Poll: Choosing a Covenant

None of them really felt Shaman that well. So, I’ll probably pick based of the abilities even though that’s the last reason I would want to. Vesper Totem sounds like a fifth totem. That sounds neat. I’m holding out that hope doing the zones and seeing more of their story will make it more clear to me to make a choice based of my character rather than effectiveness.

I don’t know man, checking the poll out 67% of the voters don’t care of the silly teleport and this is from the forums only. Now I wonder what the players in game would vote for.

BLIZZARD MASS INGAME POLL!!!

There should be polls on the launcher you have to answer before you can hit play and launch wow

1 Like

I don’t feel that strong about it. Like I picked Ardenweald, but if covenants are broken power wise I would still just play 4 characters and/or play the best one. I voted basicly for my rp choice, what happens ingame is another thing.

67% of 1700 lmfao. Thats such an insignificant and irrelevant sample size. The vast majority of the mythic raiding community is picking venthyr because blink op. When heroic raiders see this, most of them will pick it too because its optimal or because their guides told them to. Then people who raid normal but want to get better will probably pick it too. You see the snowball effect? Thats how this game works, and its amusing to see people in this thread parroting spreadsheet simulator when thats what this game is and what its designed around.
The system was flawed from inception, but since “we havent played it yet” our feedback is irrelevant to them. Wait until raid testing comes around and everyone picks venthyr. It’ll be too late to make the necessary changes by then so they’ll either destroy the venthyr ability or leave it as it is

6 Likes

Who are like are 5% maybe 10% of the playerbase?

Do you know legacy loot, high evle and bring back ML rant started around the same time ? We all know who won there comfortable.

The teleport specifically is overrated. I’m more worried about the actual throughput abilities.

From the GENERAL forums only.

This place isn’t really full of the most “serious” players.

It’s like polling Aspen, Colorado about matters pertaining to higher tax brackets for rich people. What do you think the outcome would be if you did that? For or against it? Now go do that same poll in Jackson, Mississippi. The results may shock you.

Imo that is probably a lot of ppl in the game as well, which is why we need a bigger poll :smiley:

Top end raiders don’t need this poll, blizzard just emails them directly :^)

1 Like

There are a whole lot of vocal people here who I’ve seen are 0/12H and M, when a significant portion of the playerbase has cleared the heroic raid nowadays, and has been trending up and up as time goes on. The difference between the super-casuals that weren’t raiding at all in the first half of this game’s lifespan, and the hardcore playerbase has been dwindling. The casual population is steadily becoming the minority as the game fails to bring in newer players and veteran players get better at the game and do more difficult content.

This isn’t vanilla. More than 1% of the population is clearing raids and making informed decisions.

2 Likes

Who are like are 5% maybe 10% of the playerbase?

“5% maybe 10% of the playerbase” is a loooooooooooot more people than the 611 who didnt vote venthyr or night fae (who also have a blink) in this cute poll

1 Like

Yes, but how many on the forums actually push content that’s going to require it vs. those that don’t push or really even touch m+ dungeons?

I have no idea of the numbers on that, btw. Heck, I’m still not sure which covenant I’m picking. I know which ones I want aesthetically, but actual game play wise I’m still on the fence.

The are actually giving us no choice by linking the covenants so heavily to optimal gameplay choices.

Even as someone who only cares about my preferred STYLE of play, I cant do that and have the covenant i want for MOST of my 40+ toons. Feels bad man. Soooo bad.

Abilities need to be their own system so we have actual choices.

6 Likes

For some people, being optimal is fun and not a job.

Giving people a one time choice that they pick based on sims and recommendations from icy veins isn’t really a choice.

Letting people pick their covenant ability for each combination of group composition, content, and role, however, IS giving players agency and choice over the span of the expansion.

3 Likes

WOW. The polling was so much closer than I had anticipated! I was thinking the Night fae would win by a mile. Night fae or Necrolords. Kyrian are a little bit low, but probably cause it isn’t too wild of a covenant.

Making it a free choice also denies players agency over the span of the expansion. We still have no idea how impactful Soulbinds will be, but they have the potential to be more than covenant abilities alone. And your ‘best’ soulbind could be behind #3 on your list of DPS abilities.

But, by making these abilities a free choice, you are punishing people who would otherwise choice sub-optimal play over whatever sim is considered ‘hot’ today. It’s harder to justify not switching ‘talents’ when the option is omni-present than when it was a decision made much earlier on.

Not to mention that your choice will always be both optimal and sub-optimal, because there will always be situations it is weak in. Addressing inconsistencies in generic Covenant abilities is way more important than addressing class abilities right now.

Exactly.

I play for the role playing aspect of the game, and I even see this glaring issue for anyone wanting to play well at the high end content level - especially across raids, pvp, and m+. Even more if a player enjoys multiple roles.

5 Likes

Nope you can’t do mythic+, heroic raiding or mythic raids by playing 30 -40 minutes a day or just weekly . You got to do a lot of home work and prep time grinding AP, passing rep gates , metrics , chasing rngs

Older players are having more responsibilities in real life and are moving away from it . They are not going to prioritize video games for real life . No new players no fresh blood the game dies slowly

I actually raided in the first half and then stopped BECAUSE the systems became so poorly executed and much less fun.

I have become this casual ONLY because raids and arenas and bgs have become so unappealing and I cant even get into mythics if i dont want to use a headset or play an optimum class- … For a 5 man dungeon!

I dont want to be this casual, but I want all the engaging feel the game used to have encouraging me to get involved again. Blizz lost that for me somewhere in the last patch of wrath for pve and on legion launch for pvp.