Best guesses on the next class?

Been saying this for awhile myself. I’m surprised that more people haven’t picked up on the major issue caused by Class Halls: in order for Legion and the quest flow to work properly, they will literally have to add in a Class Hall, a campaign, quests, and weapons for anything that gets added.

Someone has seriously got to ask about this at the next Blizzcon during the WoW Q&A:

“Do you intend to eventually add a new class, and how would that work with Legion’s Class Hall campaigns?”

Or, in the event they actually do announce a new class:

“Will the _______ class be getting a Class Hall campaign for Legion? If not, how would the questing flow work if I decide to pick Legion for Chromie Time on that character?”

I honestly feel one of two things is going to happen here. Blizzard will either add a class, but completely forget that a class with no Class Hall is going to completely break any attempt to level up in Legion, or they brought the Class Halls in partly as a reason they can cite for why no new classes are being added.

1 Like

But they wouldn’t answer any questions about a new class because they don’t want to put Chekov’s Gun on the table.

I’m 99% sure it’s a complete non-issue over in Irvine.

Blizzard has never respected any content that isn’t current. Hell, the most recent model has raids going obsolete in the expansion that introduced them. People actually asked, “Will Death Knights be getting tier sets from vanilla and TBC?” Blizzard didn’t exactly bend themselves into pretzels to avoid or accommodate the issue… they just said, “No.”

Why would class halls and artifacts be any different? It’s irrelevant content.

1 Like

I don’t know what it’s called but I wanna class where I can shoot laser beams out my eyes and I want my interface to turn into a first person shooter while I’m doing it.

I also want the ability to turn invisible at will and make my skin as hard as diamonds.

Additionally I want to be able to sprout wings and fly and have my head turned into some kind of bomb that I could take it off and throw it.

Finally I would like to be able to spew a noxious gas from all of my orifices and be able to have my ears turned into some kind of a shield and envelop my body.

That’s my new class I predict

1 Like

WoW doesn’t really need a new caster or melee. The only thing the game lacks are more physical ranged options like rangers or gunslingers etc

I did put up a poll on this awhile back:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/poll-what-class-do-you-want-to-see-added-next/775610

Necromancer is the pretty clear winner… but even if we put the theme overlap with Death Knights and mechanical overlap with Warlocks aside, I’m pretty sure the Shadowlands announcement, notably barren of any class announcement, was that ship sailing away.

I still dream of taking classes in school and college all the time. It’s been decades since I was in either…hic!

I agree, if they add another class, it just wont have a class hall because they first don’t care about old content, and second figure nobody else does and levels past it so quickly, why bother?

They have already set it up so that you level all the way up exclusively in B for A anyway, what difference does it make if there’s a class hall?

2 Likes

Yep. At worst, grey out the option, let the three people on the forum that actually care for some arbitrary reason have a hissy fit for a week, and carry on.

1 Like

If they ever actually made a bard class they’d see a sales bump that beats WotLK release

… There IS a bard that walks around the Necrolord covenant.
Sure he’s not any good, but interesting that they made a point of putting him in…

1 Like

… why? What demographic would that appeal to?

It’s not a class that has been an integral, yet missing, element of the WarCraft universe, like Death Knight or Demon Hunter.

It’s not a class that can base its appeal on the goodwill generated by most incarnations elsewhere, since WoW doesn’t have a primary support role. It would just be a Mage/Priest/Hunter/Rogue/Warrior/Whatever, but with a music skin.

Hmm…next class? idk… But Fire Boomy sounds disgusting. Lets go Fire Boomy… Combustion Convoke with Pyroblast ftw!

IT WAS irrelevant content.

But now with the Exile’s Reach-levelling-current xpac levelling path, you could make an argument that NO XPAC should be viewed as ‘‘irrelevant’’.

It isn’t endgame.
This is WoW.
It is irrelevant.

Your statement was:

Last I checked, I could still do that with my DKs in Unholy spec. Of course, I don’t RELY on those mass summons to do my damage because of the overall difference of time gates, nor have I ever done so. Demonology Warlocks have since Legion, but they are a caster class, not a melee class like the DK.

I never stand back from the fight on my DKs. While the one Talent that allows me to bust zits at long range is nice, considering I need to be up close to put them on, it doesn’t make it as valuable outside of PvP.

And while both Necros and UHDKs will use minions, UHDKs don’t have to (it’s helpful, but not a reliance).

I’d have to check the next time I’m running DPS with a DK, but I’m fairly sure that most of the moves I do involve making zits, popping zits, healing myself, or firing off a ranged blast at point blank range. I only occasionally bring out the dead.

Show me a current DK on Azeroth or Outland that was a Warlock made DK. All the ones face today were created through the Scourge, with the first ones being fallen Paladins, or heroes raised since then by the power of the Lich King.

You didn’t define how this is actually a problem.

Yes, please tell a DRUID how bad their set it and forget it healing is, when that is pretty much the only healing I have.

Simple answer, these are all timed pets. Concern for the health of these pets would be the same concern as you have for your Storm Earth and Fire move, or a Warlock’s Felstalkers. None.

Most of the Necromancers I played in Warcraft summoned skeletons for a short time period. This is not a new mechanic in the game, and it’s not like something similar isn’t being used somewhere else.

Sure, a stealthing Paladin/Shaman would be nice, but that assumes they let it use stealth.

Lack of evidence is not evidence of lack.

Name one ranged class they removed. BTW, a spec more focused on melee on a class that has had melee abilities, isn’t removing a class.

Well, there is the band that first came out in TBC, but I lost track of them a while back

I think the conflicts with Necromancer are too much inside people’s heads and too much conflation. I think it would be the best option for a cloth caster with a Healing spec out of what has been seen in the Warcraft universe. If you can think of something better with those two qualifications, I’d love to hear it.

But there is also the Warden that could be added, and they could wear Mail, too.

There are four ways of addressing this:

1. Death Knight/Demon Hunter precedent, they start at level 48/58 and get shoved in to Shadowlands/Expansion they are released with right away. This leaves any problem with going back to the Broken Isles a non-concern at least until they do another level squish again.

The rest assumes starting at level 1 or 10

1. They create the Order Hall and Artifacts and skins. (What a Shocker! Who could have thought?!)

2. They do not have an Order Hall and a Quest Board is added in Dalaran specifically for them.

3. Chromie does not allow them to access the Broken Isles at all, period, end of story.

So, not as hard as you think.

Hmmm, well… I speculate they tend to scrap new classes in mid-development and just change the existing classes with new powers or old forgotten powers in favor of adding new classes… because of how specs work in this game.

So I say…its probably going to be Hero Class as to not repeat some already mention: Lich, Dark Ranger, Witch Doctor/Shadow Hunter, Rune Master, Spell Breaker, Blood Mage, Lightslayer, TInker… and I add Night Warrior but it either ends up as Paladin for Night Elves or a spec for Demon Hunters. Some may even end up together as a new Class entirely… Like Bard, Dragonsworn or a Graven one, could easily mech together a lot of these mention to crate its own unique Class.

Then again many have been scrap in favor of adding to existing specs… but those would be my guess and wishes to be honest… to bad at the end of the day the “BIG BOSS MAN” is the one that decides what’s going to go, as a New Class or spread as another set of new powers/talents/borrow power or racial (new add Allied Races) for the next expansion…
Hopefully the covenants powers will get a pass and might get implemented with some of the unique powers of the Corruption/Azerite gear, Maw Powers and Legendary item powers, if not we will see some implemented in the specs of the future changing our talents/racial/abilities…yet again for that fresh new feel, like they say.

But this is just an extremely wild guess on my part… just joining in the Tin Foil hat group to speculate! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

you will lose that bet lmfao!

My preferences is of the following;

1. Spellblade, spellbreaker
  2. Tinkerer
  3. Necromancer

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Cloth Wearer, sadly not.

But in my head the ideal design of the Tinker would be able to be all 3 specs. :slightly_smiling_face:

Tinkers would probably wear Mail as well.