Possible queue solution?

Hi folks, I’m on Faerlina and the queue situation is pretty bad (12 hours sometimes). I would expect it to be that way for a couple months - maybe more. Blizzard has offered us free transfers off of this realm which is a good first step, but I think many of us are hesitant to do that because we’d be permanently disconnected from our friends/guild/community. Not a super attractive option for many. This is obviously not an attractive option because if it was, there’d be much less of a queue.

I propose this: We are allowed to transfer to a lower population server, but have a FREE option to transfer back to our home. I don’t feel like we should be forced to pay per character for an issue with the game servers.

Benefits
I feel like this would:

1. Almost immediately resolve the queue issues
  2. Allow people to level up alts without waiting for an enormous queue
  3. Not be seen as a cash grab, but seen as an honest and fair solution to massive queues
  4. Possibly help empty out mega-servers ( If people decide to stay on their temporary new servers)

I know a few people who will cancel their sub if there isn’t relief relatively soon. Many people are exclusively playing Classic content and won’t just switch over to retail. I’d love to see this implemented!

11 Likes

I sincerely hope these people you speak of do cancel their subs. Bye!

If you leave Faerlina, it is very likely that you will never get back.

It is a reasonable request.

8 Likes

There goal is to break up the mega servers. They admitted they should of never let them get that big and don’t want them that big.

As such why would they let people move back when they want people of and not to return.

No real point to make a temp option that only moves the problem esp when that temp fix further makes people even less likly to take the perm fix.

The ques are in fact helping them with that goal as every day it gets worse or remains people get more annoyed and as such more likly to leave one way or another.

1 Like

Lol the queues wont last a couple months. Theyll last MAYBE a month if that… but even that is doubt X.

We will be raid logging in like 2 weeks… relax.

Blizzard doesn’t deal in solutions, only blaming players for a problem they created before pre-patch even started.

3 Likes

Yes, Blizzard forced 80,000 players to pay $25 per character to all xfer to the same 2-3 servers.

It was so rude of them to force players to do such a thing!

Can you point out where they stated that? Imagine every server being a medium pop right now, then after naxx, they go through the Server Merger/Free Xfers again cause you cant do a dungeon with raid loggers and people quitting.

Transfer to Faerlina was free from many servers because they were shutting down low pop servers that died off.

Yes, when those servers had almost nobody left on them.

Those thousand players are hardly anything compared to the tens of thousands who paid to xfer.

Now I agree they shouldnt have let them free xfer to the megas, but they are like 5% of the problem lets be real now.

“At this point however, we believe the time has come to end the concept of a mega-realm.”

1 Like

Thanks. The only way they can remove mega servers is to shut them down. They’d need to open back up all the servers they had, offer free xfers anywhere (pvp faction balance, pve just do it) and provide a date those megas are shutting down. But they would also need to offer up free xfers if those new servers dont gain enough traction.

Also, that was a huge # of people that came into faerlina from all those other servers. The issue is they went by active accounts, not total accounts.

Ummm, I disagree. We’ve already started to seen them split up with the resurgence of Sulfuras and the creation of Eranikus.

The queues will eventually make people want to leave… its just not sustainable. Benediction has 10,000 people in queue and its 1045AM

This is a pretty good solution if Blizzard is dead set on not enabling cross-realm, or allowing free transfers back to bene once qs are gone.

yup, faerlina has 11392 with 418 min queue time as of 7 mins ago.

Blizzard is dead set on it because the playerbase is against it too…

Cross realm isnt classic. Im sorry its just not.

Now I will say its a little dumb you cant arena cross server since its already region wide… but I really dont want to quest or do dungeons with people not on my server. Its what turned the game into retail

It’s right in the blue post about the state of classic severs in community council

Thanks for the replies!

I appreciate the idea that the end goal is to get these severs down to a reasonable size, but I think this solution would also help us move in that direction. I would expect a certain percentage of people would find new community on their “Temporary” servers and decide to not come back. Many are not making that initial leap because they have no “lifeline” if they make the wrong server decision. This would provide that lifeline IF NEEDED.

I’ve seen some comments regarding players who came to Faerlina because their previous servers were being shut down. That’s my experience too - my previous server had an active population somewhere around 15. The reason I came here is because my guild wanted to be on a server that was sure to have enough people to raid in. Maybe it was the wrong move, maybe Faerlina shouldn’t have been one of the options that I could pick to move to. Either way I and many others find ourselves in a situation where we are unable to play with friends without the chance of winding up on another server that winds up dying. I say if I had a chance to “undo” a server move, I’d jump on it TODAY.

See that’s the rub though. It’s not an issue with the game servers. It’s an issue with players overcrowding certain servers. It’s a player issue. Not a server issue.

1 Like