that it’s the same as your way of playing called ‘degenerate’ and therefore cancelled.

Having the choice to be bad isn’t the same as having no choice at all.

When I left to go play swtor for a while I didnt bother posting in the forums.

What’s hilarious is that the way Ralph plays the game is probably the least common of all possible playstyles, yet somehow he thinks they’ve designed an expansion just for him and his alts - which by the way, Ion doesn’t think you should play, Ralph.

2 Likes

Different strokes for different folks.

I dont play alts, if im playing another class or spec it is because I am planning on maining it like I am doing rn with boomie.

Alts is an alt, something you play while not playing your main.

Changing your main by abandoning your previous main is a very different thing.

LOL.

You are starting ALTS. You are deluding yourself and going against your own claimed principles.

They have said they don’t want people to see having multiple mains as a way to get around covenant-related restrictions. Yet here you are trying so sleaze your way past that.

And I dont have multiple mains, I main one character, my spriest is now abandoned, I am not gonna play him, not even go do a m15 on spriest, I am a boomie now and my focus is only on my new main aka boomie.

Dont confuse alts with changing mains, changing a main is a very long and painful process when done late into the patch. Alts are small irrelevant weaker characters that will never catch up to your main gear wise.

A new main will though.

Like i said, I never play alts, no point playing another character than my main.

So you’re starting alts and abandoning them as your chosen playstyle. That sounds really degenerate compared with how you keep telling us we’re supposed to play the game.

Decisions should have consequences, you keep telling us. But not for you.

Yeah cuz for example if you choose venthyr and you end up not liking them like you falsely expected, you join another covenant and ABANDON the previous one. Though for my case it was more like someone mentioned boomie as bad and i started having uwu thoughts about boomie and ended up deciding to main them, plus the eclipse system seems fun in sl

Suffering through getting cloak to high lvl resist, getting essences and buying a few, getting gear and also getting corruption a process that requires a minimum of a month to get to a good ilvl/corruption is “not enough of a consequence”?

Looks like you are just another one of my haters whose blind hatred has blinded them to reality.

So much for that LOLcommitment you keep telling us is the right way to play the game.

Not compared to what you want to put us through.

Well Ralph. If you haven’t already blocked me, which is your normal pattern of foruming, blocking everyone who disagrees with you because the existence of people who disagree with you triggers you…

When somebody’s behavior brings up the question, “Is this guy for real?” people need to consider that the actual answer may be “maybe not”.

Man you are really so simple and unabale to grasp some concepts like commitment and choice you try to generalize everything so badly, it is almost scary.

Before I ignore you, or put you on the to ignore list on i get trust level 2 on boomie I will try to explain it simply so you maybe have a chance to understand.

Commitment to a choice means commitment to a choice you have decided fits you, if you have chosen something and then realized you dont enjoy it because it doesnt fit you the it only makes sense you make a different choice, only addicts stick to a choice they end up finding later they dont enjoy, like all those wow addicts who despise and hate the game yet still play it.

If for example venthyr story ends up moving away from the edgy vampires being about punishment and uwu and decide to become goody 2 shoes like the kyrian then due to the changes I could decide to change to necrolords, my choice is committed .

What tryhards want though isnt choice, it is to simply jump to most optimal covenant for X boss and then change for m+ and then for the other boss, there is no commitment there because commitment implies accepting the strengths AND WEAKNESSES, when you change to only have strengths in the content you do, you are not committing to anything.

But I know you are a hopeless person who hates me so you will most likely not understand this, but this explanation might help someone not fall in the trap you have fallen in.

You seem mad those “tryhards” are vastly way better than you and make a ton of money off of it

3 Likes

Ralph, my friend, you spend more time on the forums defending the game and choices you supposedly love verses actually playing the game…I think that speaks a lot louder about what you think of the current game over any thread/post you can make.

2 Likes

cries in longboi

New main, semi afking epic bgs, gotta do something while doing that xD