Policy Update for Input Broadcasting Software

Sure, and thats blizzard right to do that. You or I can disagree or not, but that doesn’t change the fact that Blizzard didn’t like those things for one reason or other and they were changed…

just like this

1 Like

Better late than never.

2 Likes

No I would NOT say that not at all. Multiboxing in particular has had a large vocal number of detractors over the years. If it were just about correcting the mistake they made then it would have been banned LONG ago. So long ago in the lifetime of this game that it would have the appearance of legitimacy to be banned. But from what I am hearing the reason to ban ISBoxer/Innerspace has nothing to do with improving the plight of the customer, rather it is to prevent a specific behavior that allows players to get around one aspect of a TEMPORARY game component e.g. Covenants. If that is WHY they are doing this now then it stands to reason that such a broad policy change now is neither in the best interests of customers nor in the long run in the best interest of the game design itself. If that is the case? Blizzard needs to put on their big girl panties and suck it up buttercup.

1 Like

Sorry I don’t think you read the rest of my response.

The theory I was positing was that things are not “illegal” until they affect the total enough to be “illegal”.

Thus, Blizzard didn’t consider Multiboxing software against the rules till they created a big enough issue that they now think it does. That’s just the nature of how things become “illegal”

Only if there is no ulterior reason. If there is or appears to be an ulterior reason that has nothing to do with valid game play though then I will take never any time. It is a conflict of interest.

So now what are we going to do about these bots that STILL exist?

3 Likes

I think the problem is bigger now than before and that’s why they took action. I went to timeless isle recently and saw someone multiboxing like 6 balance druids killing every single frog. In classic you see people multiboxing 5 characters everywhere. It’s a good change and way overdue.

1 Like

So by that logic Player directed flight should also have been removed from the game? They tried that and got shut down. HARD.

Or by that logic Players must divulge their real names on the forums? Yeah they tried that too. IT ALSO FAILED.

Yes, If Blizzard deems player flight should go then yes, it should go.

Do I agree with that sentiment? No, but that doesn’t mean they are not wrong to get rid of flight if they deem it detrimental to their game…and in some ways they have done exactly that.

1 Like

I have boxed 2 for years now and personally I am kinda glad they did this.
It gets old dragging another toon around behind you. It is like driving around town with a 40’ low boy trailer behind you. Boxing is work! Playing one is more fun. I am cutting back to just one account.

1 Like

Yes I agree with you - I have been two - boxing different classes since Cata - its been fun setting up all the abilities and software, but I think now I find wow not as fun and I can think back to how I enjoyed just playing the one toon

1 Like

It’s so weird that I don’t raid, do mythic+, or PvP, & I do my best to avoid anything that feels like “chores.” All I do is solo quest, harvest, & explore.

Nevertheless, nobody is trying to stop me. Now, I realize you were trying to be funny or sarcastic, but you failed at both.

I have grave doubts that Blizz cares about your window-renaming hotkey, but please feel free to continue posting your tin-foil-hat claims.

Blizz doesn’t like flying players, but they know that flying mounts are too popular to take away entirely, so they make you work for the privilege.

Multi-boxing is now much the same: it’s not taken away entirely, but it’s more difficult to do. I’m astonished by the number of people who can’t seem to figure this out.

1 Like

It’s much more expensive to do as it requires additional hardware - and for that investment - you’re rewarded with increased harassment and false reports from the hate group Blizzard emboldened with the wording of the post.

4 Likes

I just want to toss in my opinion and express how painful this change is. My wife and I just got back into the game over the last couple months, and she started doing a bit of “multiboxing” as part of it. In her case, she’s used some basic software to send a few keys to a second character, so that they attack, use a Loot-a-Rang, and follow her main character. It’s not game breaking in the slightest. She’s not parading 20 Druids through Orgrimmar, but she’s just as guilty under this policy change. And she’s heartbroken, which is difficult for me to see. She’s fallen back in love with the game with this new dynamic, and now it’s being taken away from her. It really makes me wonder whether its worth it to keep playing.

I hope that Blizzard will rethink this. If someone is breaking the game or disrupting the experience of others, they need to be taken care of individually. Instead, everyone is being punished for the actions of a few people. I saw someone mention that Blizzard used a hammer when they needed a scalpel, and I think that was an apt way of putting it.

So, please, Blizzard, if you’re reading this, then reconsider this change. It hurts much more than just the small number of people exploiting it.

9 Likes

Solution to many problems is just a rework of some of the in-game features. Limit /follow to party only (can only follow a party member - and doesn’t work in a raid) and have herbs/mining nodes not harvestable in a raid group. Bump the max number of taps from 10 to 20. Have stand-still farming be considered zone disruption and bannable. Easy peasy.

5 Likes

In my classic raid group - our standing rule is if you need to step away for a moment during trash - /follow someone.

1 Like

Good point. Most broadcast softwares can do this. Will doing round robin still agaisnt those new rules? Looks like blizzard want to make a rule so abrangent that will apply to almost any scenario. This new rule needs more clarification.

Except trying to do it on 10 toons will take 10 seconds (or more) to click every single one. Which provides time for the farmers to get in combat with mobs/players. As opposed to literally one click and off they go.

1 Like

Maybe for some