Poll: Choosing a Covenant

I base my decisions on how things are now, not how they may hypothetically be in the future

2 Likes

Wait a sec didn’t they ask us to not judge it until we have the whole picture with soul binds and legendaries etc? Then they literally ask us to vote on it?

Left hand a right hand need to communicate better.

2 Likes

If everything was set in stone, or at least in final beta phases, then I’d agree.

Just seems silly to me to make up your mind based off of an op ability in alpha. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’m surprised it’s as close as it is. All this crying over the Venthyr ability would make one believe like half the playerbase would be going that route. Hardly anyone likes the Blue Man Group it seems.

Blizz will do anything to increase their time played metrics.

Blizzard needs to balance 48 abilities dollars to donuts the generic abilities will stay the same. Maybe Kyrian will get a slightly less useless one but that’s it.

But for players that enjoy doing M+, PvP, and PvE in combination with doing those across multiple specs/roles - then the restrictive ONE covenant approach doesn’t work.

That’s why many players are asking for the covenants to be freely swappable or at least separate the abilities/soulbinds from the covenants so that we can change things up when we’re jumping into different content.

3 Likes

Nah I like it the way it is.

Building rep with a faction then being like “sike” makes no sense.

1 Like

i will be selecting…all of them

2 Likes

It also makes no sense that I’ve killed nzoth once a week but w/e. You don’t join a DOTA game to play LOAP.

I didn’t vote on that poll and, based on the responses, a lot of others didn’t vote either. Lots of players will wait to determine which covenant to choose until the theorycrafters determine which covenant is optimal for each type of content. If Venthyr doesn’t change and winds up being optimal for end game content, I think you will find a lot of playing Venthyr.

Unless there are Changes to Door of Shadows requiring a target instead of a targeted ground, everyone is gaurenteed to choose Venthyr; being mandatory in Mythic + groups.

Also corpse Shield need to be looked at as well, many are asking for the ability itself to be Instant.

Observing from the Lack of Popularity of the Kyrian Covenant, the signature ability for Kyrian may need some improvement as well.

I’ll let you know when you remove the new “expansion buffs” I want to play my class again and not the borrowed power build.

They should do a poll of who wants the covenant powers to be locked the way they are vs swappable or earn the ability to swap them etc. Lol
Make those results public too please bliz lol

7 Likes

Exactly. If the system is changed so that the covenants are swappable - then those of us that value players being punished for min/maxing lose out on that benefit.

Leave the system as-is.

Basically people who don’t have a stake in high end play are very excited about screwing over people who do because ?RP?

1 Like

Yea pretty much lol

Do you think these people are also using corrupted gear? Doesn’t that break lore for a lot of classes?

Sure. “RP” “Fake Player Agency”. Doesn’t really matter what Blizzard disguises it under.

Many of us value those aspects of the game. If they make things more flexible - that value goes away for us.

Night Fae. They’re just too aesthetic and I love the whole nature theme.