Preach doesnt speak for the community, elitist out of touch with playerbase

Ask blizzard to make my forum avatar a cute fat lazer chicken as I main boomie exactly because I can be a fat cute lazer chicken but sadly that isnt represented on the forum avatar :frowning:

Also I just remembered a very recent Preach lie that I took as him being in denial.

Ion told him about the stat side of RP and explained it isnt just erping in goldshire when ppl say RP. He mentioned specifically about stats and builds.

Yet in a video before this one he literally kept talking about how RP is just story and how he just doesnt understand why Ion made such changes, it is just story guyz.

At the start I assumed he was just in denial but this does sound like a calculated move to try pretend as if Ion doesnt have legit reason for the changes and that is just for the sake of story RPers while Ion pretty much told him it is about the stat side of RP

Hmmm OP plays shadow priest and boomy… Starting to make sense. Weird that he personally benefits from an aoe cap change. He’s just worried blizz might change it and lose this relative buff to his classes. It’s never about elitist vs casuals. As someone who plays with both elitist and casuals, there is very little overlap in the content they play and most casuals don’t care enough about the things hardcore players care about. Go talk to players and have a discussion, you’ll find that while people have different opinions, there is generally more agreement and most casuals defer to people with more experience over things they don’t understand that well (they ask questions instead of pretending they have better answers). Most “elitists” do care about the casual player experience and want solutions that benefit everyone.

Just in case people don’t understand how an AoE Cap will ACTUALLY impact the game for casual play vs top end play. I will explain it.

How a casual group does a dungeon: Pull one group a time usually averaging 2-4 targets per pull. How will an AoE cap affect this casual group? Not at all.

How a top end group pulls: Big CDs up? Do biggest pull they can manage. Fit as many packs into a single pull as possible to save time. Most of the pulls are above the target cap so a target cap MASSIVELY affects their gameplay

See how this change basically only affects one kind of player? That’s why Preach has a discussion with the very players it impacts and not casual groups. Because it doesn’t impact them. Any casual claiming it impacts them needs to explain how.

I’ve been saying Ralph is trolling but I’m privy of this because he knows a friend of mine. Can’t blame people for taking the bait every time.

1 Like

I’ll let Preach speak for me the day he deposits $16.50AUD into my account every month.

1 Like

Hi Ralph, back again with another essay I see, on an alt this time.

New main*

I like being a fat lazer chicken and shadowlands eclipses seem fun uwu
And no I aint using the degenerate legendary that purposely pushes to keep eclipses short as possible even if it remains like it is now.

Ok so this guy doesn’t like Preach. So remind us what’s stopping YOU from making a YouTube video of YOUR thoughts and feelings about the next expansion? Then you can talk to Ion about how to make it better.

I’ll wait for the link. sips tea

I love how…slow the GD is and how they can’t comprehend the facts Ralph always spits out at them.
They cower and meme because their tiny brains can’t comprehend that he isn’t a sheep like them.

“DERP DERP U MUST BE TROLLIN DUDE!”

Keep up the good fight!

Yes, those who ban others and their behaviors as degenerate are typically not the best people.

I would agree if we are talking about behaviors or natural born traits like being gay, but we are talking about unintended ways to play the game.

Ion for example stopped the degenerate tryhard way of playing that changed gear in m+, he also pointed out that mass pulling, snapping and ccing and deleting mobs in m+ is also wrong and unintended because that has no real risk therefore removed with aoe caps, harder groups of mobs etc

No matter how much the wannabe elitists might cry that if something is possible in the game it should be allowed, Ion knows there’s a limit and a way to play the game wrong, and removes them.

We are talking about behaviors.

Banning the way someone prefers to play the game is essentially the same as removing the capacity to.

It’s the same kind of poor thinking that you’ve got it all figured out at the expense of others.

Yes, because some ways of playing are wrong, just like some behaviors like toxic masculinity for example are bad and should be eradicated.

If your way of playing the game causes problems to other people, it sounds that way of playing is problematic and should be fixed, nobody but bigots ever whine about others who are minding their own bussiness.

But the tryhards not only do hurt the community by pushing for meta worshipping slaves, they are also demanding blizzard to pander to them instead of the rest of the playerbase. In addition games change and evolve, if you dont like the direction of the game because it removes some playstyle, the game isnt for you, if they removed dps meters I would be gone because I would understand the direction wow would take is not for me.

Thankfully Ion said the game isnt for tryhards and the broader community so we are safe knowing the elitists will be ignored.

No, there is no wrong way of playing a game. That’s the problem with the way you think. You think like a totalitarian, a dictator and the decline in popularity of retail reflects that.

People in general don’t like to be told what to do especially in a form of entertainment.

Made abundantly clear by the fact I haven’t touched the game in months and only visit the forums occasionally. I won’t come back until concessions are made around making gameplay features mutually exclusive again, such as rep tabards and PvP gear. As well as issuing an apology to working class white people for their egregious stance on racism.

The broader community if put into a bottle would sound like a schizophrenic. The broader community doesn’t agree with you, to be 100% clear. It’s a massive collage of varied interests and reasons for coming to the game.

Trying to force one game play loop onto everyone is going to have the net effect of most of them leaving the game for good.

With the kind of obsession Ralph has for Preach, its high time he asks Preach for a date.

Until you admit the fact that this is the case and game designers get to tell you that you are playing the game the wrong way then clearly you cannot understand anything I or Ion say

He doesnt look bad, but he doesnt seem to be the dom top kind of guy

1 Like

I can dig it. :smirk:

That’s fine. We don’t have to agree. I think you both are wrong and I think the game will suffer for it.

Time will tell.

He doesn’t speak for me but as a middle aged man who talks about how he used to be good at WoW, I relate to him and agree with a lot of what he says about classes. I just disagree with him on this stuff because he won’t care if the game is unfun and dull for me because he gets the abilities all homogenised into uselessness. I too won’t care if the difference in power is 1% or 10% or whatever the cutoff is because I won’t ever be doing +30s and Top 10 world races.

2 Likes

What? Have you played Everquest or Vanilla at all?

There were definitely wrong ways of playing the games back then, and people would let you know it in more shades than just one.

But I digress, you were soap-boxing?

Elaborate.