Prayers for Paris

From what i read the main structure survived. It will never be the same of course >.>

It is unfortunate to witness the loss of such a storied edifice. It had much historical significance, as well as spiritual, to some.

I did read an article about it, and feel a bit sad.

I actually clicked on the article thinking there was a fire at the college. When I realized it was the ACTUAL Notre Dameā€¦ I actually got more sad.

A college was bad. But such a historical siteā€¦ hopefully it can be salvaged.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never been there. I missed out.

I did get to see New Orleans before Katrina though. Itā€™s gone now, all changed.

Life moves on. Sometimes that really sucks.

It was a couple of economists and strategists over a year ago.

I canā€™t recall their names but if I remember, Iā€™ll let you know.

Tell that to the Great Library of Alexandria

2 Likes

I just hope that it gets rebuilt and that no one died in it :c

2 Likes

It would really be a shame if the fire was an ā€œaccidentā€ in the same sense, but there wasnā€™t any burning docks near the Notre Dame. Arson has already been ruled out somehow.

Paris prosecutors said it would be investigated as an accident, but its still going to be investigated. I wouldnā€™t rule anything out just yet.

Also a Tragedy.

No injuries except for one and no deaths? That really makes me happy to hear.

The day ends far better now than it could have.

3 Likes

They didnā€™t need prayers, they needed a better fire department.

1 Like

It looks like theyā€™ve got the fire under control now, but it remains to be seen how much damage the structure sustained from the fire.

Those images hurt my heart.

It is terrible news on many fronts. I hope they decide to rebuild, but it will never be as the original was.

It wonā€™t be the same, but it will still be. More generations will get to experience itā€™s majesty and pride. It took a bad beating, but itā€™s not down. Not by a longshot.

2 Likes

What a tragic loss, lets hope Paris can somehow find a way to recreate the structure, safely.

The only up side (that I can feebly attempt to get from watching the cathedral burn on CNN Monday afternoon) ā€“ this catastrophic event didnā€™t occur during Easter mass (6 days short of that day), or the loss of life could have been in the thousands.

• And Iā€™m really appalled at some of the insensitive comments I saw above. You guys should do better.
2 Likes

Notre Dame is a historic monument and a symbol of human engineering in the 11th-13th century.

If someone burned it down for some petty stupid reason, iā€™m gonna be quite mad.

So sad! Such an important monument with much history.

Most of the important artwork and artifacts were already removed due to the renovations being done.

Some stuff was lost, it was an ancient building and people made mistakes. This isnā€™t the first time it was nearly lost, but it can be rebuilt again.

1 Like

We should all lay a tribute at the Stormwind Cathedral and the Hordeā€¦erā€¦one of their outhouses. Sorry Horde, no idea what place you got lol.

1 Like