Pls remove leeway mechanic

Title

Video for reference remove space.
https:// youtu.be/S3GH5cWPFOE

67 Likes

No… whatever advantage I can get against a hunter or mage, I’ll take it.

5 Likes

Retail is the game you are looking for. Leeway was not in vanilla wow.

22 Likes

Bump leeway is trash

22 Likes

Oh this post is going places… why would you remove that?

To me, this seems like pearl-clutching from people who are used to the formal, strict rules of arena combat.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s pretty crazy stuff. Op should probably add a brief description to the post.

Basically a tauren in melee whilst moving will have an attack range greater than 8 yards. Other races about 8 yards.

1 Like

odd that its factoring in any movement rather than just forward movement, and that the forward movement of the opposing player isn’t applying an equalized cancelation of the effect

4 Likes

I can get on board with removing this behavior if it’s not classic. Meaning the argument needs to provide proof that this didn’t occur in Classic (I honestly don’t remember). I can understand why this behavior is intentional (compensating for connection quality/latency, to avoid people screaming “I WAS TOTALLY IN RANGE OF HIM. BLIZZ FIX YOUR GAME” screeches during fast moving/circling strafing PvP battles. But even then, if it’s not classic, it should be removed.

But one thing is for sure, whoever coined the term “leeway” for this behavior needs to reevaluate their life. What a horrendous, unhelpful, nondescriptive, arbitrary term. They should genuinely feel bad for choosing “leeway”, of all things, to name this behavior.

15 Likes

I don’t even have words to respond to this, but it effected me enough to have to make a post.

3 Likes

Leeway was added much later than vanilla, in cata or mop to help laggy players deal w attempting to play melee.

I dont really see the need in me making an argument for it needing to be removed but ill just give it a quick go i suppose.

Leeway did not exist in vanilla, as it shouldnt. It removes high skill cap gameplay and ill just give one example as im typing this from my phone at work.

Deadzone kiting is a minigame that is played between most classes in vanilla. Rogues deadzone kite warrior charge with crippling poison. Mages deadzone kite hunters due to being squishy to ranged damage. The leeway mechanic fully removes this minigame due to both players moving being the basis of the minigame in the first place.

This has nothing to do with playing arena as arena for the last 9 years has had this awful mechanic in it anyways. This is why melee players can attack thru poles in arena while they chase their target.

It doesnt belong in classic.

Bump.

23 Likes

pls blizz remove this dum dum mechanic

4 Likes

You are incorrect. This mechanic was implemented much later than vanilla and it is an awful mechanic even in the current game. This mechanic didnt even exist in wotlk when death grip had a minimum range and u could deadzone kite it as well.

14 Likes

It absolutely did exist, what are you talking about? You can see it in old PvP videos. Literally YouTube any video from vanilla.

You can still deadzone warriors, I don’t think you understand how this mechanic works…

Sounds like an agendaandy if you ask me.

3 Likes

You are incorrect. Leeway did not exist 15 yrs ago and shouldnt 2 months from now either.

It sounds to me like you have no idea how it works either.

10 Likes

Ill put it this way. The videos that you are trying to use as proof against me, is literally the proof that I should be using against you. Do you realize that if u were deadzone kiting a warrior as a rogue that with this leeway mechanic you would not be able to drop combat and get a restealth as youd be taking attacks the entire time.

Now pls dont argue

Dismissed

15 Likes

bro u just posted cringe now pls back 2 the combatant sewers plis

7 Likes

Does this happen when trying to kite npcs? I felt like I was getting hit and landing hits too far away on the stress. I thought it was lag, though. Not sure. I didn’t even know this was a thing.

unsure, irrelevant in nearly every situation. sorry.

bump

1 Like

If it wasnt in vanilla, it shoulnt be in classic.

6 Likes