Poll: Choosing a Covenant

I will be very surprised if Venthyr doesnt become the winner in this pool
Not because their looks, because honestly i prefer my mogs.
It is because their passives and most abilities they give to classes are just better for any endgame content.

This is the truth. If the covenant system is bad at launch and not fixed immediately, SL will be DOA. I wish they would just announce that we can swap freely now, then they can focus time on other stuff, rather than spending hundreds of man-hours trying to balance a system that will never be balanced.

7 Likes

My choice will be based on how the class covenants abilities are balanced for my class at time of release. My guess is this balancing isnt finished yet so I won’t bother voting! But I really appreciate the intros and amazing artwork shown!

Necrolords 'cause they look cool.

Going with Bastion for my main RP character, and I’m hoping I can go there on my main as well. (The spear looks fantastic for PvP, but the port from Revendreth for M+ might be a requirement. Waiting until beta to make the choice.)

I’ve had a lifelong obsession with angels.
I think my friends would worry if I wasn’t picking Bastion.

/rolls 1d4

This is obviously going to happen if they make it unswitchable…

I’m a prot warrior, so I have to go Necrolords. 2 years of bones and rot, yay :confused:

1 Like

My druid is themed around Celtic fae, so Night Fae.
Not sure about my other characters yet.

My hunter main will go night fae but I’ll be seeing everything with alts. I could care less about the abilities tbh, I’ll be matching all my characters up by aesthetic.

Why do you have to go Necro? Just pick the one you like.

1 Like

Although I made a choice in the poll, the reality is that I will select based on the character. The choice seems obvious for some characters but others are less set.

I’m to tired to read up on the Coveants. Someone tell me the best one for an Assassination Rogue and I will check it out later.

Do you have the option not to join any of them and be a floater? Like when I go to the mall, I never buy anything. But I stay in each store as long as I can before they figure out that I’m actually just chilling out with their free AC and WiFi.

Ah, so the racial ability is trash. Thanks for the clarification.

I’m not sure if they do or not, but it makes sense.

Night Fae for most of my characters.

If the Covenant system is empty and pointless, SL will be DOA. Covenants are the lifeblood of Shadowlands from what I’ve seen. Shadowlands without Covenants is Warlords of Draenor. If Covenants are simply a swappable talent row instead of the Advanced Class feature they look to be, Blizzard will be in trouble having two bad expansions in a row. Covenants can’t fail. They have to make them work because removing them is not an option.

1 Like

They should care more.

I initially thought venthyr no brainer. Then I read about the night fae and thought I would love to explore their storyline to the end.

Then I saw the necrolord ability and thought that would be fun to try with interesting set ups. But now I am thinking Kyrian since they are up to some stuff and I think they need me to help them see the light.

Needless to say now I am thinking Necrolords since I want to reunite the different houses while enjoying a new ability that makes me do interesting set ups as a shaman. I am still keeping an eye on the night fae though :grinning: but who knows I might change my mind after I actually play through all of them on my journey to level 60. This is exciting.