Poll: Choosing a Covenant

First off, no that is not the definition.

Second off, they are not taking away player choice. There are four choices.

Third off, I am not reading between the lines, I am reading the actual word.

2 Likes

I wish Blizzard would have asked which covenant you want to play for aesthetic reasons vs. the one you’re going to actually pick for gameplay reasons.

8 Likes

Exactly. Why give choices when there isn’t going to be a choice. Blizzard thinks they can balance these properly, but how in the world can you balance a damage absorb shield and a teleport? You can’t. If they want people to have fun with the system they should let people freely change, because if they don’t allow that, there isn’t actually a choice to be made.

2 Likes

Ok drama queen, jeez get help.

A player who chooses one covenant will end up, through having made that choice, having access to less content than they have now.

Oh, they can form groups of players who have chosen to play badly because they will be shunned in 3/4 of the content they used to play.

1 Like

Or a 50% attack speed increase for people within 15 yards. That’s a pretty big one for some classes.

3 Likes

a choice is not a choice if it the decision is already made for you. players can choose what they want for a multitude of reasons, but limiting the amount of choices that you can make, is what is at fault here. there is NO downside to having covenant abilities being a talent-like system. If you choose to keep that covenant for the duration of the xpac, congrats. if you want to switch it because you are doing high-end content, congrats. let players choose for their own reasons, not cut out a chunk of the playerbase.

1 Like

Big mistake giving unique abilities. We should be choosing based on what we find the most interesting, not based on which one sims the highest.

12 Likes

Right now the venthir teleport is so overpowered in high end content, if you dont pick them youre trolling your group. Being able to completely avoid mechabics will always trump anything else.

Either take away any movement abilities from the 4, give them to all 4, or make them swappable depending on content. No class ability right now can trump the teleport which feels terrible, we should be choosing the class ability we enjoy not be forced into the covenant shared one that is broken.

If blizz is going to bandaid fix these issues by using other systems, its even worse. Your core system doesn’t even work, why keep trying to prop it up. Thats the exact reason classes feel terrible from one expansion to another, all your characters power is borrowed from all these systems propping up the broken core system of your class.

14 Likes

My only gripe is that we’re (as in warriors) going to likely be forced into 1 covenant so overwhelmingly that it’ll end up nerfed and then we’ll be forced to grind no matter what. This has entirely happened before and it was pretty garbo.

3 Likes

Not true.

Most people I’ve seen opposed to them want them to be freely swappable; removing the need to homogenize them and allow them to stay in the game.

5 Likes

Uh… If I wanted to be as awful as possible, I’d fight in my birthday suit. Taking a bad talent or two isn’t going to do nearly that much. And I’ve had no trouble pulling top 5 raid DPS with “sub-optimal” talents.

The point is that for him to be “optimal” in every type of content he’s going to have to complete every type of content with three “sub-optimal” characters. This is pretty stupid if you’re obsessed with only doing content with your “optimal” build. So, he’s subjecting his groups to three “sub-optimal” characters, just so that one can be slightly better.

If you or he is that obsessed with only allowing people with the “correct” covenant into your groups, you’ll never even be able to gear up those “sub-optimal” characters. They’d always be excluded from the content needed to gear them for the type they’re “optimal” for.

2 Likes

It’s not like they’re “giving choices”. They are requiring making the choice a pre-condition of playing at max level.

2 Likes

warrs have to simp the war banner :pensive:

2 Likes

I’m actually picking the one with best transmogs since all the rogue abilities look like garbage.

1 Like

This is bound to happen , so join team Necrolords instead. :smiley:

1 Like

I think people are looking into the post too much tbh. This poll is probably just for fun on Blizzards part. It’s them trying to interact with the community which I applaud. They’re trying to show they care a little bit.

2 Likes

Going to depend on whichever sims the best.

4 Likes

Honestly? They can make them disabled in instanced content too. They stop being fun when everyone can just teleport and out-heal everything (if you’re Necrolord).

Taking a bad talent or two can make it way less fun to play any content, even world content.

Open up your talent panel. Find the two worst talents. Take them.

Every spec has some real stinker talents right now. Even doing world content will be more awkward and less fun if you choose your talents wrong.

10 Likes