Poll: Choosing a Covenant

Compared to each of the other options, it’s extremely bland, and the only synergy it has with the kit is on a 4 minute cooldown, unless it procs off of demonic as well, then it might be mildly interesting.

Varian is in Hots not the shadowland.

If making them disabled in… all real content… is the fix, is it even worth doing?

1 Like

Waiting to see the final state of shadow again…then will depend on the sims for content. Hopefully not going to have to roll 4 of the same class just to enjoy each aspect of the game I want to play.

It does sound good, but it requires people to be within range of the banner at all times in order to receive the buff. It seems nice in scenarios where you’re able to remain stationary, but if mechanics require you to move, the whole ability is null. Again, this just comes back to one ability might be better in X scenario but mediocre in Y scenario. Mechanically it seems like the ability is like Galecaller’s Boon. There’s been times where that trinket has drastically boosted my DPS, but other times where I can’t afford to be stationary and have to move out of the ring. I don’t see this banner ability being any different than that. It’ll work in some scenarios and less so in others.

It’s quite obvious that you haven’t done high end content. Yes, at the levels of content that you participate in, it’s not that big of a deal so I can completely understand why you would feel that way. Not everyone plays like you do though.

1 Like

Whichever ones sims best for raiding and Mythic+. Blame y’all stupid [as] stubborn heads for not allowing this to only be RPG.

2 Likes

I’m just talking about the utility abilities: the teleport, the bone shield, the fox and the steward (though based on datamining it’s looking like they are changing the steward ability to the movement one that was at Blizzcon. likely because while the Steward is cute the ability is pretty bad comparatively).

Will anyone ask for a refund if they can’t use the Venthyr teleport to skip through a dungeon? Maybe, but I don’t think many people will. If they want to reduce pressure to choose a covenant based on community meta they could disable the movement/utility abilities in instances.

I agree with you, I hope we can make real meaningful choices. It just looks like as things are there won’t be much choice

Here’s an idea;

We should tell the Covenants to take a hike and go do all their own Maw Walking.

Oh you can’t?

How about you show me a bit of gratitude then and be grateful I’ve decided to further your cause for the time being.

2 Likes

will we not have to wait and see how well they mesh with our rental power? or is just a poll to see how much we hate certain covenants?

1 Like

I want my Castlevania/Bloodborne Vibes in Revandreth.

About fun , How many mob packs where you guys pulling to get Blizz to think we need to add a cap to it ? :face_with_monocle:

MAKE. THESE. INTERCHANGEABLE.

Quickest way for me to cancel my sub will be finding out I need 4 of my main class to be competitive in different content types.

3 Likes

That’s exactly how it works if your competitive. There will be a penalty for leaving/rejoining.

Guess you forgot Kyrian will have the vrykul wings everyone desires. Who cares if their ability sucks, those wings are beast <3 If anything, necrolords will be the worst, their tier 3 is a gravestone…let that sink in…gravestone…yeah unless your gothic thats not gonna appeal to most.

Frankly, I’m of the mind that it’s unbelievable that there’s anyone who doesn’t find Ardenweald the obvious choice.

When it rains, it rains stars.

IT RAINS STARS.

3 Likes

If you were a true proud deathknight you’d serve the jailor and honour our covenant with the venthyr, swine.

I-MEAN GO NECROLORDS (phew almost blew my cover)

1 Like

Even if the overall difference is less than 5%? I mean we don’t have enough figures to determine any differences in performance, but you can’t honestly believe it’ll make more of a difference than that?

1 Like

See, have to look at it in a different way. You’re looking at it in a causal play who cares I raid/pvp/M+ with friends/good guild mates where no one really cares. (This is how I’m looking at it and Tmog/personal character feeling are dictating my choices for each character.)

But you see there is a small group of people who see that less than 5% and see Five people in the raid not have the best one. So it is no longer just less than 5% it is 25% less now.

It isn’t 5% less in the M+ it is 15% less if three people don’t have the best one.

It isn’t 5% less in that RBG it is 25% less than the other team that has all the right one.

1 Like

Can’t pick one yet - I need to research which one will be best for melee dps, which for tanks and which for heals and then choose accordingly.

1 Like