Poll: Choosing a Covenant

which is really garbo because the other covenant abilities are actually pretty good, but yeah, basically we’re very stuck with the simp banner this time around if we want to do higher end content, and when it gets nerfed it’ll mess up M+ keys for days

3 Likes

Night fae, and it is annoying ppl whine about how much dmg the abilities have lol as if they have no other abilities besides the covenant ones.

3 Likes

You are doing content one step over LFR, you have 1 kill on most heroic bosses as well.

Actual good players want to min-max and push content higher than beginner levels.

2 Likes

I think about this but in regards to other content. They are going to spend so much time trying to make these covenants work, and I feel like in the end, they will just make them freely interchangeable (probably in patch 9.1 or so). If they make the decision now, we can use that dev time on other aspects of the game like Torghast systems or something else.

5 Likes

kyrian is the giga chad faction

:muscle:

They don’t allow dogs inside the buildings and to be put on leashes.

2 Likes

I mean, so the problem I see is as a priest I would probably be throwing going with my first choice, because I would want to go kyrian, but I dont know that I can justify sacrificing mobility that comes with the other covenants. /shrug

I’ll see you when we both end up not being in e-sports and then quitting the game later on in life with nothing to show for it. Have fun not having fun that whole time.

1 Like

Almost all of my characters will be Night Fae for one reason or another. Though I’ll try to put at least one alt in the others as well.

playing optimally, and doing so at the top end of your class/specs capabilities, is fun. that is why we play the game the way we do. there is not one way to play the game, so stop acting like there is.

5 Likes

I agree with Asheroth entirely. This is a silly poll to put up right now because we literally only know half (maybe less than half) of the gameplay mechanics each covenant is going to bring. Soulbinds are supposed to be a huge part of Covenant gameplay. I wish everyone would stop assuming that the Covenant ability was the be all end all when it comes to gameplay, and I wish Blizz would have the balls to just say “Hey, we’re not done with the other half of this whole Covenant thing so be patient before you burn down the neighborhood, k?”

No, instead Blizz decided to put out Covenant previews that say nothing about Soulbinds (because I’m sure they’re not even close to ready for testing) and also don’t make it look like we’re missing any pertinent information about Covenants. Internally, they’re saying “Hey, the players don’t have all the info on Covenants yet, so we can’t take the feedback seriously.” Sound familiar, Blizz? Don’t Azerite Armor the Covenants, just be honest about them not being fully ready to implement and stop trying to act like you’re farther along in development than you are. I know I’d rather have the honesty, and you might even get more valuable feedback.

5 Likes

The entire point of an RPG is character progression. Most people are not going to intentionally make their character worse, especially when there is a social aspect involved with getting invited to a group or guild. You don’t have to be a pro player to want to make your character better.

10 Likes

Ikr. When the servers eventually shut down I know I’ll be kicking myself for not doing that .5% extra dps because I chose the “wrong covenant”. I surely won’t be looking back on all the fun I had over the years.

/s

3 Likes

I will pick whatever gives me the optimal stats/ability in whatever situation I’m in…OH WAIT WE CAN’T. Guess I’ll just be skipping another expansion because Blizzard can’t do anything right.

Says everyone else on the forums. I like them all and will be trying all of them at some point!

I’m sure you’d lose sleep at night over this thing that youtubers brought your attention to in the first place.

I want you to come back with this argument after you obtain every buff possible before all content you do. I’m talking about old obscure potions and world buffs, and that red thing that people sell on the auction house for people like you to buy off me because it doesn’t matter. Thanks.

2 Likes

Huh it’s not letting me vote.

I’m not going to make a decision because I don’t know if the covenant system is finalized yet. If abilities weren’t tied to covenants, I’d pick Necrolord, but I want faeline stomp.

2 Likes

Blood DKs belong in Venthyr

1 Like

I feel like this poll(is going on 3 different websites right now) is some reverse psychology experiment. They going to take this data and rekt some hopes n dreams.

tightens tin foil hat

Min/Maxing to me and a lot of other people is fun. I like trying to make my character as strong as possible to clear content quickly. There is no way I am going to pick a sub-optimal covenant.

How many people do you think look up their ideal talents or stat priorities on a 3rd party site? I would say the majority of people who play this game do. All of those people are going to choose whatever covenant is best for them.

11 Likes