Poll: Choosing a Covenant

I like the Demon Hunter aesthetic but I like the playstyle of my druid. Should Blizzard allow me to transplant all of the Druid abilities onto a demon hunter?

Or maybe, just maybe, part of playing a character is accepting that certain aesthetics associate with certain playstyles.

1 Like

I totally agree with that notion and change is inevitable.

1 Like

Agreed

You took me badly out of context :rofl: :rofl:

There is something to be said for the fact that we’ve already made the choice on class, and that we should be able to mix/match aesthetic to playstyle from there.

Personally, I think that you should be locked into an aesthetic choice and an ability choice, but they should be separate. Like… Let me take the Night Fae covenant ability, but have the Kyrian aesthetic. Especially when so many covenant abilities just plain suck(Looking at you, Kyrian DH), having to choose a worse playstyle because you like the aesthetic feels awful.

1 Like

Not everything is black and white, yes or no, min-maxer or not min-maxer. There are shades between - I know my own reasons are somewhere in the middle as are I’m sure many others.

Yeah i highly doubt even in Mythic+ most people do stuff in the +7 to 9 range only.

Would love to go Kyrian for cosmetics, but their abilities are completely underwhelming. Might choose the best ability first, and then switch at the end of the expansion for the transmog.

It’s less that no one understands the drive some players have to be the best- it’s that a SYSTEM of play should not punish ANY group to benefit any other.

The covenants should be factions and you should be able to earn all their perks and swap between them so no one is punished by the system for the way they enjoy playing. (Or the perks should be a different system not connected to the covenants themselves. An item you can imbue with a given covenant’s abilities maybe, with the ability to “respec” it to any other covenant you’ve earned the rep/empowerment from.)

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more. I was so hyped when the trailer came out, but the more they turned around and explained how the covenant choice would affect gameplay… They managed to build something awesome up and tear it right back down in the space of a couple days. So…unacceptable, really.

3 Likes

What ever the min max is.

I feel like this is the heart and soul of the objection and the demands we want in return.
(Though I dont agree swapping should be a chore. I would settle for that but I dont want to.)

2 Likes

I refuse to believe Night Fae are 1% behind Vethyr. This poll is rigged af. Necrolords still in the teens, ya okaaaaay rofl.

We play the game too, and all this affects us way more than it does others due to its RP implications forcing us to choose between yet another mode of play and our covenant choice that’s a huge valid concern for us.
(Not that …monster girls, is a very valid concern)

Whatever is the best for tanking in mythic+ and raiding for BrM monks.

Venthyr all day , would like to see changes to slaughter though . The poison isn’t going to cut it with damage vs bone spike or sepsis

It actually is a blizz issue because they introduced all the LFG features that created the community problem.

My thoughts are all the abilities should be tied into soulbinds and they should be completely separate from choosing a covenant.

2 Likes

blessed be the gargoyle dads

1 Like

I wonder how much this had to do with the initial reveal at blizzcon and how the kyrians were very obviously reskinned female kul tirans because man was that a really disappointing moment.

They don’t look like blue female kul tirans anymore but you only get 1 first impression… And the covenant ability with the once per day buff sounds really underwhelming.

I think it’s awesome too. It punishes so many players that try so hard to parse high and push numbers to kill the bosses.

It’s even worse to those players that play in 2+ roles and across all the PvE and PvP areas of the game.

I enjoyed it when players were charged gold for having to respec their azerite gear - but this is even better. They have to go through a time-gated rep grind if they want to go back and forth between a covenant.