Potential New inclusivity update

Nope, considering nothing outside of your race/class changes that in game already

I hope this means NPCs will no longer refer to my (male) character as they/them, like with the covenant intros in Shadowlands. That turned what should have been an epic moment into a cringefest. If this change means NPCs will refer to my character properly as he/him, then I’m fine with it. In fact, during SL beta I complained about this issue, and suggested a pronoun drop-down menu as a solution.

However, changing Male/Female to Body 1/Body 2 is just stupid. If you don’t want to strictly link gender with biological sex, just go with Masculine/Feminine, like in Cyberpunk 2077.

1 Like

If it isn’t a big deal, why change it in the first place?

5 Likes

Gender is literally a made up concept to the point romance language can give gender to any and everything.

3 Likes

We had CENTURIES of nasty, often-violent rejection of human beings who don’t fit into the neat categories we’ve imposed on ourselves.

If you find what is happening now stupid, maybe that’s because oppressed people tend to go overboard a bit when they finally are able to exist without fear. You should be happy they didn’t start building guillotines and such, really. That overreaction thing can get ugly. This revolution is remarkably civil, really.

Additionally, I’ve noticed that younger people are navigating these changes much more easily than anyone over 30. This makes me wonder if those of us fumbling around with “they/them” or grumbling about changes aren’t just experiencing the inevitable out-of-step moments that happened to our parents and grandparents. It’s kind of funny how the complaints are so similar to the fifties reactions to rock and roll.

9 Likes

This is such a obvious pandering, yet people eat it like the company is obviously not doing it for the money.

21 Likes

Cuz they can, same reason you can cry about this small change

Its free, what money are they making

That’s too bad.

because it allows for deeper customization based on what YOU want, not what the game labels it as. Its straight up just more options, if your characters RP or canon or whatever is that he’s a male with a masculine body type and masculine pronouns and a deep thundering voice, you’re still quite free to have them be that because its a role-playing game and that’s your prerogative

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I’m sobbing real hard here. /s

3 Likes

It is, definitionally, a science.

1 Like

I can tell you are considering how often you type of “then why change it”

No /s

No it’s not.

8 Likes

History does not favor who you think it does.

1 Like

So a word invented in 1955 has been a social construct for the thousands of years of human civilization. Right.

7 Likes

I’ve said it twice because nobody’s answered the question despite replying to that topic.

If this change was done to help a group of people who are bugged by mousing over a male body with a male symbol and seeing the word ‘male’ flash in a tooltip, then definitionally you’ve already agreed that it was a very minor thing in the first place. :person_shrugging:

4 Likes

I don’t really care about your opinion, sorry.

It only “impacts” those who care about what a customization screen says. Literally no one in game is going around calling you “body type 1.” It’s not plastered across your screen. No one but you cares.

2 Likes

Well, lets turn your question around then

Are you saying the change is done to harm a group of people who are bugged by mousing over a muscular body and not seeing the word “male” flash on the tooltip?

1 Like

No, I’m just stating if I’m now body 1, now I am body 1