Potential "Allied Race" candidates

I agree that adding entire races based on minor cosmetic changes would be mediocre.

Yeah but none of us are actually going to wear bat ears. Remember, our most powerful ability is vanity.

Now a good pair of black tights? Without having to grind the Necro lord thing? That would be great.

1 Like

would you be a murloc?

Maybe. I play lots of characters, and I’m an altoholic.

I know there’s people who would main them.

what about murlocs?

Sethrak (A), Murlocs (N), and Saberon (H) are at the top of my own personal wish list.

which would you make 1st

ogres for the horde, because they have been waiting since vanilla, for them

2 Likes

orcs or orges

How do the fish people, the race that was practically trained by the alliance, and are actually friendly with them, not make this initial list?

Also wingless Dracthyr are called “Sethrek”.

It’s not something I’m actively looking forward to. I don’t know that I’d play one, but since they’ve added both genders and children to Tuskarr, and gear fits their models (the adults, I mean) they definitely seem like candidates.

As for races I’d like to see, but don’t see any evidence of getting, I wouldn’t say no to Sethrak. I wasn’t really thinking much about them as an allied race but since Blizz seems dead set on going forward with a new race that has only one body type and armor that only exists in the barber shop, the same could be done with Sethrak. Would also be cool with Sourok. I just want a lizard race that isn’t the Drakthyr.

2 Likes

Like this?

4 Likes

Exactly dooooood. I like the fat body, but left would look so good in plate, mane.

1 Like

Sounds good to me.
Anything but another human race or unpopular abomination (Mechagnomes) which will just feed into the faction imbalance.

I mean I like the current model but I love the mock up so much more.

I hate how far down their head is on their shoulders most of all. They look like fat orcs.

I hate the lack of wrists tbh.

1 Like

Naga would be awesome imo. Having racial abilty that makes them basically a water mount and having an underwater capital city would be awesome.

Also, they were a playable race in parts of Warcraft 3 so i was always a bit surprised that they werent made to be a playable race in WoW.

1 Like

This is one of my issues with the relentless campaign for Alliance sethrak: the idea that the writers should go back to Vol’dun, throw together some ad-hoc storyline about the Horde hurting Vorrik’s feelings, and then have it end with him deciding “Hey, let’s forsake these two races that we’ve lived alongside for years/decades/centuries and join this faction that we’ve known for all of 10 minutes. Who cares if the Horde’s champion is the reason our loa is back and we’re not all in chains?” Because apparently, bad writing is suddenly good if it means giving the Alliance playerbase access to a race that they and their sympathizers are desperately convinced they deserve when it was never even promised to them in the first place.

What could the Zandalari, vulpera, or any other Horde race even do to make the Devoted abandon their home and go on a pilgrimage to Stormwind? Ask them to stop worshipping their loa? Accuse Vorrik of one day ending up like Korthek? Goblins building summer homes on their land? If anything, the Devoted having a spat with any of those races would more realistically just result in them closing themselves off until they feel that they can bury the hatchet, not run into the arms of a faction that they’ve barely even met. The Faithless also aren’t any more likely to join the Alliance, since their only interactions involved the latter’s champion killing members of the former.

1 Like

The Vulpera and Sethrak do not get along.

Imgur

Imgur

Can we stop pretending the Alliance is going to make x or y race do anything to stop being themselves? We have Dark Irons and Void Elves. Alliance no culture mindset is stupid and needs to die.

The Sethrak have absolutely no reason to ally themselves with the Vulpera or the allies of the Vulpera. And it’s nobody’s problem but Blizzard’s that the Sethrak actually didn’t have very much writing in general, let alone any that would push them towards a faction.

Besides, the same mindset exists with already playable Horde races.
What do the Blood Elves bring to the Horde? They’re an Alliance race rofl.
What do the Zandalari bring to the Horde? They’re a bunch of warmongering villains, especially after Throne of Thunder!
Do we really have to go back to Draenor for the Mag’har and establish anything for them?

Same mindset.
Somehow, this is only a problem when the Alliance asks for stuff though.
Hope you never asked for Ogres.

New lore to make sense for me, but not thee is getting old.