Pre-Patch Event Kill Quests

The CURRENCY IS useless - it doesn’t matter how much you get when it takes you hours to get enough for a couple pieces of gear. Alternatively you can go do the world quest events and get a guaranteed piece of 480/493 gear in less than 10 minutes often if you time things correctly (and the game isn’t bugged).

I don’t need to provide you with a citation. I am basing this one personal experience and I was running at least 2 maybe 3 characters through those weeklies each day.

I did 6 or 7 of those boss kills today and none of them dropped gear for me. Actually more than that because I did 5 of the daily quests and multiple of the same events - so close to 10 boss kills.

It doesnt. Maybe a weapon, but not the armor pieces.
You should be able to get a piece per event just from currency.

Then do that?
Pick what works better for you than complain about an event that’s supposed to be a fun little side track.
Lfr also gives better gear and gives bullion which is way more valuable.
:dracthyr_shrug:

Thats just bad rng then.
I got a weapon drop from one of the mini bosses and boots from lich king in the same event.
Then the next one, I only got 1 drop.

Rng does rng things :dracthyr_shrug:

That doesn’t make it factually true. You can’t claim drop rates are worse when you don’t have a hotfix link to show they nerfed it.
Im still farming invincible after 14 years. My friend got it on her first kill.

I could claim the drop rates are worse or I can accept my rng is just really… really… REALLY bad.

a piece that I can also get in less time doing world content and that I may be able to turn into tier. One of my fresh 70s already has two tier pieces in the last day.

I am once I leveled them up. But you don’t get to tell me this event is an improvement for me because it isn’t - it is total regression. I would have played it throughout all the weeks prior to the change but I won’t now.

I have done that event enough before and after already to see the difference.

Then don’t do it? Do whatever you want?

The change was aimed at improving the experience for what can be safely called a majority of the playerbase. It was not aimed at people with several hours to burn a day with heaps of alts to cycle through.

At least half a dozen people in this thread alone say the experience was worsened. What you don’t seem to get is more actual playtime is involved now than before but one day you types will figure that out.

Your other characters have them. Its account wide.

Again, do that then. There are so many avenues to gear this time around, do whatever works for you. Do all of them to gear faster.

Tbh i would heroic dungeons into lfr so I can get tier, bis weapons and trinkets. And do this for filler pieces.

That wasn’t the arguement.
This events UPDATE is an improvement.
Why would the gear be better than bis items you can get from lfr? Or dreamsurges, or dungeons. That doesn’t even make sense.
Its just another avenue to gear.

Its supposed to be a fun side thing to help gear alts, get tmog and stuff.

Then you’d see the gains are completely different.

War Within Pre-Patch Hotfixes for August 1, 2024 - Radiant Echoes Gear Works in Catalyst - Wowhead News

1 Like

ok thanks I didn’t know that - I will go buy the remainder of the tier if I don’t get it the more efficient way.

really this is pretty obnoxious - you are telling me it is an improvement and that we are making things up in fact and it isn’t for probably at least 10% of the playerbase.

The forums are way less than that, I can promise you. Also lack of posts says this isn’t a problem.

Well you are.
It is an improvement. Tuesday to half of thursday, rates were bad. The quest was a weekly, not daily. Bosses were a 1 and done per event.
Like its not even a question that its an improvement.

^ in terms of this, you are just wrong. :dracthyr_shrug:

Oh so you are going to tell me yet again it isn’t regression for me. Trolls get put on ignore.

Tell me something that was a regression.

1 Like

Where is the regression though?

1 Like

Only if you had eight alts and 40 hours/week of playtime just doing the event on them.

1 Like

one example but you can just read the thread instead of wasting my time - I have explained it multiple times.

And obnoxious troll is obnoxious troll. I argued people aren’t insane enough to do this but I guess you proved me wrong.

Awwwwww… Someone’s mad.

That doesn’t make sense since 1 boss kill = the same amount as the weekly, when prior is wasn’t even close. So you essentially double your net with the same effort as before.

To be this just seems like laziness since you want to speed run it and log out.
This hurt a lot of players because the boss died to quickly and the nodes went too fast for participation.

You get so much more currency, it was a fair trade off.

How are they a troll when they categorically explained to you, made sane and reasonable arguments, backed it up by simple math one can do using what the event actually gives us, and commented on the complaints and now praised Blizzard received in regards to the event…?

All of what they said is true. You are just upset that your math doesn’t add up. The event is better now and there hasn’t been any kind of “regression” taking place … regardless of whatever the heck that is even supposed to mean.

They repeatedly told me my experience was wrong and my experience is not wrong and then after I told them I was putting them on ignore they switched characters and started arguing with me again. They earned their troll title.

I fixed that for you.