Possible queue solution?

There is no solution but what Blizzard presented which is wait 15 hours to get your mail and try and transfer because morons on the forum’s don’t want cross anything for there you go

These servers were dead because the majority of the population paid to go to faerlina, you are missing a step in the equation

Not sure why i got quoted in this… but yeah Pagueis is a bit off on this one.

You may be right there - but I suppose the real rub is concerning blame. Can you blame the individual player for migrating to a server that winds up being overcrowded? Especially when we don’t get accurate population data directly from Blizzard?

I think it’s much more accurate to assign that blame to allowing the server to get so overpopulated in the first place. OR possibly in not retooling the server in order to handle the volume of players entering it. I’m sure it was difficult to predict how many players would be active on a server for a game that is 15 years old. I still think it’s more a problem with the system - not the individuals.

That being said - I can see your point about not moving to an already “high” population server. There’s probably blame to be had for both Blizzard and the players. The situation remains the same though, and both Faerlina natives and transplants are suffering from it. I think this method would ease the queue boss temporarily and maybe even permanently.

Thanks!

this is the way

Coordinate with your friends and transfer to the same server. I’m sure your friends would rather be playing than sitting in a 12 hour queue too.

False - Faerlina paid transfers to Sulfuras and Grob, no one wanted to go to the “mega” server. All those who xfer TOO Faerlina did so later. At least the 20 or so bigger guilds that announced where they were going.

As I’ve said before, Kirtonos had a community and lore. So pretty much everyone announced their departure.

You are wrong,
I play on sulfuras, 3-4 months before prepatch everyone transferred to faerlina, sulfuras got down to under 1000active player. those transfer were not free my friend.
Also at the same time, my friends playing on other servers reported the same issues… Servers emptied out slowly while everyone moved to mega servers… Again, those were not free transfer.
free transfers came in when all those realms collided together on mega servers and prepatch came out, then people got free transfers to sulfuras and other realms.

When you say ''no one wanted to go to ‘‘mega’’ server… im not sure I understand what you mean, they are mega servers for a reason and people did massively transfer to them thats just a fact.

My BIG problem with this is that blizzard act like they didn’t want to create mega servers and also mentioned it was a mistake on their end. But when all those people paid good money to transfer, it wasn’t much of an issue.

I agree with you 110 on this. When I came back from a year break. I was on bene which was a balanced server. Now a Alliance server. So I xfered everything to faer. Where all my friends went.

Why should we be punished for situations like this on a mess that blizzard created?

My solution to the problem is get rid of the bots that are tying up active player spots.
Kick the players that are using macros to stay online to avoid queues. Not hard to figure out which ones those are.
Open up transfers back to the server you xfered from for free if you’re avoiding queues.
Make xfers an account transfer not character. Some of us have 10-30 characters. ( Not me, only 8 lol )
Blizzard needs to step up their communication game. Non communication or partial communication kills player base

Hoping for a fix before weekend

This is a good solution but Blizzard is blaming “stubborn” players for the queues and they’re happy with that being the resolution.

Signed

I have a feeling this would be a financial decision that would need to be cleared by the higher up bean counters though.

Probably unlikely :confused:

And even than, will your original server even be allowed to transfer back to with its pop size?
In a week or so it will calm down. Theres probably a lot of folks who took a week off to play. It always calms down a bit later.

The time frame you are talking about is well after Kirtonos closing. In addition, I know people who paid to xfer from Sulf to Faerlina, only for blizz to offer free xfers to do the same thing after.

No one wants to deal with the “mega” server (queues), they want a guarantee that they wont be playing on a dead server. Big difference.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.