Pre patch is a week out. WTF is going on with Fresh?

Server names/types? Name reservations? We need info!!!

33 Likes

They might be trying to prevent server stacking. But more likely they are just being typical blizzard and not communicating anything

14 Likes

I mean. IF they are planning on releasing more than 1 of each server type, they’ve all ready failed fresh.

NO, east coast/west coast. Just one of each server type per region. This means there is only one US PVE fresh, and only one US PVP fresh. NO RP servers. If they don’t do this, fresh servers are going to fail.

I don’t know why people don’t seem to understand this. There is room for fresh servers, but only if they’re kept to the bare minimum amount.

26 Likes

I am admittedly just floating this, but I predict that they will announce servers today, and name reservations will be Friday. Wouldn’t that be great!

3 Likes

Yeah honestly anything more than 2 servers would be a bad call

3 Likes

Trans-Blizzard has all the data they need to make a calculated decision about whether the Fresh-PVE server should be US-East or US-West, with the Fresh-PVP being the opposite.

But something like this, a decision that cannot possibly satisfy everybody – Trans-Blizzard is paralyzed by their own cowardice.

In contrast, removing LFD/RDF – oh that was an EZPZ decision, with zero obvious consideration to player feedback.

2 Likes

I think it’s just where the beheaded chicken landed on the decision board.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Check back next monday. Should only be 1 fresh server and not a pvp one.

#spoilers :frowning:

It’s more complicated… at the onset it’s reasonable to expect a lot more players so it would cause issues at the start which could discourage long term players from playing there. I think rather than their current strategy of “open up the servers for transfers after 90 days” (if they “need” to)… they should opt to merge fresh servers instead.

I know, I know… there are some issues with merging, but I can’t see how that compares to opening it up to transfers, boosters, etc.

I doubt they will only open 2 servers for all of US. They have come out and said they like to have a spread of H/M/L pop servers, so I’d guess 3-4 per coast, so 6-8 total for US.

You clearly don’t like how Blizzard operates. Why do you keep giving them money?

So are they cowards afraid to upset the players, or are they brave enough to stand by an unpopular decision?

Stop trying to use propaganda to make blizzard the boogieman

4 Likes

yOU cLeaRlY dONT knOW HoW BiZZlaRd w0rKS jeDDOrT

it would be entirely accurate to state that you, Euphorazine, don’t know how Trans-Blizzard works, so you assume everyone else must be as unaware as you are.

and since you have no metric for determining what I know or don’t know, you really don’t have any retort to this other than impotent blustering.

1 Like

Would make sense to just release Fresh with 1 server only, that way they dont have to do the work of consolidating them in 90 days

5 Likes

solid burn, 10/10

They should just flash all servers and give everybody a fresh start.

5 Likes

if they want to kill the game sure

1 Like

Kind of kind of kind of agree with this? Just because otherwise we’ll get Faer/Bene

Fresh wont launch until the game Launches

1 Like

“Everything woke turns to poop” POTUS Trump

1 Like