Policy Update for Input Broadcasting Software

You are allowed to log into two characters and alt-tab between the windows and play each character individually. This is OK, this not in dispute.

What needs clarification is if hardware broadcasting or mirroring is allowed. But, it makes no sense to allow hardware mirroring of keystrokes but ban software solutions… it is the playstyle that is harmful.

One keystroke is one action on one character.

1 Like

I have to write something because I can’t just reply to a quote with a quote lol

That’s what happens, one action on one character on each client :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Perhaps if the multiboxers just eat Corn Flakes for breakfast we’ll be cured of our evil tendencies.

1 Like

if MBing is P2Win then so is GDPK.

1 Like

Also literally any carry service which Blizzard has explicitly allowed so long as it is for gold only (since you know, tokens).
I mean really, those are worse as P2W. I don’t know a single multiboxer who cleared a current Mythic raid, but I know there are plenty of people who buy full clear loot funnel runs…

1 Like

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/can-you-please-clarify-a-few-things-regarding-multiboxing/707988/14?u=teufelgott-shadowsong

There is a lot of misconception around how multiboxing works on here which is sad as it’s making a lot of people mad for wrong reasons. Also though, I might be ignorant on what is really making people mad so there is that.

If it’s the grief someone is causing by “instacasting spells” from a large group of toons at once, yes, this will help stop that. If that was the real problem than it’s awesome that this will help as frankly that would be annoying as heck if it was happening.

If it’s grief caused by mass gathering of nodes, mass killing of mobs, or just a lot of toons milling around on top of each other, this has almost zero impact. You can still use software that will open up windows between your various wow clients. Basically creating a window on one client to the screen of another client (to click through to toolbar). Mass gatherers have no interest in the game visuals so they will just fire up x number of clients align x number of viewers to the clients within their screen, set up macros on each client and then continue farming like mad. All of this set up can be scripted and recreated easily so the actual effort involved in setting up and also resetting up if banned is quite minimal. I really don’t see any issues with staying within the terms of service as currently stated and doing this. Every client will still be driven by one click in one client and no broadcasting. Efficiency will be impacted but given I would imagine a huge chunk of these are being done by gold farmers it will be no real consequence to them as the labor is cheap.

I do feel Blizz’s pain here as they are trying to solve a problem which like many things will have huge impact on a small number of people that weren’t the problem in the first place and the ones they are trying to impact will find the work arounds. Though I am one of those few impacted negatively who wasn’t the problem, I do commend them for at least trying as from the posts on here it really was obviously negatively impacting a lot of players game satisfaction so something had to be done. Tough spot to be in.

I might be wrong but will be curious to see.

1 Like

Perhaps you shouldn’t have so many toons then if it’s take up all your game time. Play one or two characters you really like and do the dailies. Or, just do the minimal amount on each? Multiboxing is cheating, period. If you want to do dailies, do them one at a time on each toon like the rest of us. WQ killed alt-ing in my opinion, so I get why people would use multiboxing to complete them, but then you have to make a hard choice - do them the manual way or cut down on your alts.

1 Like

get rid of all 3rd party software then. O can’t do that your buddies won’t be able to do Raids without 3rd party addons like DBM.

Well said.

I hope the middle ground emerges where these policies help to drastically cut down on abusive/cheating players while at the same time allowing some form of gameplay to emerge for multiboxers who have basically never gotten in anyone’s way. Can’t blame people for being upset if all of their experiences have been 100 to 0 deaths from 20 aimed shots or 0 taggable mobs in a sea of starfalls.

2 Likes

Addons are different to 3rd party broadcast software across multiple accounts.

1 Like

don’t care all 3rd party software needs to be banned.

LOL this kind of ruleslawyering and cope from the multiboxers is expected but also still somehow hilarious. Blizzard has no problem with the SOFTWARE that’s used to create 1 action across n characters for 1 keystroke, they have a problem with the fact that 1 keystroke causes n actions in wow instead of just 1.

BUT GO RIGHT AHEAD MULTIBOXERS I’M SURE NO SALTY SOLO FARMERS WILL SPAM REPORT YOU. AND I’M SURE BLIZZ CUSTOMER SUPPORT WILL TAKE YOUR WORD FOR IT THAT YOU’RE USING HARDWARE AND HENCE CLEAN.

BLIZZARD WILL AUTOMATICALLY ALLOW ANY MULTIBOXER TO CONTINUE AS LONG AS THEY SAY THAT THEY ARE USING HARDWARE

Go riiight ahead mates.

2 Likes

Well, Software is banned. Ugh, Never used paid software and just this is hurting all casual-hardcore boxers equally. There is no way around legally I will have to be sure to run all my characters separately for love rocket season. It’s gross, the thought of more than the usual 6-7 hours farm cause of druids invading nodes in nazjatar or people ruining bgs. Not everyone ruined others fun. I do understand the more extreme end streaming 8box druids that shouldn’t be encouraged to become the norm for gathering etc. I used to have to shard hop my best friend to avoid the 8-10 boxing druids in Nazjatar. I didn’t think it wrong casual boxing 1 stroke broadcast to level with RAF/alts, but guess those days of fun are gone. Only positive here is since I haven’t used HKN in quite some time it won’t be as much withdrawl. (Saving for brutosaur took me away from leveling/boxing ironically for months.) Guessing a lot of Hardware guides are about to crop up. I can see the issues were more botting, boxing ID, Botanica, etc, people stealing nodes, pvp fixing/griefing I imagine than anything else. I had seen people boxing Korrak’s last year, was impossible to not notice the boxing alt names. Perhaps restrictions on pvp or griefing as not to hurt the boxers just minding their own business. Well, Won’t be installing any software on my new Shadowlands rig I built a couple months ago. I will miss the syncronized starter zone dhs and invasion boxing, etc all the fun over the years. Truth be told new leveling is so fast, don’t think boxing is necessary to level more. Am sad that everyone using software can’t now cause of those abusing the privilege.

Multiboxing is based on mirroring keystrokes to multiple WoW game clients. Every Multiboxing software broadcasts commands to multiple WoW game clients, making all “minions” to duplicate the “master” in everything. That’s what Multiboxing is, not just runing 2+ accounts.
How can you say “Multiboxing is Not Bannable”

Well, because it’s the truth.

Multiboxing, or playing multiple World of Warcraft accounts at once, is not a violation of our Terms of Use.

4 Likes

They are allowing, manual boxing as in the non-software or hardware types. Sad to have to revert to my first RAF style boxing but that’s what is permitted currently.

You’ve uninstalled all your addons have you?

1 Like

Apparently not since it’s still allowed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Correct, but there is a pseudo “supply” of Tokens provided when you buy the token and sell it on the AH. That’s how the gold value is determined. Plus a little fudgery to keep gold prices reasonable.