Please separate twinks from leveling players.

The whole point of twinking is so that you can beat up on and feel vastly superior to undergeared people because you can't cut it in pvp at max level. Let the little twinks have their fun and just remember that they can't find any success in this game outside of locking into a particular level bracket for the rest of their existence.
08/11/2018 11:39 AMPosted by Kuulfinn
you can't cut it in pvp at max level.

Just looking at your current ratings which are all 0 it seems like you are the one that cant cut it at max level rip dude. Stop projecting your insecurities on the rest of us.
08/11/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Mustard
Just looking at your current ratings which are all 0

Everybody's current ratings are blank right now...
08/11/2018 12:15 PMPosted by Forums
Everybody's current ratings are blank right now...

he has 0 for everything in his achieves forums don't be dumb...then again I guess you can't really help it can you?
08/11/2018 12:09 PMPosted by Mustard
you can't cut it in pvp at max level.

Just looking at your current ratings which are all 0 it seems like you are the one that cant cut it at max level rip dude. Stop projecting your insecurities on the rest of us.

How good or bad I am at PVP has no relevance to what I said, nor does it affect the validity of it. Sorry that I struck a nerve.
The whole point of twinking is so that you can beat up on and feel vastly superior to undergeared people because you can't cut it in pvp at max level.

Or, it could be...

The whole point of not twinking is so that you can have ready made excuses and blame your failures on being undergreared bc it will all change at max level.
The whole point of twinking is so that you can beat up on and feel vastly superior to undergeared people because you can't cut it in pvp at max level. Let the little twinks have their fun and just remember that they can't find any success in this game outside of locking into a particular level bracket for the rest of their existence.

Interesting I've gone on win streaks in both rated BG in Cata and just me joining solo in random low level BG's, I lost more interest in max LV PVP with MOP as enjoy the low level experience more and there is many twinks on both sides when playing.
It's the twink premade groups that can dominate games which is no different then at max level with geared premade groups also.
The whole point of twinking is so that you can beat up on and feel vastly superior to undergeared people because you can't cut it in pvp at max level.

Some play simply to avoid the gear treadmil, you gear once and you're set regardless of new seasons, raids or expansions.

Some play both low and max level brackets, some play exclusively one or the other.

Some play out of nostaglia for a specific bracket or expansion.

Some just like how the classes play at lower levels without certain spells/abilties.

And sure some do play just to stomp the undergeared, some also play to verse the other equally geared twinks.

Whole point of twinking is different from player to player, to blanket apply your crybaby view of why it happens to everyone is pretty stupid.
1 Like
08/09/2018 11:16 AMPosted by Mustard
08/08/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Demoniclily
Now people are like " blizzard I'm trying to level thru bgs, and twinks are slowing me down, please remove them!"

This, a bg loss in the 20 bracket gives roughly 5 bars of xp, thats way to high and encourages the wrong type of play for pvp. I am actually surprised that ppl even care about winning and losing in bgs while lvling at the moment with how high the loss xp is.
Yeah, this. When combined with the now slow crawl that is questing, even losing a bg is a win in comparison to braindead questing. Iā€™m not complaining though.
08/11/2018 09:16 AMPosted by Littlemorte
[quote]The Twinks goal isn't to win the BG it's to massacre it. Twinks just want to farm you and that is exciting! Don't worry though you eventually will move on because you were just stopping by as you level. However the Twink will be there wati

08/11/2018 12:51 AMPosted by Dereick
Do not play low level battlegrounds anymore. Which is what happened last time twinks were present in low level general population battlegrounds.

Then they separated twinks.

BG participation increased dramatically.

Twinks complained, all but died out.

Now twinks are a thing again.

Guess what happens next? go ahead...just guess.

(hint: low level battleground participation will decrease significantly)

You have no clue what you're talking about.

You disagree but offer no counterpoint, or point at all for that matter other than you believe I do not know what I am talking about.

Here's my counter to your statement.
yes I do. I have been around a long time. I have seen the evolution of low level battlegrounds, including the twinks of old. I have even tried twinking briefly myself.

Since my point was low level battleground participation will significantly dwindle. I stand by that. It happened last time. Everything I said in my OP is completely 100% accurate.
Whether it will happen again? A educated guess. But 'educated' doesn't exactly fit in with your theory I don't know what I'm talking about.

Look blizzard...the twink argument threads are back again.
08/11/2018 02:29 PMPosted by Kuulfinn
How good or bad I am at PVP has no relevance to what I said,

Yes it does, you cant call other players bad when you yourself are bad rofl. Pot calling the kettle black dude.

nor does it affect the validity of it

It does though lol.

Sorry that I struck a nerve.

Kappa

Do you have any proof that this actually happened that isnt anecdotal?

This part here makes me believe you really don't have any idea what you're talking about, twinks never died, games still ran when they were separated, you just never saw them.

They've never not been "a thing"...

Again do you have any proof that this actually happened last time?

Flawed logic, i kill max level toons on my 99, i certainly can handle 110 pvp.

You sound bitter, have i farmed you before?
08/11/2018 08:05 AMPosted by PƠngmƔo
enchant their gloves and boots (which most levelers aren't going to do) and pick up the best weapons with procs. It's dumb.

You don't enchant your boots and gloves while leveling?

Wow, baddie.
08/11/2018 05:53 PMPosted by Kiingah
Some play simply to avoid the gear treadmil, you gear once and you're set regardless of new seasons, raids or expansions.

That is 90's twinking now in a nutshell.

Ding 90.
Go to Pandaria
Fly to PVP vendor, buy gear.
Go to SW, but PVP gems.
Enchant gear.
Queue BG.
Do not play low level battlegrounds anymore. Which is what happened last time twinks were present in low level general population battlegrounds.

Then they separated twinks.

I suppose you have all the data to back this up?....I'll wait here holding my breath.
08/08/2018 04:49 PMPosted by JoeboƓ
Many, many, many years ago, my lil lvl 48 mage (in greens and a couple blues) made his way over to the portal to que into this battleground thing called Warsong Gulch.

I rolled in as a fire mage and got my teeth kicked in. Repeatedly. I can still see that Orc Shammy 1-shotting me over and over every time I got near him.

Did I hate it? No. Did it confuse me? Kinda. Did it light a fire in me to learn all about a part of the game I recently realized existed? YES!

I had twinks at 19, 29, 49, and 69. Right now, I have twinks at 99 and a couple 109s...with various semi-geared rogues and hunters in the mid levels that I play time to time.

Twinkings fun. Anyone can make one with a little time and effort (gold). Lowbie pvp is what really sucked me deeper into the game...and random bgs are still my fave thing to do, and pretty much all I do to this day.

Lowbies is the same as endgame in the fact that new players need to understand you have to know your class, know your enemy, and have the gear to compete. They can learn it now, or at endgame. Its still the same lesson.

Secondly, you either "get" pvp and like it...or you dont. Shielding someone from getting their butt handed to them early on really doesnt make that big of a difference.
Separate the two and basically destroy the entire twink community at the same time. Stop complaining.
08/07/2018 02:07 AMPosted by Demoniclily
why? you're gonna level out of a bracket in a couple hours. let the twinks have fun.

Their fun being to massively slow down leveling for everyone else. Almost like that's part of Blizzard's deliberate leveling nerf.
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Some players enjoy easy wins and no competition.

Yes, because clearly, all the twinks are on one side.

If the point was competition, twinks should be making this thread and asking to split the queues.

Twinks ruin gameplay and reduce the number of people who bother playing, increasing queue times. And the fewer players there are, the less likely there will be a balance of equally geared players at all times of the day.

But if XP gains were activated for everyone in the leveling bracket, then leveling would prevent anyone with easy wins from staying in the bracket for long, enforcing balance.

08/12/2018 01:49 PMPosted by Guerrosh
Separate the two and basically destroy the entire twink community at the same time. Stop complaining.

How big can the community be if it can be destroyed by being separated from levelers?