Poll: Choosing a Covenant

Everyone saying they’re choosing what will sim best is no fun.

3 Likes

You’re IL 469, only 12/12H, and your best key is a +11. You don’t need the best covenant to be a casual.

2 Likes

You’re telling me you obtain every buff and advantage possible in the game before doing all content? All of it? Good on you, you’re a min-maxer. Otherwise you’re not.

2 Likes

its quite literally flask, food, pot and augment rune. lol. you can get the extra 10 stats from the xp pot if you want as well. its not like that is hard to do

2 Likes

Nope, old world buffs too. You’re min maxing, right?

1 Like

I feel like I’m able to enjoy the whole covenant concept the more I dissociated myself from min/max ideals. At first I was stressing myself out about not having quick access to the perfect covenant ability based on the content I was doing. Now I’m just going off of aesthetics and will just roll with whatever ability I end up getting. In the big scheme, I’m not sure it’ll make much of a difference outside of world firsts, R1 Gladiator of the top 0.01% of m+.

1 Like

they dont work in raids.

3 Likes

Why is that? To prevent you from stressing out on a video game?

1 Like

The best covenant ability for my class was my 2nd aesthetic choice, not quite the Shadowlands lotto, but I’ll take it.

1 Like

What an incredibly arrogant point of view.

Anyone who plays the game at a higher level than you must be treating it as a job and not enjoying themselves. Hahaha. Get over yourself.

11 Likes

why do you want to ruin peoples fun so much? is that what you enjoy doing in wow?

8 Likes

We aren’t talking about a 60 main stat buff here. We are talking about core mechanics and abilities that will change the way your character plays. Do you choose your talents and gear based off of what looks cool? Or do you choose them based off of what is best for your class? I see you have all plate gear on, why not equip some cool looking leather?

8 Likes

Going Venthyr purely for flavor reasons. I don’t play at the level where tight minmaxing is necessary and thus have the freedom to choose based on aesthetics and roleplay.

Urrr… I have 12+ 120s? Help.

Different Covenants for different characters. All depends on the theme of the character as I care about that more than striving for top performance. Have never played competitively.

This character will align with the Night Fae. My Human Paladin will align with Bastion. Not really feeling Necrolords or Venthyr for any of my characters but it may happen.

It’s sad that players will HAVE to do this if they want to stay relevant in the raid tiers.

Blizz can dream all they want that one covenant or another won’t be “optimal” for each class, but let’s be real, there WILL be an “optimal” way to go for every class.

4 Likes

Night Fae because they look cool xD

Covenants should be glorified player housing hubs that are only focused on fill the bar cosmetic, mounts and open world movement abilities. Tying their abilities into another borrowed power system ontop of soulbinds(legendaries) is going to give us BFA 2.0. We need a new creative direction or even director.

15 Likes

I think you’re over exaggerating the whole situation. I find it wildly hypothetical that you won’t be able to progress without picking a specific covenant ability.

2 Likes

Pretty sure I’m not.

Good luck with your theory though.

Let us know how that turns out for you.

1 Like