Potential New inclusivity update

Just don’t understand how ya’ll can play a game with panda people, cow people, dragon people, wolf people, and robot people and be fine with it. But the minute someone says, hey maybe we should be okay with trans people too ya’ll lose your minds.

11 Likes

It is taking away the option for your character to identify as male or female though.

3 Likes

it isn’t, its a fantasy game, if you want to identify as male select he/him and your character is male, simple as that

3 Likes

Calling myself as a body 1 human paladin now then

1 Like

You literally get to choose if you want to be referred to as he/him she/her or they/them. Also, animal crossing did this and it seemed to have no effect on their sales/popularity.

4 Likes

Incoherent. Gender is meant to be seperate from sex according to your own ideology.

2 Likes

Something something COVID

Something something lockdowns

2 Likes

Can I be “Fun Guy Sunzsu” please Blizzard: :pleading_face:

“Fun Guy” is a better pun than “Fun Gal”

2 Likes

Awesome, that’s a valid prerogative and if you truly wish that (you don’t, you’re just mad that people that aren’t you are receiving any sort of air time) then I’d gladly respect that and refer to you as that. Its literally that simple.

I dont think most people raging over this actually read (or maybe cant read) the entire post and just saw body type and instantly starting frothing at the mouth with how triggered they are

2 Likes

Oh please. Even without covid it would have sold well.

Lots of video games have options like this now, splatoon, cyberpunk, etc. Its a real non-issue. If you want your character to be male then bam they are, you dont need a little word on the character select screen to confirm that for you.

3 Likes

No it isn’t. Your body type is what you want it to be. Identify however you want.

1 Like

Reality isn’t an ideology. Gender is, and always has been a social construct. Sex is and always has been biological.

3 Likes

Then why change it if it doesn’t impact identification?

i read the title, got excited for the idea of making a short (like, goblin-short) pandaren, realized it was reffering to male/female body types and became disappointed again…
i mean i’m glad they’re doing all this but like… i wanna play a short, pudgy pandaren dangit!

2 Likes

Will this effect npc dialogue/interactions?

1 Like

More options? Now no one is male or female anymore since they removed the option. lol

3 Likes

That doesn’t seem like a big deal.

1 Like

Gender theory is an ideology and not a science.

22 Likes