Pls remove leeway mechanic

thank you keep the bumps coming this is an important issue that really would ruin the majority of 1v1 matchups .

3 Likes

Uhhhh does the video show you that it IS in classic wow

Blizzard, please don’t remove leeway mechanic and simply iterate it on being better to an expectation of your playerbase.

Thanks,
Chopchopexe

P.S.: Thanks for Classic

Assuming “expectation” was a phone mistype?

ummmm
correct me if I’m wrong, but haven’t Tauren always had the reach advantage in fights (but also have a disadvantage in that their hit box is larger than other races)? I’m not really arguing either way, I want Classic to be as close as possible to Vanilla, but I thought this was always a complaint even back into the Vanilla days?

yes they had a larger melee range in vanilla, no it wasn’t 11 yards

5 Likes

Hi Nelthene,

Fortunately, “expectation” wasn’t a phone mistype, but when I use such a word I’m indicating that it works as expected in solving the problem that the Classic team has identified and that the player-base is satisfied with the result. Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks,
Chopchopexe

Well then keep the larger melee range
now if it wasn’t 11 yards then fix that for sure, but put it back to the way it was in Vanilla
they still should have the reach advantage considering that their hit box is larger than any other race’s hit box is.

yes they already have the increased melee range, but on top of that this leeway mechanic is active and that’s the issue, not the tauren range.

leeway is effective for every melee class and race.

2 Likes

I just think it’s ridiculous that backpedaling actually gives you an advantage in PvP.

3 Likes

On a side note
it must be either a sign of age or my crappy education that I at first read this thread title as remove the LEEROY mechanic
my brain doesn’t work today apparently
However if there was a mechanic in the game designed to wipe raids
it would definitely be the leeroy mechanic

2 Likes

Leeroy was an inside job :frowning: But I choose to believe.

Yes
yes it was
doesn’t make it any less funny to me
because every guild has “that guy” or in my case a lot of times I was “that guy” LOL. Before I knew what the hell I was doing I used to run around in 5-mans even into TBC and launch PoM Pyros at mobs (typically it was to troll our RL tank friend playing with us). It got to the point that back in those days, our raid didn’t consider it a real raid until I had pulled agro on something (by doing something stupid) and getting my tiny gnome @ss punted somewhere :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Every guild has to have a mascot for content reasons
ours was the retadin. :slight_smile:

Ours was the gnome mage (me) and a RL friend of mine who played a human mage named Pieromaniac (he used to do the same crap as me LOL)

You guys are missing the point. Whether it was or wasn’t in vanilla does not matter.

It was put in the game back when everyone had crap internet and it was needed to make the game playable. That is no longer the case so this feature no long servers a purpose.

It’s the equivalent of only allowing 800×600 resolution because technically that was what existed in vanilla.

2 Likes

Remove leeway its not necessary anymore.

Unfortunately, the project was meant to be an emulation of the original Vanilla WoW experience on modern technologies. Emulation also means to strive to recreate some of the gameplay mechanics and limitations at the time to most accurately capture how it played back in 2006. Wider spell batching was a major system that was used then and for a historical and museum piece, it was necessary to include something that came close to what was experience then. The leeway mechanic was included to resolve some of the issues that came with wider spell batching and how spells/abilities interacted with players.

Regards to the 800x600 resolution, they could very well enforce this to be a maximium resolution, but they have already said that some things must be changed and compromised and this one doesn’t appear to be important enough to enforce, but allows players to experience it at those resolutions if they wish which does resolve the need to at least emulate that 2006 experience.

remove spell batching .

1 Like

i deadzoned warriors on my rogue in duels outside IF to tick energy and break combat too many times. this was absolutly not a thing. fix it.

5 Likes