Policy Update for Input Broadcasting Software

Are you from the future??? How the hell you are level 120?

That was a thing even before multibox software was though. Gotta love how the hackers have pulled the wool over the eyes of people. People trying to tell everyone that bot hackers /script kiddies that were able to figure out how to make flight hacks in this game, and are not capable of making a simple key broadcast hack also, and have to rely on multibox software(which they don’t)? Just like back when mop was current you could be questing in Jade Forest, and see a train of dk’s hitting ghost iron ore nodes nonstop. Moving so fast you could hardly click on them. And yeah they were using flight hacks, because if you did manage to click on some of them, a lot were of them were level 85(probably fresh out of cata content). You had to be 90/ level cap before you could even purchase flight when the mop xpac was current. Regardless of what blizz does the hackers will always be a few steps ahead of them. And like always it will take them the biggest part of a expansions 2 year life cycle, before they figure out how to beat the hack. Revolving door it is, and always will be. Not letting multiboxers completely off the hook, because yeah they were causing some grief also, but not like botters are.

2 Likes

I mean, you don’t find it a little interesting that multiboxing was almost entirely ignored until it meant people might be able to negate the downsides of Covenants?

:face_with_monocle:

6 Likes

About damn time.

1 Like

Not entirely true. You had to have one level 90 to unlock flying for the first time, but that character could then buy a Bind-on-Account Grimoire of the Four Winds and send it to an alt, who could consume it at level 85 to unlock flying in Pandaria.

They were definitely a problem, though, and they absolutely cheated/hacked.

Did not know that, my bad. Of course it just being a 5 level expansion it didn’t take long to level up to 90 from 85 anyways.

You know what, I might be wrong. I could swear I remember being able to unlock flying in Pandaria at 85 during the expansion, but Wowhead is saying the Grimoire was added in 6.0.1, so maybe I’m getting it confused with the Tome of Cold Weather Flight?

Regardless, it doesn’t really matter. Even if I was right originally, why wouldn’t they just use the level 90 they apparently would’ve had? I definitely remember the bots back then and respect for the Terms of Use and limitations of game mechanics were not identifying characteristics of them.

1 Like

suddenly i’m having flashbacks of dread wastes

1 Like

Yeah, if remembering correctly the cold weather one in wolk unlocked flying for alts at 77 maybe?

You could unlock Cold Weather Flying directly at level 77, but the tome allowed you to unlock it at 68. That one I definitely remember because I was so proud of myself the first time I could actually afford it haha.

1 Like

Neither will my Twitter campaign.

:cake:

#boxingischeating
#endmultiboxing

Ah ok, couldn’t remember exactly how it worked. Hard to believe it’s been what? 12 years I guess.

Seems likely enough to me.

Again, Blizzard tries to “fix” something that is not going to result in the intended effect (yes, botter druid packs will be back) and breaks play for other people.

This change is silly.

2 Likes

That’s fine even though they just made it clear that multiboxing is all good.

1 Like

I’ll be doing my best to respectfully suggest otherwise.

:cake:

#boxingischeating
#endmultiboxing

2 Likes

no

/10 characters

yes

/9 characters

Maybe

Learn to read they posted directly on the topic.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/policy-update-for-input-broadcasting-software/707426/2373?u=shootingone-malorne

That’s the problem with the argument. For players who were out questing and running dungeons multiboxing provided a completely new way of looking at how you wanted to play WoW. This change has not left them with something which is much the same or just more difficult. It’s completely different and, compared to how it used to be, is a dull watered-down activity for which the only use really has become hogging resource nodes and dungeon boosting.

Look, think of it this way. Think about the last time you had a crazy moment where a group you were in almost died and what everyone did to save it. The healing, the aggro, the cc etc. Now imagine trying to figure out how to save that same situation as a single individual with 5 characters and all of their abilities at your fingertips. Think about keeping track of all of your keybinds, targeting commands, cool downs, cc’s, character placement and everything else. I mean we’re literally talking about simultaneously managing 40 to 60 different possible commands.

Telling someone their chance to handle that situation with alt-tabbing is nearly the same or just more difficult doesn’t pan out. It isn’t the same at all.

4 Likes