Policy Update for Input Broadcasting Software

And that’s sustainable between 5-10 accounts in that are the issue with multi boxers. Not someone playing 2 accounts having to spend timing managing both between screens or alt tabing between windows on one screen.

I’m glad you’re leaving. Go ruin a game somewhere else.

7 Likes

No that’s not bannable to just have it. This software, as well as keyboard and mouse macro software has legitimate uses.

Using it to automate key presses in game (1key > 1 action in game, for example using delayed or repeats keystrokes) is bannable and equivalent to botting and automation

3 Likes

Even better one, a pro tip from a child!

Maybe my last post was too generous to Blizzard.

Maybe the reality is that they have now made more then enough money to not need the extra income from the multiboxers anymore, so the party for you guys is over now, you are simply no longer needed.

I have no idea how they are going to police this. I’ve been using AutoHotKey to multibox WoW for 14 years, and am waiting on actual Blizzard response confirmation that something I’ve been doing for so long is something I’m going to get banned for.

Here is a link to a thread on these forums where I post my script:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/waves-im-that-multiboxing-hunter/272593/56

2 Likes

I actually
I have
I don’t
I believe
I hope

Geez.

1 Like

You mean I can go out and farm my own mats instead of feeding into the degenerate cycle of whales buying gold to fund multiboxers F2P legions who then turn around and sell them back their own gold?

This is such great news! Thank you for finally taking a stance and one that helps better the health of the game.

1 Like

Oh that’s good. Like real good. Blizz thank you so very much!

Woah there buddy. Botting is cheating. Because Blizzard defined botting (the action of a computer program playing a character instead of a person) as cheating. If you need more information about why multiboxing isn’t cheating click my name, search my comments and look at what I replied to the guy right before you.

Multiboxing means a person is responsible for requesting each action. Botting means a human only starts the program and a computer does the rest. Botting is known as cheating and to equate the two is logically wrong for making an argument and distasteful.

2 Likes

Thank you. All you need now is to remove “Follow” and remove battle net to allow only one client at a time.
/woot

1 Like

I got one without cata engineering, what?

Did they change something recently?!

Holy hell I actually have some shred of hope for the future of the game now

https://media.tenor.com/images/13c4532503b1a8099cc8f41e2475097c/tenor.gif

2 Likes

Let’s not get crazy, now.

2 Likes

Are you going to actually do things about it or is this a PR stunt like making advertisements for boosts/sales in the premade finder against the TOS?

Thank you. I also respect your perspective on the game, and I can see how other people playing the game differently may change your experience for the worst; breaking immersion or changing how the content works. If I’ve ever done that to you, I really do regret it.

I just can’t go back after nine years of running three accounts, and that’s okay. There’s a big game library out there on competing platforms.

Enjoy Shadowlands!

2 Likes

Thank you! So glad I will never see a pile of druids farming herbs again!

Hey, why don’t you go farm some herbs in Nazjatar?

Oh, wait… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Until and unless they specify a ban on muti-boxing in general there doesn’t seem to be an issue with mechanical, or really any, method that doesn’t use keycloing software. Obviously multiple PCs with multiple keyboards won’t be using keycloning software, or even appear to be running multiple clients. The only way to stop that would be to limit the accounts a person can have logged in simultaneously. Really I’m not sure how they’d even stop/detect someone that does the same thing using mutiple VMs.

If they are just modelling behavior (having multiple clients that appear to be synchronized) then there would be the potential for a lot of false positives.

I’m guessing that they are looking to cut back on the “easy” casual, large scale muti-boxers, but that is just a guess.

5 Likes