Policy Update for Input Broadcasting Software

There will be many ways to still multibox but as others have said in other conversations the problem will be anytime the vast majority of the player populations sees any toon(s) following another they will be spamming the report button and beleaguered GM’s will just start banning and sorting it out later. Thus the effort will become more and more tedious to box legitimately. Unfortunately the ones doing this for profit will just keep doing it and letting the bans roll off disposable accounts.

Not a dig on players or GM’s as the first have reached a point of such frustration you can’t blame them and the second are just trying to do a thankless job.

1 Like

Except this is not exclusive to multiboxers, a coordinated guild or 2x4 farming group can do the same thing.

This is just players being toxic or abusive. It has nothing to do with multiboxing as a playstyle.

3 Likes

difference is theyre not cheating

1 Like

Don’t worry that’s not illegal. You can still have several WoWs open at the same time, and be logged into them. You’re simply now allowed to use a software which mirrors keystrokes.

Neither are multiboxers :slight_smile:

1 Like

“A :poop: by any other name…” -Shakespeare

MULTIBOTTERS ON UNSUB WATCH :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :joy: :ok_hand: :ok_hand: :v: :sob: :sob:

Not me, I’m here for the long haul bb

3 Likes

sure, a coordinated guild can mimic multiboxing. you know how often I’ve seen that happen? Zero number of times while I see input-broadcasting multiboxers every time I play wow.

2 Likes

I have unsubbed and refunded 4 shadowlands copy already, I was a casual multiboxer, here’s what I did…

• Level many alts team
  • Run appropriate level dungeons
  • Run Mythic+
  • Run LFR (Never wiped with me in the group, once went as all 5 healers and it was so fun)
  • Run Transmogs

I paid with RL money, I don’t have time to farm for fake pixels…(i really dont understand people trying to gold cap in a game)

The people who ruined multiboxing?

• Not you forums complainers
  • Mass goblin multiboxers who were scaling up in AFK standstill farm. (might be powered by botting in background)
  • 8-10 Node gatherer had minimal impact ( I remember farming some elementium ore to level engineer and had node disappear in front of me because ONE guy was ahead of me and much faster)

This was stopped because it was abused and people like me who casually multiboxed to have fun and avoid other players for personal reasons are also paying the price.

Multiboxing is fun, doing dungeons on your own and managing a whole team is really satisfying, doesn’t matter if I only did +5 keys, It’s a real challenge and the idea of a game like this would be really good if it was built-in from the ground up. But that would be more of a single player game in the WoW universe.

I’ll go back to mythic raiding and that’s it. I respect Blizzards decision and I understand that they need to eliminate any suspicion between Bots and Multiboxer when they do their clean-up. It was just getting too hard to differentiate now. And I hated AFK farmers, I knew this day would come because of them.

I won’t bother trying to hardware multibox, just too much effort at that point.

Goodbye multiboxing teams, Hello Altoholism.

9 Likes

FYI They did refund the 4 copies I asked to be refunded. I only pay month to month so I didn’t ask for sub refunds. I kept one account for now but not sure it will keep my interest. It might, we’ll see.

5 Likes

Thank you, Blizzard.

This change is good, but does it go far enough?

We have a toxic community of multi-boxers in WoW that stifle any discussions around them while also cheating on a daily basis to ruin the economy for their own greed. There is no lower form of humanity than these ridiculous people.

Why not simply life-time ban them and track their IPs, mac-addresses, and credit cards? It is too easy to circumvent a ban or nuked account, we should ban the individual from playing.

The multiboxers are now on notice, and if they box at all, even one time, they should be banned for life from WoW, and that ban should be on the person, not just the account.

Revert honor levels gained by people barely playing multiple accounts in BGs in order to parallel farm honor to more easily reach honor level 500+.

I understand you decided to do this and are intractable in that. I am fine with what you are doing as long as you are willing to allow players to either receive a refund for the no longer usable accounts due to this action or to freely consolidate their characters.

I have emails from Blizzard saying that this is not supported but not against the rules, so then I pay for the additional copies of the game and time to play then after I do that you change your mind and I’m just stuck with the result, seems awful bait and switch to me. Have a heart people have poored thousands of hours into their way of playing the game after you said they were ok to then changed your mind when you had their money? If nothing else it shows how far you’ve gone from being the company that I grew up with.

7 Likes

it is the exact same odds per character in their you just make the decision which character gets it, so you are your own loot council, isn’t that how it should be? Never deal with Ninja looters or toxic players? Help out guildies with attunements? Run past people giving them every buff with one button?

I hate to break your maniacal laughter… (it’s quite lovely) but… this won’t do anything about the pro multiboxers out there farming your herbs and ores and Stormsong Valleys.

This change doesn’t have any effect doing multiple dailys/WQs on multiple toons simultaneously.

Lets take a very simple example. Say I have two accounts and want to do dailys on one toon on each account. I log both toons on, one per account, put them in a group, and fire up my Sandstone drake. Fly to and complete all my dailies, on both toons simultaeouosly, and log another two toons, rinse and repeat.

This same scenario could be played out with any number of accounts being logged on simultaeously. The same goes for farming nodes. It might take a few more seconds for each node, but not much additional time/effort.

So as far as farming nodes and doing quests on multiple accounts simultaenously I don’t see this change as having much of an impact.

3 Likes

Gnome speaks truth!

Everyone is rejoicing that multiboxing is dead. Multiboxing says… I’m not dead yet! I’m getting better!

Blizzard has yet to ban it outright folks. I really don’t know what this change accomplishes other than removing the easiest of modes to get started w/ ISBoxer… they should have just banned ISBoxer :expressionless:

3 Likes

i don’t use addons.