Poll: Choosing a Covenant

Aw sweet, the one I want is the least popular! Yay for being in a living, well-populated, and balanced MMO!

But they are not the majority of the players 33% is not majority.

Nightfae ability literally drops in combat…? It’s a glorified mount

Going to be funny when it’s 50 50 half the player base chooses what they like the rest min and max lol!

Did someone say they were? I’m confused.

hes still trying to argue 600 people in this poll is a great sample size

Since when? There are videos of people using it in combat.

The ability is literally a slightly worse version of the removed druid talent displacer beast which was insanely good.

If its 51% of the entire playerbase no clauses no exceptions from AU ,US, CN and EU picks a covenant to min max I will conceed

I hear many ppl here making the claiming the Majority are min-maxers and game should be built around them . I want real hard proof of that

I like one covenant for aesthetic purposes and another for game play purposes, that doesn’t make me a min-maxer. I think you may be assuming too much about people’s motives.

1 Like

What do you by used to have?

Even back in vanilla and tbc, you couldn’t pick what you wanted to play. Certain tank classes/ specs were non existant. As were various dps specs.

Things have gotten better. They were probably the best in legion, but have started regressing this expansion. Seems like they’re continuing to get worse.

Most people care about their numbers in some form, some more than others. Top min/maxers can make a choice for 5% gain, Medium min/maxer 10-20% gain, very casual min/maxer 30-40%. Mainly depends how bad is the difference. But anyway, it’s counter-productive to design the way they want to on many levels.

Whose assuming?? , I am asking for evidence :face_with_monocle:

My quick take on the Kyrian prot class ability is that it (and ret) looks kinda meh for raiding. Excellent for M+. But multi target isn’t very robust for raiding. Now the necrolord ability that buffs the prot’s WoG to also cast a free SotR looks nice to help extend SotR coverage. (Also nice with the additional shield from the signature ability).

The Night Fae class ability for paladin is the same for each spec: just rotated through four 1-minute long buffs. Which look really good to me.

Venthyr is kinda meh to me, too. A double-size consecrate that heals and does damage, but on a (I think) 3-4 minute CD translates to limited usage in M+ but probably solid choice for raiding.

However, all these are quick takes

Venthyr #1, woot!

But you are assuming. You are assuming that people that like one covenant for the transmog aspect yet will pick another because of game play aspects are min-maxers. If you aren’t, then please accept my sincere apologies.

They can pick any covenant , what matters is the reason why they picked it. It could be misinformed choice but intent will matter right.

This game couldn’t be more casual friendly. It literally offers every form of content for all skill and commitment levels and players are showered with good gear, even for doing something as mindless as warfronts.

However, people like you (or at least based on this comment) want to push this narrative that as long as there is ANY form on content or rewards that cater to those willing commit more time, then it’s bad! And off they go with ignorant comments like … “ERMERGHERD!! THIS GAME ONLY CATERS TO HARDCORE…WE HAVE JOBS AND FAMILIES AND REAL LIVES!!! REEEEEEE”.

LOL, I mean … Players are not entitled to mythic raiding and the rewards that come with mythic raiding just because they pay for the game … nor are they entitled to Blizzard removing mythic raiding or high keys (and ruining everyone else’s fun) just because they don’t want to commit the time. Believing so is the epitome of selfish ignorance. Because again, there is already soooo much content for those only willing to commit minimal time.

3 Likes

Vampires /thread :laughing:

So far the saying is they shoud be close enough dps wise, so for most people that will be good enough. But it could change depending of community perception, or later on when we can “sim” them.

1 Like

Ok I will simplify it further. Basically when a player picks a covenant they say "My main is picking this covenant because I am a min-maxer I want to be optimal "