Poll: Choosing a Covenant

Technically it’s not a theory, it’s just a speculation. And you’ve yet to provide any factual evidence that covenant abilities will impede progression if you don’t pick the right one.

You’re pretty sure what? Based on your bias?

2 Likes

I’m definitely going Venthyr. They have the best abilities for a rogue.

Although from an asthetic point of view I like the necrolords.

1 Like

the necrolord banners’ 50% speed increase for the group is unfortunately too big to ignore my dude, we’re simping that banner entirely if we want to do anything higher than normal difficulty

1 Like

I just got back into the game. I’m a hardcore Forsaken fan and will be making my character a Sylvanas loyalist. I’m sure that puts me somewhere in Revendreth with the Venthyr for all he questionable things and beings I have slayed in her honor. Thankfully the Warrior ability looks awesome.

For the Dark Lady. Always.

2 Likes

Did I say impede anywhere?

looks up

Nope, never used the word “impede” anywhere. Stop putting words in my mouth.

I said there will be a “optimal” pick for your covenant.

Prove me wrong.

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/LwngFEIg8Kw?t=157

1 Like

You see… This is a social game where you have to play with other people. Perception is key. Here is an example:

Mistweaver monks were thought to be by far the worst raid healer for all of 8.3. Then someone figured out that with the right corruption set up, and with enough haste, they could pump out the hps of 5 healers, making them the most overpowered healer we’ve probably ever seen in WoW. But since the perception of MW monks were bad, a lot of people re-rolled, and a lot of groups didn’t invite them. It’s how this game works.

2 Likes

It’s still all speculations. We know for a fact that changing covenants will be long/tedious because that’s what blizzard confirmed. That leads me to believe that most of us won’t be changing covenants often if at all throughout the expansion (excluding completionists and those who want to chase the cosmetics). Again, this is just my speculation, but I don’t see these abilities out performing each other drastically. One might be more suited for one scenario over the other and that’ll be the case for all of them. Unless you’re pushing R1 Gladiator, world firsts or top 0.01% of m+, it’s unlikely you’ll notice a substantial difference.

2 Likes

Currently Venthyr. But I hope things change soon in terms of Signature Ability mechanics.

1 Like

They absolutely need to change the banner ability entirely. It was a neat idea but the 50% increase for 4 people (Basically the whole party) on attack speed is such a potent ability that it can imbalance a group if it is NOT there, depending on the setup, and the fact that it’s on a relatively short cooldown it’ll likely be a meta comp for certain packs.

I’m not pushing the highest of high end keys this time around but I’ve pushed enough to know when something is going to be well out of line in the mid-key bracket compared to the rest, not just “pushing world firsts,” and that banner is entirely one of them. We’re the only class with something like that, to boot.

1 Like

For sure, soul Binds could balance and customize our abilities,

Spear of Bastion - warrior ability would be so sweet as a single target strike.
Not an area of effect aiming a circle.

But yea customization of our abilities from AOE to single target, more CC or damage, etc

You know, I can understand the complaint about just simming the best one, but

has got to be some of the dumbest and most disingenous drivel I’ve seen on these forums.

YOU PICK WHICH ONE YOU WANT.

1 Like

I agree, they must be balanced, but with this system I think they’re trying to create a rock paper scissor type system. One covenant ability might be really good for X scenario but mediocre for Y scenario. If someone is approaching the covenant ability system from a min/max perspective, they’re only going to self-induce a myocardial infarction.

What I’m getting at is that we don’t know how all of these abilities will pan out or how they’ll work in dungeons, pvp and raids. For all we know, there’s some bosses/mobs in certain dungeons that can be cheesed by having a specific covenant ability. Maybe there’s some boss fight where if you have X covenant ability, then Y mechanic will be super easy and non-trivial. I just feel like it’s too soon to start pounding the nails into the coffin and imply the whole covenant system won’t work. That’s not directed at you, but more so the people who are irrationally convinced that the system can’t/won’t work.

1 Like

I wanted to do Venthyr but the covenant ability is bland garbage for pve.

2 Likes

Whichever one sims the best, thanks to the asinine design of attaching player power to these.

9 Likes

I’m only griping because I already see the writing on the wall, especially in a melee stack group. That isn’t entirely fun at all for me, considering I really do like some of the other abilities, and it feels entirely like I’ll be forced to take this. It’s simply way too strong in it’s current form and, much like with Paladins and Night Fae, it really needs to be removed, because there is no balancing it without making it complete dogcrap compared to the rest. None of these should buff other classes at all, because then that will instantly make them the meta unless they are complete garbo, and then nobody will take them.

1 Like

That one doesn’t sound too bad. Applies a dot to your target and when you pop meta, it applies dots to all nearby targets. Seems like it boosts metas AoE and boosts your single target w/ a dot. For all we know, the reduced melee/casting speed could apply to mobs in dungeons/raids and could be quite useful depending on how significant the spells that mobs are casting.

I’m pretty sure few will choose Kyrian, cause they suck.

Are you referring to to the warrior covenant ability Conqueror’s Banner?

Yep, that’s the one. That’s the simp banner.

1 Like