Poll: Choosing a Covenant

Self imposed may not be as fun for you, but it’s FAIR to everyone else.

what part about self imposed consequences aren’t the same do you not understand… Its people of that opinion that are the control freaks. If anything is out of their control they cant make a choice and they feel punished by it.

if we all play by the same rules its always fair no matter if the devs side with me or you

I SHOULD be able to control MY OWN CHARACTER. I should be able to control FREELY how it’s played. The more FREEDOM I have to find enjoyment, the better.

Less talents is less fun, less spells is less fun, less ability to change is less fun. Being LOCKED INTO 1 MAJOR CHOICE for TOTALLY DIFFERENT REASONS that should be DIFFERENT CHOICES EACH is an entireeerly different animal. It’s not just less fun. It’s beyond that. It’s torment.
(Maybe if these covenant abilities were active ONLY in torghast they’d be thematically and gameplay appropriate)

1 Like

I can understand that, but my issue is with how this is being done.

Instead of punishing players who like to min/max across specs and content, I’d rather the consequences be a loss of potential rewards for not being loyal.

Like for x/y/z weeks of loyalty to a covenant you get growing rewards that the players who keep switching would miss out on.

This way they can play how they want, and us rp players are actually rewarded for being loyal and committed.

Punishing others just so that I can gain some benefit that doesn’t actually have anything tangible in the game to show for it just doesn’t feel good in about way.

1 Like

Don’t play games that aren’t designed by you for you then…

Thats a good option, but it’s still ends up witht here being a consequence for those who want to switch because they would miss out on the loyalty rewards others got.
I don’t mind people being able to switch in fact i think it’s necessary and I already plan on doing so at least once or twice. I just don’t think it should have zero consequences. There has to be a reward just like you just proposed to being loyal which, is in turn a consequence for not being loyal because you miss out on the loyalty reward.
Maybe how its implemented now is not perfectly ideal.
But to remove all pros and cons of a commited choice does change the value for some people (without a way to prove i would say most people) and i think from what you proposed just now you do agree but you feel that the way it is now is too restrictive on those who just want to min/max and there should be a different solution.
I personally am in favor of a fairly strong restriction, but i am also aware that that is an umpopular opinion. However i am strongly against there being absolutely no restriction on switching or alternatively there could be a benifit for not switching like you just said

Wow, why should a game players have poured years of time and money into suddenly be no fun for them to the point they quit just so other players can explore the product of punishing their loyalty?

But the entire covenant system is an exercise in punishing the player for loyalty so I shouldn’t be surprised.

i dont feel punished. i am excited to be a part of a faction of my choosing outside of horde/alliance

costs $30 real dollars to swich those factions and there are race abilities that have a heavy effect on the game which are all (excluding pandas) tied to that faction.

i know nothing about them since Im not a stream who can play alpha beta 8 hours day

But many players WILL be punished. That’s the beauty of it.

Rp’ers don’t actually get anything in the game to show for it.

Im not excited and I do feel punished. The faction consequence already exists. It doesn’t need to be redoubled with further restrictions.

1 Like

Cons are not punishments.
They come with the benifits of a choice.
No matter which you choose you will get the benifits of that choice and you will have the consequence of not being all of them at once. That is not a punishment unless you choose to perceive it that way.

To them, they are needless punishments.

That’s why I like the system and don’t want it changed.

It negatively impacts them when the game doesn’t have to. I’m on your side for wanting the system as-is. So you don’t have to change my mind.

But arguing that it’s not punishing for many is naive. But that would make sense if you don’t actually get anything for the system being restrictive and punishing. It’s easier to enjoy made up benefits if you can ignore the negative impacts on others and pretend like they don’t exist.

The consequence of adhering to my rp is very potentially “i cant arena, i cant rbg, and/or i cant do mythics”. Every player choosing for one aspect of gameplay they enjoy may be forced to forfeit all others. That’s punishment. This is an EXCESSIVE consequence.

2 Likes

ok… :smiley:

lol, you haven’t even tried them yet…

If this was vanilla with basic gameplay and limited content it wouldn’t matter.

But today, with the game design built around min/maxing and all kinds of content - that’s where it all becomes extremely excessive.

Blaming the other gameplay factors that have evolved over the years to MAKE this change a bad one? I’ll totally give you that point. This would be pretty okay if the game still looked like it did in vanilla through about…mid wrath.

Mandatory spec tree restriction was the first really bad development choice still having catastrophic consequences on the game today.

At the point the concerned portion of the playerbase gets to try it, even if that’s in beta, it’ll be faaaar too late to fix it. This is a system change needed while the development is still in alpha before its consequences ruin an entire expansion.

3 Likes