Prayers for Paris

The Rose Window is safe!

(not what it looks like in its current state, it’s covered in soot, couldn’t find a good pic though)

News sites are reported that Millions have already been donated towards rebuilding Notre Dame. It will happen.

Good news is that many of the Relics and artwork were rescued, including the sacred Crown of Thorns among other things. All moved to an undisclosed location for safe keeping. They saved all the stained glass Rose Windows except for one that was lost when the glass melted.

They did an inspection today and said that though the roof and spire collapsed, they saved the Bell Towers and the walls are relatively in good shape, though one area needs to be reinforced, but it looks good for a restoration. Though they say it may take decades to restore it.

There were 3 millionaires who have pledged a combined $300+ million for the restoration work.

I am just glad that I was lucky enough to have been to the Cathedral and been inside it. Back when I went they were still allowing visitors up on the ramparts to see the gargoyles up close. They eventually closed the area off to visitors for safety reasons.

3 Likes